Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2006, 11:59   #301  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

geez.. doing the whole movie is in the same league as using esa me But I agree that everything should be runnable at idle priority.
Old 7th March 2006, 19:25   #302  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
geez.. doing the whole movie is in the same league as using esa me But I agree that everything should be runnable at idle priority.
That's why I made the some people are anal retentive about quality testing statement in the x264 and megui discusion threads about esa lol
Old 7th March 2006, 20:44   #303  |  Link
berrinam

@ChronoCross: If you're willing to subject yourself to such long analysis, would you perhaps be willing to share your results with me? My last commit added diagnostics to Source Detection, so it shares much more information about what it's doing now. I wonder how much more accuracy you get by doing 100% as opposed to 1%.

If you're interested, I simply ask that when you analyse something, analyse it both at 100% and then at 1%, and show me the results. The idea is that they should be the same, but who knows?
Old 7th March 2006, 20:51   #304  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

yeah sure. I'll run it now.
Old 13th March 2006, 22:07   #305  |  Link
fogbav

Automatic Encoding All .TS Files and MPG Files from A Directory ans Subdirs ... Encode Video with fixed PRofile XXX AC3 with fixed Audio Profile YYY and all MP2 Tracks with Audio Profile ZZZ ...

Would be very usefull for all Dbox2 Owners recording streams to a special Folder an get them compressed when they are at work ..8)

Tagging working Folders make it possible to encode from different PCs so 2 or more "Encodings" can happen trough a Network share to the "recording folder"
Old 14th March 2006, 06:05   #306  |  Link
berrinam

I'm not Doom9, but I'm pretty sure that I know what his response is going to be: no way. It requires a huge amount of organisation and has so many ways that the user could stuff it up, and what are the benefits? It saves a tiny amount of time in user setup (of course, the user could set it up with the one click encoder in MeGUI anyway, which is already very easy) for some few people who havze Dbox2s.
Old 14th March 2006, 19:34   #307  |  Link
fogbav

Hmm ... sad to here this ... i programmed some lines with kixtart and everything work very well with all command lines put up in some "spagetti code" programming ... 8)

ts -> ProjectX -> Xvid/mp4 (over ini file - configure Codec +passes)-> Audio --> AAC 5.1 and AAC v2 with winamp codec -> Mp4box -> delete org files ...

but my programming know how is not the best ... so I thought it was a good idea to request this to the profis here in this way ...

Maybe a can spend some time with AUTOIT to transfer all files to the "one Click" encoder in megui and get my autoenconding ...

I have a time eating job and 2 kidz so the only way to get space free on my HD is to programm something that is doing the job for me ... and .. everything exists in Megui / StaxRip etc ...

anyway ... thanks

FoGBaV
Old 14th March 2006, 19:43   #308  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogbav
time eating job and 2 kidz so the only way to get space free on my HD is to programm something that is doing the job for me ...
Or teach Your wife how to use MeGUI
Old 14th March 2006, 20:12   #309  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Request: A Button that allows for megui to always be shown in the tray.
Old 15th March 2006, 07:09   #310  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross
Request: A Button that allows for megui to always be shown in the tray.
Why?

Also, do you have any news on the Source Detector? Just to jog your memory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
@ChronoCross: If you're willing to subject yourself to such long analysis, would you perhaps be willing to share your results with me? My last commit added diagnostics to Source Detection, so it shares much more information about what it's doing now. I wonder how much more accuracy you get by doing 100% as opposed to 1%.

If you're interested, I simply ask that when you analyse something, analyse it both at 100% and then at 1%, and show me the results. The idea is that they should be the same, but who knows?
Quote:
yeah sure. I'll run it now.
If you haven't got any results, then never mind for the moment, because I'm planning on slightly modifying the Source Detector again, so that it uses tritical's IsCombedTIVTC, which is more accurate than DeComb's IsCombed.
Old 15th March 2006, 07:11   #311  |  Link
berrinam

A feature request of my own:

Add extensive commandline implementation for MeGUI. Although it is meant to be a front-end and nothing else should need to run it, commandline support could lead to integration into the shell, meaning you could right-click on a media file and select 'Open With MeGUI' or 'OneClickEncode with MeGUI', etc.
Old 15th March 2006, 10:37   #312  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Add extensive commandline implementation for MeGUI. Although it is meant to be a front-end and nothing else should need to run it, commandline support could lead to integration into the shell, meaning you could right-click on a media file and select 'Open With MeGUI' or 'OneClickEncode with MeGUI', etc.
Maybe you like my CLI architecture, it has a nifty parser as well as a command engine like Visual Studio, the command engine is powered by attributes and reflection and drive both, the menus and the CLI. Adding a new CLI switch is as simple as adding a new method:

Code:
<Command("Show Message Box", Nothing)> _
Public Sub ShowMsgBox( _
    <Name("Message"), Description("The message may contain macros."), Editor(GetType(MacroStringTypeEditor), GetType(UITypeEditor))> _
    ByVal message As String, _
    <Name("Title"), Description("The title may contain macros."), DefaultValue("StaxRip"), Editor(GetType(MacroStringTypeEditor), GetType(UITypeEditor))> _
    ByVal title As String, _
    <Name("Icon"), DefaultValue(GetType(MsgIcon), "Info")> _
    ByVal icon As MsgIcon)

Msg.Show(Macro.Solve(message), Macro.Solve(title), icon)
End Sub
After adding the method the command is now available at the menus as well as at the command line:

StaxRip.exe -ShowMessageBox:a_string,"a string in quotes",Info

That means no manual commandline parsing and all types with a TypeConverter will work which include primitive types (IConvertible) and enums and lots of other framework types like Point, Size etc.

As you can see it uses the syntax of the .NET framework tools, the syntax rocks from both, user and development (parsing) perspective. The parser is not case sensitive and supports '/' as prefix like: /showmessagebox:arg,arg2...
Old 16th March 2006, 12:03   #313  |  Link
berrinam

What do other people think about this: ability to customise scripts used for Source Detection.

Basically, this would mean that instead of having two scripts hard-coded into MeGUI, these two scripts would be accessible via the Source Detector settings. The scripts could be edited by the user and MeGUI would accept them as long as they returned the correct variables within AviSynth.

Pros:
-Customisability -- it could make it easier for the user to change the Comb detection (or something else) to a more accurate method. For instance, my next update will include a change from IsCombed to IsCombedTIVTC, which is much more accurate.

Cons:
-More work for me.
-Many more ways to stuff up.
-Mainstream users probably won't have a clue/won't wont to experiment with these scripts anyway, so for most people it is just a useless feature.

I'm leaning towards not doing it, because it's more work for me and I can't see much in the way of tangible benefits. If someone can give me a good reason to allow it, though, I'll consider going the whole way and giving the user complete control over these scripts.

Last edited by berrinam; 16th March 2006 at 12:32.
Old 16th March 2006, 13:27   #314  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

uhm... naah.
Old 16th March 2006, 19:36   #315  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

same....by being able to customize it, it means you have enough knowledge of IVTC just to do it manaully anyway.
Old 19th March 2006, 08:27   #316  |  Link
Bathrone
Curious Beta Tester

Im just learning MeGUI and AVC encoding so apologies for any user errors Also, love the work so far on MeGUI and x264

How about extending the mux capabilities to be able to demux as well? And be able to mux in more streams like an additional audio one after the file has been done.

And with the D2V creation, being able to put start and end points rather than having to go into DGIndex to set it if the user doesnt want to transcode the whole thing.

I wonder too if there is a way to prevent user's changing Sharktooth's profiles by mistake?
Old 19th March 2006, 09:44   #317  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathrone
I wonder too if there is a way to prevent user's changing Sharktooth's profiles by mistake?
You can't currently change the profiles. If you make a change tp the profile it's simply made to the settings. if you reselect the same profile whatever you changed will change back to what the profile is.
Old 19th March 2006, 10:43   #318  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathrone
How about extending the mux capabilities to be able to demux as well? And be able to mux in more streams like an additional audio one after the file has been done.
You should use a dedicated muxing tool to do this -- YAMB for MP4, or mkvToolnix for Matroska.

Quote:
And with the D2V creation, being able to put start and end points rather than having to go into DGIndex to set it if the user doesnt want to transcode the whole thing.
That's really just video cutting. It's not so important to do it in DGIndex, as long as it is done somewhere before the encoding is done. This cutting will eventually be implemented in Avisynth, but it will probably be a while from now, so you'll just have to be patient until then.

Quote:
Quote:
You can't currently change the profiles.
That's obviously not right. How would anyone manage if they couldn't changing them. I think I know what you mean, though. If you select a profile in the main window, then press config, modify it and press ok, then you won't have changed Sharktooth's profile. However, you shouldn't rely on this, because this is in fact a documented bug.

In fact, there was a feature called Safe Profile Alteration, but I believe it has been removed from MeGUI because it was a hassle and not particularly useful to us. It would be a good idea to check the settings to see if it is actually there, but if it isn't, then it's just up to the user not to fiddle with what they don't understand.
Old 20th March 2006, 06:48   #319  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
You should use a dedicated muxing tool to do this -- YAMB for MP4, or mkvToolnix for Matroska.
Maybe we can add support for this into MeGUI? Why not?
Old 20th March 2006, 06:56   #320  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
Maybe we can add support for this into MeGUI?
What, specifically, do you mean by this?
Quote:
Why not?
What does it add to MeGUI's purpose, which is to be a frontend for encoding?

In particular, what advantage is there in integrating it into MeGUI as opposed to running it as a separate, already-working tool? It's good having primitive muxing in MeGUI, because it means that entire encodes can be managed automatically. But unless demuxing can be somehow integrated into an automated workflow in MeGUI, then it saves the user basically no work by our putting it in MeGUI, but it takes a lot of work for us to replicate YAMB's code (or mkvmergegui's, which is even more powerful).
Closed Thread