Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th August 2008, 03:55   #9  |  Link
pjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Beeing a lazy guy i opened a MKB_RW.inf i found on one of my Blu-Rays with my never released MKBView and it decoded it just fine, so yes, both MKBs have the same structure. And that MKB had also the same version than the MKB_RO.inf MKB on that disc. I also took a quick look at the specs and they don't define an extra MKB for the Recordable Book, there is only one common MKB type.

Your second question is a bit tricky but one thing i can say for sure: if an aacs authentication process is started (e.g. by aacskeys or a software player) the drive will be updated. However, the spec doesn't forbid to update the drive earlier, so i don't know if just putting the disc into the drive will already update it. This may be even different accross different drives.

pjo, i must thank you that you mentioned backupBDAV. This tool sounded unknown to me (good that i haven't checked my HDD, i already had an older version of it) so i googled for it and couldn't believe what i've found. On some sort of japanese website i found something that looked like MKBv4 and MKBv7 Processing Keys. So i gave aacskeys a try with 2 MKBv4 HD-DVDs and it decrypted them and said the VUK is valid?!?!? Next i ran DumpHD on my only MKBv7 Blu-Ray John Rambo and WinDVD played the rip fine!! I can't believe that, the keys are there for almost 5 days now, they are real and this hasn't made big news yet? Anyone knows something about that, theres no info on that site from whom these keys are.

Thnaks for your reply.

I mounted MKBv7 BD-RE onto a Panasonic Blueray harddisk recorder which was MKBv1 for sure. now the recorder is V7 !

But I can run BackupBdav 042 which is available on this site.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...highlight=BDAV
with v7 processing key.

It looks like v7 has been on the internet for a few weeks already. I found it in one of a blog(in Japanese language), but it was just a hint, not direct v7.

I could not find v4. Pls send personal message on this if it is ok for you.
pjo is offline   Reply With Quote