Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd November 2014, 03:37   #1  |  Link
Handbrake Video motion choppy

Here is what I am attempting to do with a 4 hour 51 min. m2ts file which is 33.5GB. I want to convert it to mkv and preserve the quality as much to lossless as possible. I have attempted to do this twice with handbrake where both times the video comes out choppy and doesn't "flow" with smooth motion. I checked the file with Mediainfo and here is some information: I believe it is interlaced because Mediainfo is showing scan type: Interlaced. What am I doing wrong and what settings should I have?

The settings I had were: Video Constant quality RF 20, Ref. Frames and Max B-frames: 8, Adaptive B-frames = Optimal, Adaptive Direct Mode = Spatial, Motion Est. Method = Uneven Multi-Hexagon, Subpixel Motion Est. = 10:QPRD In All Frames, Motion Est Range = 64, Partition Type = All, Trellis = Always. I also set Trellis=2 in the x264 encoder options window at the bottom. For Filters, the only thing I set was Decomb to Bob. Detelecine, Deinterlace, Denoise, and Deblock all OFF. I am not sure if the Picture settings are important, but I left it alone.

I really want to get this right, because each time encoding takes 20-26 hours of time to encode and that is with a Windows 7 PC with an Intel 17-4770 3.50 GHz Processor and 16GB of RAM. Thank you for your help in advance.
maverickluke is offline   Reply With Quote