Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd January 2011, 23:06   #11081  |  Link
viking73

hi i got some troubles in encoding a movie... letahl weapon 3 i got troubles when i updated from 03604 to 03703 ... i was converting to bd 25 all the 4 movies of colelction of letahl weapon and when i started the 3rd film i got grey screen for the first 2 sec of movie in all files including extras... and during movie i noticed that also during the movie the screen goes grey for a while and then come back... i think its a troubles for itbc setting that i never used with previous version and now is selected by default ... if i deselct it i got black screen ine ncoding.... the source is vc1 at 29.970 frames.... really strange becuase im sure i converted alot of vc1 and never got this trouble... during conversion i gor the message itvc inverting telecining in effect.... as i repeat its not changed anything... i write also an email some days ago for this problem and got as response to try reinsatll all programs liek ffdshow and matrioska... i done this and still got troubles... i also reinstaleld win 7 64 bit to have system clean becuase i tought of a virus and the first program i reinstaleld was the ffd show and so on and started converting... and got same result...
i dont know why you ahve choosed byd efault the ivtc option...inver pull down is no necessary for blue ray movie but only for dvd.... blue ray goes to 30 frame so an invert telecining is useless...to eb sure is a problem of ivtc ic an confirm that i converted another movie piccolo diavolo of roberto benigni and is vc1 at 23,970 or something similar so pal version and i got no ivtc during conversion (i left selected the option) and got a pefect conversion to bd25... the troubles is that damnde invert telecining that hot video error conversion... why the previous version doesnt have it selected? and im sure the old version 034 or 035 doesnt have at all ivtc in setting....
i'm sue the problem is ivtc before my system is now cleaned and reinstalled and got same result... how can i fix this to have the conversion at same framerate with no black screen????if i deselct i got black screen and only audio...
inspect told me that all drivers are set correct before uninstalling i got avisynth updated to 261 i dont know why but now i reinstaleld correctly my win7 64bit and got same result only with this ivtc option....im sure i converted alot of vc1 movie before and alot of them was 29,970 frame... because all bd disc are at that frame rate...
there msut be something wrong with the new verision of bd rebuilder... the previous 2 movie lethal weapon 1 and 2 were converted using 03604 version and no ivtc option selected... so im sure now it depends from 03703... it's impossible that 2 movie of a box works fine and third movie got error in video encoding... the only thing changed is bd rebuilder... maybe can you check with lethal weapon 3 if you have????
thanks hope you can help me....
viking73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 02:31   #11082  |  Link
IVaN_000

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking73 View Post
hi i got some troubles in encoding a movie... letahl weapon 3 i got troubles when i updated from 03604 to 03703 ... i was converting to bd 25 all the 4 movies of colelction of letahl weapon and when i started the 3rd film i got grey screen for the first 2 sec of movie in all files including extras... and during movie i noticed that also during the movie the screen goes grey for a while and then come back... i think its a troubles for itbc setting that i never used with previous version and now is selected by default ... if i deselct it i got black screen ine ncoding.... the source is vc1 at 29.970 frames.... really strange becuase im sure i converted alot of vc1 and never got this trouble... during conversion i gor the message itvc inverting telecining in effect.... as i repeat its not changed anything... i write also an email some days ago for this problem and got as response to try reinsatll all programs liek ffdshow and matrioska... i done this and still got troubles... i also reinstaleld win 7 64 bit to have system clean becuase i tought of a virus and the first program i reinstaleld was the ffd show and so on and started converting... and got same result...
i dont know why you ahve choosed byd efault the ivtc option...inver pull down is no necessary for blue ray movie but only for dvd.... blue ray goes to 30 frame so an invert telecining is useless...to eb sure is a problem of ivtc ic an confirm that i converted another movie piccolo diavolo of roberto benigni and is vc1 at 23,970 or something similar so pal version and i got no ivtc during conversion (i left selected the option) and got a pefect conversion to bd25... the troubles is that damnde invert telecining that hot video error conversion... why the previous version doesnt have it selected? and im sure the old version 034 or 035 doesnt have at all ivtc in setting....
i'm sue the problem is ivtc before my system is now cleaned and reinstalled and got same result... how can i fix this to have the conversion at same framerate with no black screen????if i deselct i got black screen and only audio...
inspect told me that all drivers are set correct before uninstalling i got avisynth updated to 261 i dont know why but now i reinstaleld correctly my win7 64bit and got same result only with this ivtc option....im sure i converted alot of vc1 movie before and alot of them was 29,970 frame... because all bd disc are at that frame rate...
there msut be something wrong with the new verision of bd rebuilder... the previous 2 movie lethal weapon 1 and 2 were converted using 03604 version and no ivtc option selected... so im sure now it depends from 03703... it's impossible that 2 movie of a box works fine and third movie got error in video encoding... the only thing changed is bd rebuilder... maybe can you check with lethal weapon 3 if you have????
My eyes!
IVaN_000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 02:51   #11083  |  Link
JJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVaN_000 View Post
My eyes!
Agreed, I can't read all of that unless it is in paragraphs of readable text.
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 02:53   #11084  |  Link
omegaman7

I can read it, but understanding the technical difficulty is another story...
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 03:32   #11085  |  Link
viking73

its simple... the only thing sure is that with previous version of bd rebuilder i never got error in encoding... now since 03703 was out with invert telecining option set by default i got troubles in encoding letahl weapon... maybe i think bdrb wants to pull down frame to pal standard and its useless because bd normally have 29,97 frames.... i never changed anything in my system and now since this beta is out i got error! tomorrow i will try to encode another bd this time an avc video instead of a vc1! roberto ebnigni's movie piccolo diavolo was converted right with no issue but it was 24 frames vc1. the troubles i think comes from pull down.... previous version doesnt have ivyc option and i never got any error in over 50 movie converted to bd25 size... i hope that they will solve this issue and make another beta without ivtc option useless.... if i disable i got black screen in encoded video! so i forced to keep it but got issue in encoding...
hope someone can explain me why this happens... i repeat im on win 7 64 bit and i use an imac 2,80 ghz dual core with ati radeon xt2600 graphic card....
thx....
Old 23rd January 2011, 03:44   #11086  |  Link
A.Fenderson

I had x264.exe crash during a rebuild, so I had BD-RB "Abort," then closed it, then rebooted since the pc had been on for days, and when I tried to resume, BD-RB asks if I want to delete the non-empty working folder, I click "no", and it comes to a dead stop, "aborted by user." I thought it was generally able to pick up where it left off, at least it always had in the past. Is this normal?
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 03:56   #11087  |  Link
omegaman7

Rather than take a chance resuming, I just tell it to delete files, and start over. Why take a chance and have it muck things up. Though I do trust Dvd rebuilder to resume. One day, I will trust BD rebuilder, but not yet. At least in this respect

One day I will understand, but currently, I do not understand the following terms:
Telecining
Pulldown
IVTC
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 04:04   #11088  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
It's not IVTC. IVTC has no effect on VC-1 and isn't even executed. In other words -- you're completely wrong in pretty much every assumption you've made in this post.

You have a CODEC issue and aren't following the installation instructions. You tell me you reinstalled and then in the same post tell me you installed the wrong version(s). C'mon. YOU HAVE TO INSTALL CORRECTLY. Reinstall HAALI, FFDSHOW, and AVISYNTH from the first post of this thread following exactly what is says.

You may also want to consider breaking up your posts into paragraphs. This is really, really hard to follow.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd January 2011 at 04:12.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 04:09   #11089  |  Link
raul124

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
Agreed, I can't read all of that unless it is in paragraphs of readable text.
I understand it, if I only turn the lights on!!
raul124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 15:27   #11090  |  Link
worknstiff

@ A.Fenderson Quote: I thought it was generally able to pick up where it left off, at least it always had in the past. Is this normal?

When ever I have had a crash or a power failure and have to restart BD_Rebuilder, I make sure that the encoding parameters (ie: playlist, audio & subs) are "EXACTLY" the same as when BD_RD was running before. When I click resume it will go to the last completed stage and then continue. If doing movie only with just one mpls in the playlist it will go back and restart at PASS 2 even if it was almost finished with PASS 2. Are you saying that when you resume BD_RB it will restart at "EXACTLY" where it crashed? I wish mine would do that! I recently had a power failure and was 8 hrs into a rebuild and had to restart pass 2 for another 8 hrs. But it at least didn't make me redo pass 1, so the "RESUME" does work and save some time, thanks to this feature.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 15:31   #11091  |  Link
Sharc

DVD Alternate Output log

@jdobbs
Not that it really matters but when backing up in Alternate Output Mode to mpeg-2 DVD the log reports
- Convert: 1280x720, 23.976fps, 12'542 frames
The source is 1920 x 1080 23.976fps and the DVD target is 720 x 576, 25fps (for PAL) so the log is a bit irritating.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:03   #11092  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
@jdobbs
Not that it really matters but when backing up in Alternate Output Mode to mpeg-2 DVD the log reports
- Convert: 1280x720, 23.976fps, 12'542 frames
The source is 1920 x 1080 23.976fps and the DVD target is 720 x 576, 25fps (for PAL) so the log is a bit irritating.
I'll fix that.
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:06   #11093  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ A.Fenderson Quote: I thought it was generally able to pick up where it left off, at least it always had in the past. Is this normal?

When ever I have had a crash or a power failure and have to restart BD_Rebuilder, I make sure that the encoding parameters (ie: playlist, audio & subs) are "EXACTLY" the same as when BD_RD was running before. When I click resume it will go to the last completed stage and then continue. If doing movie only with just one mpls in the playlist it will go back and restart at PASS 2 even if it was almost finished with PASS 2. Are you saying that when you resume BD_RB it will restart at "EXACTLY" where it crashed? I wish mine would do that! I recently had a power failure and was 8 hrs into a rebuild and had to restart pass 2 for another 8 hrs. But it at least didn't make me redo pass 1, so the "RESUME" does work and save some time, thanks to this feature.
It can't start at "exactly" where it left off. When you have a crash, it has to start over at the last event start point. If you are in the middle of pass 2 -- it has is at the beginning of pass 2.
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:08   #11094  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Fenderson View Post
I had x264.exe crash during a rebuild, so I had BD-RB "Abort," then closed it, then rebooted since the pc had been on for days, and when I tried to resume, BD-RB asks if I want to delete the non-empty working folder, I click "no", and it comes to a dead stop, "aborted by user." I thought it was generally able to pick up where it left off, at least it always had in the past. Is this normal?
If it asks you that question, it means the settings aren't the same as when you started the encode and it whould have to start over for the new settings to have effect. If you say "No", you are saying you don't want it to continue in that process. If you desire, you can then change your settings to match those used for the original encode, and it will pick up where it left off. The whole purpose of asking that question is to ensure you don't "accidentally" delete your working folder and restart when that wasn't your intention.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd January 2011 at 16:10.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 20:08   #11095  |  Link
Yordan5

All I have is praise for this software. I have done about 10 movies - mainly BD-5 and a few BD-9. Yesterday I did Transformers II to BD-25. I kept the original HD Audio track (no downmixing to AC3). The main movie without the extras is 39.7Gb. The process took 7.5 hours and the end result was undistinguishible from the original. All my other back ups have been perfect too - playable on the PC and a PS2. jdobbs - thank you for your efforts and dedication. A donation will be forthcoming.
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 20:52   #11096  |  Link
sonate

Sony BDP-300 exhibits a slow motion effect

First of all, J Dobbs, much appreciation for your efforts, I can't tell you how well DVD RB has worked out for me.

At any rate, with BD RB, I only compress to what will fit on a 25 Gb BD, never to a DVD. I have tried the automatic as well as high quality encoder settings when I try to make a complete disk backup, removing only extraneous audio and subtitle tracks. In every case when the resulting BD rom is played on the standalone Sony player, motion is not smooth though the audio seems to be in perfect synch and the image is crystal clear. Could there be a problem with some of the settings I'm using? Much appreciation for any help you can give me...Greg

[Options]
VERSION=0.37.0.3
MODE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=0
TARGET_SIZE=23500
AUTO_BURN=2
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=1
SD_TO_1080=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
USE_LAVF=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23500
VERBOSE_STATUS=0
sonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:45   #11097  |  Link
k-c-ksum

Quote:
hi i got some troubles in encoding a movie... letahl weapon 3 i got troubles when i updated from 03604 to 03703...

ive seen another instance when ripping the lethal weapon set with and old version of dvdfab causes corruption at the start of the video. If this is the case then update to the latest version of Fab and rerip.
Old 24th January 2011, 00:26   #11098  |  Link
viking73

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's not IVTC. IVTC has no effect on VC-1 and isn't even executed. In other words -- you're completely wrong in pretty much every assumption you've made in this post.

You have a CODEC issue and aren't following the installation instructions. You tell me you reinstalled and then in the same post tell me you installed the wrong version(s). C'mon. YOU HAVE TO INSTALL CORRECTLY. Reinstall HAALI, FFDSHOW, and AVISYNTH from the first post of this thread following exactly what is says.

You may also want to consider breaking up your posts into paragraphs. This is really, really hard to follow.
sorry i dont explained it well... i reinstalled win7 abd then i installed the right version of your codec in the first post... inspect.exe result in ok to all codec and set correctly... but when i encode lethal weapon 3 which is vc1 29,97 frames i got this issue... so now i must assume that the people who backup this movie made a mistake because a friedn of mine told me that standard for blue ray is 24 frames as the origianl source!
how can i solve this issue? i dont have a codec issue... they are all set correct and installed in the right way...
when i start encoding the movie i got "invert telecining in effect" in the log box on every extra and main movie

here is what i get from insepct.exe....

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.3, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
Old 24th January 2011, 01:45   #11099  |  Link
jdobbs

@sonate

Are you in an NTSC or a PAL country?
Old 24th January 2011, 01:49   #11100  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
sorry i dont explained it well... i reinstalled win7 abd then i installed the right version of your codec in the first post... inspect.exe result in ok to all codec and set correctly... but when i encode lethal weapon 3 which is vc1 29,97 frames i got this issue... so now i must assume that the people who backup this movie made a mistake because a friedn of mine told me that standard for blue ray is 24 frames as the origianl source!
how can i solve this issue? i dont have a codec issue... they are all set correct and installed in the right way...
when i start encoding the movie i got "invert telecining in effect" in the log box on every extra and main movie

here is what i get from insepct.exe....

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.3, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
Hmmm... a VC-1 source that is 29.97fps? That's really odd. I'll see if I can find that disc. I've never seen that before (except in extras) and therefore have never actualy tested it -- so you may indeed have an issue.