Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 7th June 2010, 19:58   #5801  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
You can safely delete avsinfo.exe from tools folder. multiAVCHD will default to the old preview style. Such problem means that there is something wrong with your directshow processing.
Ouch! Maybe yes, but why all the sudden? I need to check on that...

//

Quote:
"Forever" is usually = 30 seconds. multiAVCHD kills most tasks if they take more than 30 seconds to complete, when expected to do their job in just 1-3 seconds.
Ok, ok, maybe I was a tad exaggerating

By the way: If I re-install multiAVCHD (e.g. if I re-download the whole pack instead of using the mulitupdate, would it be wise to do a un-install first?
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 20:46   #5802  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

multiAVCHD "install" package is basically un-zip process. It doesn't do anything but replace your multiAVCHD\*.* files (except for the .ini file). Uninstall/Install often makes no difference, unless there are new tools in the full-download package.

If you have troubles viewing 'previews' then re-install will not change anything. multiAVCHD depends on directshow to display previews and un/re-install changes nothing.
Old 7th June 2010, 23:09   #5803  |  Link
Dolsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio011 View Post
WWWOOOOOOWW! Great DeanK, you are the Man! Thank you!
By the way: Since the "AVSInfo.exe"-Update it takes forever to open the title-properties? I have tried to un-/reinstall multiAVCHD with no success.
Quote:
You can safely delete avsinfo.exe from tools folder. multiAVCHD will default to the old preview style. Such problem means that there is something wrong with your directshow processing.

//

"Forever" is usually = 30 seconds. multiAVCHD kills most tasks if they take more than 30 seconds to complete, when expected to do their job in just 1-3 seconds.
Hi,

After I installed the version that added the new tool AVSinfo.exe, I got back my frustrating 30 second delays when opening properties or other parts where a frame from video is to be shown in the gui. I knew why and after I fixed it, I got back the quick respons again.

Here is the link to my post that talked about this 30 second delay and how to fix it. Tips if you have 30 second delays In this post, where it talks about "mx264.exe", it also related to the new tool AVSinfo.exe.

Deank, please make som info somewhere so that users know how to avoid these 30seconds delays, if possible.

Bye,
Dolsen
Dolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:49   #5804  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

As I promised some time ago, I tested multiAVCHD with a clean Windows 7 (Ultimate) 32bit installation.

It took about 3 hours of fighting to make MOTION chapters work. Interestingly enough my Vista 32bit PC has only 2GB of RAM and the PC I installed Win7 had 3GB.

Still motion chapters failed each time with the same message: "Not enough memory folks!" (x264) or "GDI/Insufficient memory" (avisynth) or just no errors and no output.

I tried to increase the virtual memory to 4GB (System Properties / Advanced / Change) but it really didn't make any difference.

The latest build 756 got some changes about motion chapters and now multiAVCHD will not use directshow but ffms2.dll when parsing video for these video thumbnails.

It works in Win7.

Those of you who had troubles, please update to the latest build and give it a try, then post your comments here.

Dean

//

I'm still puzzled why all worked on my Vista installation and not on other people's installations. I had less physical memory than the Win7 PC I installed, and I was currently running over 15 applications, including Azureus, Nod32, skype, photoshop, dreamweaver, 4 ms excel and 2 ms word documents, ~20 tabs in firefox, daemon tools, sony-ericsson suite, adobe acrobat, remote administrator, powerpoint and probably something else... x264 never gave up with "we ran out of memory, folks!" message... I have no explanation. Either my old ffdshow has something to do with it or the windows installation itself or the DELL Inspiron 1720 laptop hardware.

I just don't know.

//

A side note from this 'experiment' is that transcoding of VC-1 WMV files doesn't even require ffdshow - just multiAVCHD and AviSynth.

Last edited by deank; 8th June 2010 at 17:04.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 19:01   #5805  |  Link
Laurent

Quick question for Dean (or anyone knowing the answer): I will have to rebuild my AVCHD structure after changing chapter positions for several titles. Do I have to first delete AVCHDTN and HDAVCTN folders ? Or is multiAVCHD enough clever to understand that certain thumbs have to be recomputed (before rebuilding the chapter menus) when I change the chapter marks ?
Laurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 19:05   #5806  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

To change chapter positions you had to switch to title full-mode processing. multiAVCHD is 'clever' enough and will create new chapter images for these titles. You definitely don't need to delete HDAVCTN folder. AVCHDTN is always recreated, so it makes no difference.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:25   #5807  |  Link
flaviometal

Quote:
The latest build 756 got some changes about motion chapters and now multiAVCHD will not use directshow but ffms2.dll when parsing video for these video thumbnails.
Dean, since the first "motion chapters" build, I never been able to make this option work on my Win7 64, but now with build 756, it works like a charm! Thanks!
flaviometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 21:01   #5808  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@flaviometal: I guess three hours well spent then!
Old 8th June 2010, 21:24   #5809  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

ffdshow and haali spliter installation steps: (steps to take if you have problems with transcoding or menu preparation!)

If you have ffdshow or avisynth or haali splitter - uninstall them and install supported versions in following order:

1) Install Avisynth 2.58

2) Install ffdshow

3) Install haali (Matroska / Матрешка) splitter

Last edited by deank; 8th June 2010 at 21:31.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:07   #5810  |  Link
Laurent

Quote:
To change chapter positions you had to switch to title full-mode processing. multiAVCHD is 'clever' enough and will create new chapter images for these titles. You definitely don't need to delete HDAVCTN folder. AVCHDTN is always recreated, so it makes no difference.
Ok, thank you Dean for the information.
Unfortunately, full mode processing means lots of time too :-(
Old 9th June 2010, 10:55   #5811  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Two new options in the latest update (user request):

In MENU/Buttons/Labels tab:
[x] Show labels on main menu page only - With this option ON, PLAY/CHAPTERS/SETUP/TITLE_LIST labels will appear only on the main menu page, but not on chapters/setup pages.

In MENU/Extended tab:
Menu encoding quality: Normal/High/Very high (6200/8200/13500kbps).

Dean
Old 9th June 2010, 16:36   #5812  |  Link
dvgeek

Quote:
ffdshow and haali spliter installation steps: (steps to take if you have problems with transcoding or menu preparation!)
Thanks Dean !!!
dvgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 17:07   #5813  |  Link
dvgeek

I realize the randomize feature is unique and great, but is there any way we can turn it off? Both for BG video as well as the title thumbnail?

Even after checking the box not to use the feature on BG video, my BG video is randomized.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by dvgeek; 9th June 2010 at 19:04.
dvgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 19:49   #5814  |  Link
Dolsen

Quote:

If you have ffdshow or avisynth or haali splitter - uninstall them and install supported versions in following order:

1) Install Avisynth 2.58

2) Install ffdshow

3) Install haali (Matroska / Матрешка) splitter
Great work making this guide with pictures from the install progress. With this install progress the user will avoid the 30 seconds delay I was talking about, since you showed installing ffdshow without using the "whitelist" where a user can choose which programs will use ffdshow.

But perhaps add a comment next to the last screenshot of ffdshow install, informing that if the user enables the feature "use only ffdshow in these programs", they have to add "mx264.exe" and "avsinfo.exe" (and perhaps "x264.exe") from the tools folder of multiavchd, to avoid 30 second delay.

Bye,
Dolsen
Dolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 00:33   #5815  |  Link
Laurent

Dean, I have a big problem with the quality of thumbmails produced by multiAVCHD for chapter menus. Some are with a lot of macroblocks. Is it something that could be relative to my ffdshow configuration ? Codec for the titles is VC-1 and libavcodec is selected for this codec in ffdhow configuration (not wmv9).

Should the thumbmail be the picture displayed exactly at the chapter mark ? Because I have an example for which the thumbmail created for the last chapter is a picture located before the real chapter mark (less than one second before).

I have the feeling that the thumbmails are very dark compared to what I see when playing the title. Is it a wrong feeling ?

And to finish, I find the thumbs in chapter menu too much small. No way to have something bigger ?
Old 10th June 2010, 14:02   #5816  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Here is a small tool for fast text subtitle conversion (microDVD SUB, SRT, SSA/ASS) to PGS/SUP/XML/PNG(BDM):

Download link: 1.3MB standalone package

Download link: 125KB executable only (if you have multiAVCHD, just put it in multiAVCHD folder).

(since my servers are down, here is a mirror for the .exe only.)

As you can see, it is quite simple, but some people need just that.

XML+PNG are saved in a .rar archive in source file folder (just like easySUP does).
SUP is saved in source file folder.

Here is how the result may look:

With light shadow:

Without shadow:

It takes about 2-3 mins to process 500 subpictures in 1080p, about 1min for 720p (and 20-30secs for 480/576i).

No external filters/plugins are used in the avisynth script.

It supports, left/center/right alignment, bottom offset, font size/color/outline, shadow, blur, opacity... Breaks long lines in ssa/ass, converts {000}{000} microDVD sub and ssa/ass to srt before converting to png/xml/sup.

Requires only avisynth and java (for bdsup2sub).

goSUP supports multiple source files. You can drag&drop multiple text subtitles to the file-box and get them processed in batch.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 10th June 2010 at 22:52.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:41   #5817  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
Thanks for the reply Dean. I will try this first chance I get. Unfortunately that won't be for 2 weeks as I'm headed out of town today. I also saw the multitest tool you added. Ill be sure to use that too. Thanks again and ill report back in a few weeks.
First thing I did was run multi-tool, and its says everything is fine:
* Checking AviSynth presence...
* [OK] AVISYNTH (encoded 7782 bytes)

* Checking AVC/H.264 decoding...
* [OK] AVC/H.264 (encoded 56408 bytes)

* Checking MPEG-2 decoding...
* [OK] MPEG-2 (encoded 2761 bytes)

* Checking VC-1 decoding...
* [OK] VC-1 (encoded 2998 bytes)

* All tests completed!

Interesting since MAVCHD has had problems per my message last week. I think I'll first unintall and try the order you recommended, then I download the latest MAVCHD and see where I end up.
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 19:54   #5818  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:

2) Install ffdshow

With out text here, mine looks same...what's the significance of this setting?
Old 10th June 2010, 20:16   #5819  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Some installations have [x] Use ffdshow only in: option enabled. It causes 'hidden 30 seconds prompts' each time multiAVCHD (or one of its components) needs ffdshow for something.
Old 10th June 2010, 23:20   #5820  |  Link
insaneoctane

Dean, as of 3:20pm PST (-8 GMT), 6/10/2010, I think your site is down (http://multiavchd.deanbg.com)

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author