Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 24th October 2011, 12:36   #1  |  Link
Westify

MPC:HC Jittery playback

Recently received a new monitor and reinstalled MPC:HC 1.5.3.3514 off what i believe to be the latest CCCP but unfortunately i can't help but feel like the playback isn't very smooth

I can't quite explain it, its not freezing or extremely laggy but its just not smooth enough, i have Vsync enabled but it just doesn't look quite right even with varying qualities of files.

I have the output on EVR Custom Pres ( 6 buffers) and havn't really messed around with too many other settings, would a different output type such as Halli renderer give me better results?

If it helps I'm running Win7 64bit ultimate no service pack aero disabled, AMD x2 4800 and a Geforce GTS250 1gb (doubt its using any sort of hardware acceleration ATM)

I'm really not very experienced when it comes to media playback so any help would be appreciated
Westify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 14:47   #2  |  Link
madhatter300871

Hi

Well have you tried using a different renderer ? Did it help ?

I don't use codec packs, I usually steer very clear off them. Here is my suggestion.

1. Uninstall CCCP codec pack and MPC-HC, lets start again.
2. Download the portable version of MPC-HC (you can download the installer version, but I never really saw the point).
3. Enable all MPC-HC internal decoders and filters.
4. Set output type to overlay.

Whats the playback like now ?

From here you can start changing output types and disabling internal filters until you find what works (or doesn't). You can then think about installing 3rd party splitters and decoders as you prefer.

I personally use MPC-HC (all internal decoders disabled), haali media splitter, ffdshow video/audio decoder, MadVR video renderer. Many prefer LAVC decoders, I just havnt made the move yet.
madhatter300871 is offline   Reply With Quote