Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th July 2006, 19:15   #1  |  Link
Dew

Problems burning dual layer on BenQ 162I ext burner

I have been using my BenQ ext 162I burner for 4.75 regular dvd backups since last november and have been very pleased.
I use their tested and suggested media, Maxell, Sony, TDK, Imation R+ and I also use their "DVD exe." ROM command so that all of my dvd's are burned in ROM and play in all 10 of our different brands and of dvd standalone players.

I have done in excess of 100 backups and I even use a Hauppauge win tv pvr usb 2 to capture, author vhs and create a dvd with great success.

I have just recently attempted to do a dual layer backup with Nero Express 6 (6.3.1.23B) and used the Sony R+ and the process got stuck at 3% and sat for 45 minutes.
I unplugged the burner and waited a few seconds and then replugged it in and removed the disc.
I phoned BenQ's support in Irvine CA, I am in Canada and they had me check my firmware which is up to date and as well confirmed that the unit can burn dual layer with the above Nero program.
They advised not to buy the Nero 7 as their burner does not support it.
They suggested another media, so I went out and bought Maxell Dual layer R+ and it did the same thing got stuck at 3% and no more progress.
I wondered if any users here at this site have had any issues with dual layer burning with BenQ ext burner 162I?
I also wondered if the 6.6 Nero my have some patches in it for dual layer burning although the BenQ tech support indicates that the version of Nero that they send out with their current EXT 162I burners that can burn dual layer is the version that I have.
The whole matter is confusing and they don't offer any real solution.
I am hopeful to get some feedback from users here.
Best Regards.
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote