Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 7th August 2008, 03:55   #321  |  Link
pjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Beeing a lazy guy i opened a MKB_RW.inf i found on one of my Blu-Rays with my never released MKBView and it decoded it just fine, so yes, both MKBs have the same structure. And that MKB had also the same version than the MKB_RO.inf MKB on that disc. I also took a quick look at the specs and they don't define an extra MKB for the Recordable Book, there is only one common MKB type.

Your second question is a bit tricky but one thing i can say for sure: if an aacs authentication process is started (e.g. by aacskeys or a software player) the drive will be updated. However, the spec doesn't forbid to update the drive earlier, so i don't know if just putting the disc into the drive will already update it. This may be even different accross different drives.

pjo, i must thank you that you mentioned backupBDAV. This tool sounded unknown to me (good that i haven't checked my HDD, i already had an older version of it) so i googled for it and couldn't believe what i've found. On some sort of japanese website i found something that looked like MKBv4 and MKBv7 Processing Keys. So i gave aacskeys a try with 2 MKBv4 HD-DVDs and it decrypted them and said the VUK is valid?!?!? Next i ran DumpHD on my only MKBv7 Blu-Ray John Rambo and WinDVD played the rip fine!! I can't believe that, the keys are there for almost 5 days now, they are real and this hasn't made big news yet? Anyone knows something about that, theres no info on that site from whom these keys are.

Thnaks for your reply.

I mounted MKBv7 BD-RE onto a Panasonic Blueray harddisk recorder which was MKBv1 for sure. now the recorder is V7 !

But I can run BackupBdav 042 which is available on this site.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...highlight=BDAV
with v7 processing key.

It looks like v7 has been on the internet for a few weeks already. I found it in one of a blog(in Japanese language), but it was just a hint, not direct v7.

I could not find v4. Pls send personal message on this if it is ok for you.
pjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 18:17   #322  |  Link
SvT
Never Grow Up !

KenD00 and pjo

Thanks for all the hints !

I have the movie Daylight on HD-DVD and it plays fine (SAP and PC) when I load AnyDVD-HD. It wasn't untill today that I noticed it was MKBv4.

"label DAYLIGHT
AACS!
HD type: 0
MKB version 4"

So I tried aacskeys h:

Could not find a Processing Key or Device Key resulting in the Media Key.
Possible key tried: 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0
Possible key tried: 455FE10422CA29C4933F95052B792AB2

Now I replace my file with the new "ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt" I found thanks to you !

Volume Unique Key: D02FFAE3253D6D41861F3D11643DBE30
TKF Hash (DiscID): 9880EC369B4C8C26C9B7188204D3E5246B8EDCE4

Seems to work great ! So indeed this is BIG news !!! This means all free tools start to work again. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we are looking at the same source because all you find is files and no further info.

Greets
SvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 20:46   #323  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Awesome! Why don't you post the keys here? Has anyone started working on the virtual machine used in BD+?
Old 7th August 2008, 23:37   #324  |  Link
pjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvT View Post
KenD00 and pjo

Thanks for all the hints !

I have the movie Daylight on HD-DVD and it plays fine (SAP and PC) when I load AnyDVD-HD. It wasn't untill today that I noticed it was MKBv4.

"label DAYLIGHT
AACS!
HD type: 0
MKB version 4"

So I tried aacskeys h:

Could not find a Processing Key or Device Key resulting in the Media Key.
Possible key tried: 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0
Possible key tried: 455FE10422CA29C4933F95052B792AB2

Now I replace my file with the new "ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt" I found thanks to you !

Volume Unique Key: D02FFAE3253D6D41861F3D11643DBE30
TKF Hash (DiscID): 9880EC369B4C8C26C9B7188204D3E5246B8EDCE4

Seems to work great ! So indeed this is BIG news !!! This means all free tools start to work again. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we are looking at the same source because all you find is files and no further info.

Greets
SvT, Congratulations ! You found it.

pjo
Old 7th August 2008, 23:41   #325  |  Link
pjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopho2ei View Post
Awesome! Why don't you post the keys here? Has anyone started working on the virtual machine used in BD+?
I heard that several people were copying BD+ ok. But I cannot test it because I do not have BD+ disk.
pjo

Last edited by pjo; 8th August 2008 at 00:17.
Old 8th August 2008, 06:30   #326  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjo View Post
I heard that several people were copying BD+ ok. But I cannot test it because I do not have BD+ disk.
pjo
Nice. Where can i find the source code of those programs?
Old 8th August 2008, 09:41   #327  |  Link
pjo

Quote:
Nice. Where can i find the source code of those programs?
I do not think the source for this is available.
It looks like it is SlySoft AnyDVD.
Old 8th August 2008, 14:24   #328  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Could we please get some experimental device key support for aacskeys? A seperate plaintext file with a simple format like "KEYDB.cfg" would be sufficient. Also maybe you could include some features of MKBView in verbose mode.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:57   #329  |  Link
KenD00

Aacskeys should already be able to process Device Keys, just put them in the ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt file. And maybe check the source code to see if that crypto stuff makes sense, i currently don't understand it .

I wanted at least show the MKB version of the disc, but currently i can't code anything, my main computer broke 2 days ago, seems to be the mainboard. If thats the case, i need to change my whole water cooling for the new one, that will take some time (hopefully not as much as last time ).

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 18:35   #330  |  Link
gioowe

aacskeys already handles devices keys. It always did.
gioowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 20:55   #331  |  Link
Oopho2ei

How does aacskeys determine the position of the device key in the tree? According to the spec (3.2.3) there is a path number associated with each device key which determines the path from the root to the position of the node. Without the position i wouldn't know which device key to choose and how to proceed from that node to the processing key. You see my point: that path number isn't stored in the ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt file. I was aware of the fact that the source code already allows the use of device keys but there is just no way to store them other than hacking them into the source code. All keys should generally be stored in a separate file.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 8th August 2008 at 21:09.
Old 8th August 2008, 22:37   #332  |  Link
gioowe

It doesn't - it tries all positions (encrypted c-values).
Old 8th August 2008, 23:33   #333  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
Originally Posted by gioowe View Post
It doesn't - it tries all positions (encrypted c-values).
You can try all the c-values if you have a list of processing keys which isn't the case here. One has to select the correct device key of a node which is the root of the subtree which contains the node i need the processing key of. A device key is not a processing key.. maybe that is what you are thinking. Using the device key and the specified hash function (AES-G3) you can calculate the left and right subsidiary device key to go further down in the tree and the processing key for the current node. You never directly use a device key to decrypt a c-value.
Old 9th August 2008, 11:33   #334  |  Link
gioowe

Quote:
You can try all the c-values if you have a list of processing keys which isn't the case here. One has to select the correct device key of a node which is the root of the subtree which contains the node i need the processing key of. A device key is not a processing key.. maybe that is what you are thinking. Using the device key and the specified hash function (AES-G3) you can calculate the left and right subsidiary device key to go further down in the tree and the processing key for the current node. You never directly use a device key to decrypt a c-value.
You simply use all keys you have, not knowing if it is a device or processing key. First you take the first encrypted c-value and assume your key is a processing key. Check it by decrypting the corresponding verification data. If it's different you go to the corresponding subtree lowest node, go one level up assume your key is now a device key, calc down the tree and verify again. If it still isn't you continue that by going and enumerating all levels up until you are at the top of the subtree. Then you continue with all other c-values and corresponding verification data. And after that you can't use your key and take another one. And do that same procedure again. That's the way aacskey is doing it.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:23   #335  |  Link
Oopho2ei

There seems to be a bug in the linux/amd64 version of aacskeys-0.3. I have added the new keys to the ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt and run from that directory the following commands:
Code:
./bin/linux32/aacskeys -v /media/cdrom
This is working and gives the correct result.
Code:
./bin/linux64/aacskeys -v /media/cdrom
This doesn't work and it is just looping giving no ouput but the "Current path:" line. There is only one ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt in the directory i am calling these commands from. I have been using the linux/amd64 version with a mkb v1 generation disk without any problems but it fails when i try to get the keys from a mkb v4 generation disc.

mkb: http://uploaded.to/?id=yurqxj

gioowe: ok, i will try it. But it would be strange that the specification demands storing redundant data. Maybe that "brute force" search implemented in aacskeys as you described it cannot be realized easily in licensed players.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 9th August 2008 at 12:40.
Old 9th August 2008, 14:04   #336  |  Link
gioowe

Licensed players know their device keys position and corresponding subtrees (UV mask). We do not. All publicly available keys are processing keys. Only one device key is known (53BD...) to date and that one lead to PK of MKBv1 (09F9...)

53BD... was actually a subdevice key, the true device key is 86D2...
Old 9th August 2008, 16:01   #337  |  Link
KenD00

@Oopho2ei
This endless loop in the x64 version happens when aacskeys cannot find a processing key. But since the x32 version works with the same ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt the code is more broken than i thought. I will look into this as soon as i have a working machine again.

That "brute force" approach will take longer the more revocations happen, maybe because of that the devices know their uv.

Old 13th August 2008, 04:05   #338  |  Link
pjo

Thanks for aacskeys v0.26(BDAV v0.50) new version works for dummy drive !

Using two MKBv7 and P-MKB v7 drives, no need to
run PowerDVD or no need to run USB Inspector.

I am wondering how dummy drive works. Please explain how it works if you would.

pjo
Old 13th August 2008, 16:08   #339  |  Link
KenD00

That version you are talking about is not from me, i even haven't seen that one so i can't help you. Just beeing curious, whats that dummy drive thing doing?

Old 14th August 2008, 01:28   #340  |  Link
pjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
That version you are talking about is not from me, i even haven't seen that one so i can't help you. Just beeing curious, whats that dummy drive thing doing?

That aacskeys is included in BackupBDAV 050 found in this forum.

I do not know the detail on how dummy drive works but I assume that by using an extra dummy drive (physical BD-R drive) some kind of key is found so that there is no need to run PowerDVD for hammering.

pjo

edit
You can put any disk in the dummy drive. Even blank disk is fine.
This suggests that some kind of key in the dummy drive hardware is read and used in this version of aacskeys.

Last edited by pjo; 14th August 2008 at 14:38.