Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th April 2004, 10:19   #21  |  Link
tf

I just backed up Bad Boys II (PAL, Reg 2) with:

DVD-RB 0.30
CCE 2.50
ECLCCE 1.7b

All went smooth and I burned the project. Tested it in my Pioneer DV343 (a pretty good reference player), and there was no stuttering or skipping at chapter points. Thumbs up from here :-)

-tf
Old 5th April 2004, 10:25   #22  |  Link
JDay

DVD-RB Version: .30
Encoder: QuEnc .45

I reauthored the Hong Kong version of Battle Royale II(NTSC) with DVD Shrink (no compression, main movie, japanese ac3 6ch audio and english subs set to default). The reauthored version works fine but I noticed several problems after running it though rebuilder. When I tried to burn with nero 6 it said "File 'VIDEO_TS.VOB' is not referenced and should not be present", "DVD-Video files reallocation failed". I burned it anyway and tried it on a few players. It would play, but the video was a bit jerky, the subtitles didn't appear (it would allow me to turn them on and off but it didn't make a difference) and the audio would lose sync on skipping chapters (although it would sync back up while skipping chapters). The video was also significantly undersized but I think that's an issue with QuEnc, not DVD-RB.

An unrelated bug- When I click abort during the encoding process (on WinXP) it causes the tabs on the taskbar to dissapear and the start button soon after. While in this state, windows minimize and sit above the taskbar rathe than on it. Rebooting fixes this.

Oh, and thanks for the great work. I am too lazy and poor to use the "Big 3" method, this program is a godsend!
JDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 10:47   #23  |  Link
tf

I did Battle Royale II (NTSC) with DVD-RB 0.30 too, but with CCE 2.50. The chapter skipping was gone, but it is true that you don't get any subtitles.

The reason for the missing subtitles is that DVD-RB doesn't support Closed Captions (yet), and that's all there is on that DVD. And that goes for many NTSC dvds (in particular asian ones). I guess that in time, jdobbs will incorporate this feature into DVD-RB.

-tf
Old 5th April 2004, 12:33   #24  |  Link
najt

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
Can anyone else confirm this slight stutter/pixelation? I was convinced it had to be the fix I just made...
I just did Pirates of the Caribbean PAL and no stutter/pixelation.
najt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 13:48   #25  |  Link
kadilak

I am happy to report that I am no longer getting the audio/video stutter between chapters. Thanks for all the great work!
kadilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 14:58   #26  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Quote:
The latest version is v0.31, 5 April 2004.
The link to V0.31 seems to point to V0.30 dated 4/4/2004 10:03 AM file name: dvd-rbv030.zip

/add: now working

Last edited by DDogg; 5th April 2004 at 15:02.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 15:02   #27  |  Link
lab-one

@DDogg

This link points to .31.
lab-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 15:21   #28  |  Link
RB
Retired

jdobbs, are still frames still a known, yet unresolved problem? Just got "Runtime error 9 - subscript out of range" during the prepare step in 0.31 for a VTS that has still frames in various PGCs. Let me know whether you want details.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 15:30   #29  |  Link
nooner6

0.3 & 0.31 Error message

I have the same error as Someone posted earlier when I try the One click mode:

DVD-RB version: 0.30 & 0.31
encoder used: cce 2.62
using eclcce: no
---------------------------
DVD-RB ERROR
There is nothing to do!
DVD-RB couldn't locate appropriate files in working directory! You must PREPARE and ENCODE first.
Aborting.

Movie: Family Man
nooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 15:35   #30  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

jdobbs, not a biggy, and sorry to even bring it up, but on my machine 0.31 requires you to uncheck, and then recheck, the AudioDub(BlankClip()) everytime you open it. If you don't do this then AudioDub(BlankClip()) is not added to the scripts. It is not only the first initial use. I did make sure and delete the INI, but the same thing happens. Each time dvd-rb is opened, you must uncheck and then recheck the AudioDub(BlankClip()) feature to get it to work.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 15:37   #31  |  Link
RB
Retired

Re: 0.3 & 0.31 Error message

Quote:
Originally posted by nooner6
You must use EclCCE with CCE 2.62 because this CCE version has no command line support.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 16:07   #32  |  Link
loosenut

1. DVD-R Version: 0.30
2. Encoder being used: CCE 2.50
3. Using eclCCE? Y

4a. Stargate SG1, Vol 33, PAL
On a JVC and a Sony standalones: everything OK. No stutter whatsoever on chapter points. All chapters involve dissolve and background music continuing to next chapter. Not a single glitch. Yes!!
On a Philips standalone: Picture freezes on start of each episode - chapter. Arghhh!
Same thing that happens on the &^$&^$$#@@ Philips since day 1.

4b. Babylon 5, Season 3, disc 1, PAL.
Run-time error '9'
Subscript out of range
7.7% into rebuilding.
I tried rebuilding with 0.31, same thing.
Retrying from the start with 0.31 now.
Will report back in a ...uhm, a few hours.

you're getting there
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 16:13   #33  |  Link
StifflerStealth

1. DVD-R Version: Encoded with v0.29b, Rebuilt with v0.30
2. Encoder being used: CCE 2.67
3. Using eclCCE? N
4. Bug encountered: Towards the end of a cell the audio would become out-of-sync by a few miliseconds. It isn't by much but it is noticable. Then when the next cell starts, the audio would be in sync again. You need to listen very carefully to catch it sometimes, but other times it is obvious without even trying to look for it. Previous versions and the original DVD did not have this.

I tried to post this yesterday, but I clicked the "Submit Reply" button at the precise time the forum went down.

Stiff
StifflerStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 16:16   #34  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
jdobbs, are still frames still a known, yet unresolved problem? Just got "Runtime error 9 - subscript out of range" during the prepare step in 0.31 for a VTS that has still frames in various PGCs. Let me know whether you want details.
Yes stills are a continuing issue. I worked on them all night last night and have it pretty much working for CCE (needs testing, though) -- next I must modify my demuxing (ReJig) code. But... the normal error you should see associated with stills is the "0004" during rebuild. I'll have to look at how they might cause problems during PREPARE.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th April 2004 at 21:33.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 16:19   #35  |  Link
jdobbs

Re: 0.3 & 0.31 Error message

Quote:
Originally posted by nooner6
I have the same error as Someone posted earlier when I try the One click mode:

DVD-RB version: 0.30 & 0.31
DVD-RB ERROR
There is nothing to do!
DVD-RB couldn't locate appropriate files in working directory! You must PREPARE and ENCODE first.
Aborting.

Movie: Family Man
At some point I need to develop a FAQ for these recurring questions. This means you have no .M2V files in your working directory. Usually it means ENCODE didn't happen, and that is usually because of bad .AVS files, which in turn are caused by bad or non-existent paths...
Old 5th April 2004, 16:22   #36  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by DDogg
jdobbs, not a biggy, and sorry to even bring it up, but on my machine 0.31 requires you to uncheck, and then recheck, the AudioDub(BlankClip()) everytime you open it. If you don't do this then AudioDub(BlankClip()) is not added to the scripts. It is not only the first initial use. I did make sure and delete the INI, but the same thing happens. Each time dvd-rb is opened, you must uncheck and then recheck the AudioDub(BlankClip()) feature to get it to work.
Whoops. I'll fix this tonight. Usually it means I've reversed the default state at startup... I look at the INI and only change the value if it not the default -- but the default isn't what the routine assumes.
Old 5th April 2004, 16:25   #37  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by StifflerStealth
You need to listen very carefully to catch it sometimes, but other times it is obvious without even trying to look for it. Previous versions and the original DVD did not have this.

I tried to post this yesterday, but I clicked the "Submit Reply" button at the precise time the forum went down.

Stiff
Hmmm... I'll check this out. I can't think of anything I've done in the last couple versions that could affect audio sync -- but sometimes the slightest change will have unintended consequences...
Old 5th April 2004, 16:28   #38  |  Link
StifflerStealth

Maybe I should clarify that previous versions would be v0.26 and below.

Stiff
StifflerStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 16:44   #39  |  Link
nwg

jbobbs have you worked out what is causing the runtime error 5 message?

030 still suffers from it.

I only get it when using Quenc.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 16:56   #40  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by nwg
jbobbs have you worked out what is causing the runtime error 5 message?

030 still suffers from it.

I only get it when using Quenc.
No. I'm starting with the big (lots of people affected) errors first and then working my way back down.