Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st April 2008, 19:58   #1101  |  Link
idbirch2

I've made something for those of us who are making these AVCHD rips on FAT32 drives. I got sick of renaming all those files so I've made a little AutoIt script to do it for you. You just need to place the .exe in the same folder as your BDMV directory sits and run it.

Rapidshare link
MediaFire link

Here's the code used for those interested, no smartarse comments about code optimization please, I'm not a coder by trade, I just do it to help myself and others.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 21:53   #1102  |  Link
cpelliott

Appending m2ts files

I really like the mpls feature in 1.7.6. In "The Game Plan", I was able to open the correct .mpls file and it appended the 92 .m2ts files. Nice.

One problem though. My player (popcornhour A-100) still doesn't like the transition points in the combined m2ts file. I tried demuxing the video and audio and then remuxing them back togeter, still no luck. Does tsmuxer fix up all the relevant timestamps (PCR, DTS, PTS, continuity counter) when appending?

Another seamless branching movie with similar issues is Enchanted.
cpelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 22:11   #1103  |  Link
framura

Hi,

I tried to use tsmuxer 1.76b but when I mux to blu-ray format I obtain this error message:

"Bitstream exception. It does not have to be! Plase contact the application support team for more information."

The blu-ray isn't playable with PDVD or Nero or WinDVD.

Do you help me?

TIA
framura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 22:43   #1104  |  Link
DoomBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelliott View Post
I really like the mpls feature in 1.7.6. In "The Game Plan", I was able to open the correct .mpls file and it appended the 92 .m2ts files. Nice.

One problem though. My player (popcornhour A-100) still doesn't like the transition points in the combined m2ts file. I tried demuxing the video and audio and then remuxing them back togeter, still no luck. Does tsmuxer fix up all the relevant timestamps (PCR, DTS, PTS, continuity counter) when appending?

Another seamless branching movie with similar issues is Enchanted.
I have the same problem with the tvix player, wish tsmuxer could fix this.
DoomBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 01:31   #1105  |  Link
moshmothma

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post

It does't have to be. Can you send me your MPLS file?
attached

Last edited by Koepi; 26th April 2008 at 05:48.
moshmothma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 03:18   #1106  |  Link
lordvader1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrder View Post
I have sucessfully converted the HD-DVD "The Kingdom" to a BD structure that plays in Nero Showtime, but when I burn to a BD-RE, my Panasonic BD-30 displays choppy video with no sound.

Try leaving tsMuxers settings at default, and also checking "no chapters" under the Blu-ray tab.
Well I tried leaving the settings at default (and only selected the streams I wanted), but it still borked at 8.7 %. When I've got time, I'll try again, but leave all settings at default, and select all streams, and see what happens (otherwise, it's back to evodemux, vc1conv, etc ...)
lordvader1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 04:23   #1107  |  Link
jacobshek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
A folder named "AVCHD".
Is it possible to create more then one avchd folder that PS3 can recognize multiple avchd on USB harddisk? Thanks!

Last edited by jacobshek; 22nd April 2008 at 07:08.
jacobshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:06   #1108  |  Link
dirkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBot View Post
I have the same problem with the tvix player

I had the same problems with the usual copy command on my poppy

BUT the mpls file and the append command from TSMuxer 1.7.6.b worked perfect on AvP!

So I think it depends on the disc-movie too.

I forgot: All my files are in .ts ! not m2ts
dirkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:58   #1109  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBot View Post
I have the same problem with the tvix player, wish tsmuxer could fix this.
Me too, the only solution seems to be to use H264info/VC1Conv to correct the video stream and then remux. Shame, I've posted this 'feature' twice already now but seems to be overlooked.

Mike
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:10   #1110  |  Link
buggymonkey

Trouble muxing blackhawk down BD

Hi all

Blackhawk has 2 m2ts files making the complete movie ,
problem is when I add each of them to tsmuxer 7(b) it comes 'back with not all files reconizied'

should I be worried about this ?

also is it better to muxer each file seperatley so they have one movie stream ,one audio and one PGS stream
ant than remux them together ??

any advice would be great

I tried to remux both from the intial add and got no subtitles and the first
part of the movie has 2 audio streams
as does the second but the first audio stream is shorter than the first and the movie stops when the shorter audio from the first stream ends , and the movie freeezes

muchos confused I am
Attached Images

Last edited by buggymonkey; 22nd April 2008 at 18:15.
buggymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:28   #1111  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobshek View Post
Is it possible to create more then one avchd folder that PS3 can recognize multiple avchd on USB harddisk? Thanks!
What I do is have 1 AVCHD folder and the movies in there own folders. And when I want to watch one I move the files into the AVCHD folder. Its only takes a second to switch the files around.
I don't think the PS3 is going recognise more than 1 AVCHD folder at a time, Hope I'm wrong and someone finds a way.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:35   #1112  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
What I do is have 1 AVCHD folder and the movies in there own folders. And when I want to watch one I move the files into the AVCHD folder. Its only takes a second to switch the files around.
I don't think the PS3 is going recognise more than 1 AVCHD folder at a time, Hope I'm wrong and someone finds a way.
Instead of moving all the time, why not have a folder for every movie and inside an AVCHD folder? Like:

+Movie1Title
---AVCHD
+Movie2Title
---AVCHD
etc.

or will that not work?

And while we on the subject, Roman, will you consider adding the 8.3 naming scheme as suggested before as an option maybe?

Last edited by lexor; 22nd April 2008 at 14:45.
lexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:06   #1113  |  Link
jacobshek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor View Post
Instead of moving all the time, why not have a folder for every movie and inside an AVCHD folder? Like:

+Movie1Title
---AVCHD
+Movie2Title
---AVCHD
etc.

or will that not work?

And while we on the subject, Roman, will you consider adding the 8.3 naming scheme as suggested before as an option
maybe?
+Movie1Title
---AVCHD
+Movie2Title
---AVCHD
This structure does not work in PS3. PS3 only read the AVCHD folder in the root. Anyone knows any other ways to have multiple avchd in a USB HDD. Thanks.
jacobshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:56   #1114  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobshek View Post
+Movie1Title
---AVCHD
+Movie2Title
---AVCHD
This structure does not work in PS3. PS3 only read the AVCHD folder in the root. Anyone knows any other ways to have multiple avchd in a USB HDD. Thanks.
Would Having a partition for each movie work, so that every movie is at the root of its own partition ?
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:23   #1115  |  Link
mikegee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggymonkey View Post
Hi all

Blackhawk has 2 m2ts files making the complete movie ,
problem is when I add each of them to tsmuxer 7(b) it comes 'back with not all files reconizied'

should I be worried about this ?

also is it better to muxer each file seperatley so they have one movie stream ,one audio and one PGS stream
ant than remux them together ??

any advice would be great

I tried to remux both from the intial add and got no subtitles and the first
part of the movie has 2 audio streams
as does the second but the first audio stream is shorter than the first and the movie stops when the shorter audio from the first stream ends , and the movie freeezes

muchos confused I am
Bump for this as I have the same problem with Blackhawk. Thanks
mike
mikegee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:29   #1116  |  Link
duramaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee2 View Post
Bump for this as I have the same problem with Blackhawk. Thanks
mike
Someone correct me if im wrong but I think you "Add" the first file and then "Append" the second one.
duramaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 01:23   #1117  |  Link
bmnot

When ever I convert a H264 BD or HDTV cap to TS with tsMuxer, the outputted .ts is not compatible with eac3to.

eac3to says "This doesn't seem to be a valid h264/AVC stream." when I load a ts from tsmuxer into it.
bmnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 07:57   #1118  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelliott View Post
Does tsmuxer fix up all the relevant timestamps (PCR, DTS, PTS, continuity counter) when appending?
@Roman76
Can you please answer this important question to all us, TsMuxer users&fans?
As I tested by myself early versions of tsmuxer it didn't rewrite DTS in H.264 streams 'cause Scenarist rejects such stream.
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 08:06   #1119  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrder View Post
I have sucessfully converted the HD-DVD "The Kingdom" to a BD structure that plays in Nero Showtime, but when I burn to a BD-RE, my Panasonic BD-30 displays choppy video with no sound
I must inform, that when I convert HD-DVD to Blu-Ray with VC-1 video stream, then with "remove pulldown" I got BR stuttering on PS3. Without "remove pulldown" BR plays flawless on PS3. In both cases BR plays fine on PC.
Can anyone confirm it too?
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:06   #1120  |  Link
jagaskywalker

I believe the reason for supporting AVCHD on HDD is due to the camcorders, so I doubt it will be possible to have multiple movies at the same time.

Using different partitions should work, as they would be identified as different disks (if the PS3 can handle HDD with multiple partitions...), but it is not very efficient

Changing the name of the folder seems to be the easiest (only) way.

(I do not know if AVCHD on HDD supports menues,.... if it does, you may always "author" an AVCHD con "n" movies... maybe using Nero to create the structure....)

Thanks to idbirch2 for the tool... would it be possible to include it in tsmuxer to do it in one go ?

Finally, what combinations of audio / video codecs have you tried sucessfully ? I have vc1 / ac3 working w/o problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
Would Having a partition for each movie work, so that every movie is at the root of its own partition ?
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer