Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 11th March 2003, 09:42   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Ice Age [Region 1] Special Edition (2-Disks) Cheat Sheet

Ice Age – Disk 1 [Region 1] Widescreen or Fullscreen Cheat Sheet
Courtesy of 2CL

Tool I used:
IFOedit 0.95
SmartRipper/DVD Decrypter (Use either in File Mode)

Title 1: VTS_07 contains your widescreen movie
Title 2: VTS_08 contains your fullscreen movie
  • WIDESCREEN: Rip all files except VTS_08_*.* files.
    FULLSCREEN: Rip all files except VTS_07_1.VOB to VTS_07_4.VOB
6. In VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMG Overview / Language Menu Unit 1, do a Delete Playback on the following menus. Select and press your Delete Playback button. If successful, your number of Programs and Cells should be zero and (uses VOB-IDs: #) should disappear.
  • Menu 10: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 5) FBI Warning
    Menu 11: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 6) FBI Warning
    Menu 12: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 7) FBI Warning
    Menu 13: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 8) FBI Warning
    Menu 14: [entry only] (Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 9) FBI Warning & Movie Comments

Translation: Menu Intros are bypassed.

8. In VTS_07_0.IFO / VMG Overview / Menu Language Unit 1, delete playback on the following.
  • Menu 6: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 4)

Translation: Disables Aspect Ratio Selection Menu before the main menu.

Details: Usually, I monitor the GPregs to see which GPreg holds the value for your widescreen and fullscreen version. GPreg<9> was our culprit. A value of 100 would give your widescreen and a value of 200 would give you fullscreen. In this DVD, we didn’t need to set/force GPreg<9> to 100 as it was 100 to begin with.
9. In VTS_07_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_6 / PGC Command Table, click on pre command #1 and select “Add PreCommand” . You will now have a new pre-command #2 with a command “NOP”. Hexedit your pre-command #2 as follows by double left clicking and entering new hex value into Hex Edit Module window.

OLD > 2.Pre Command...NOP........................................................[00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]
NEW > 2.Pre Command...Set GPreg<9> mov (set-val)<100>(Link subset) LinkTailPGC...[71 01 00 09 00 64 00 0d]

OLD > 1.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 3...........[30 02 00 00 00 03 00 00 ]
NEW > 1.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1...........[30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 ]

Translation: Bypasses 20th Century Fox Logo (Title 3) and THX clip (Title 4) before the movie starts

FULLSCREEN

15. In VTS_07_0.IFO / VMG Overview / Menu Language Unit 1, delete playback on the following.
  • Menu 6: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 4)

Translation: Disables Aspect Ratio Selection Menu before the main menu.
16. In VTS_07_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_6 / PGC Command Table. Click of pre command #1 and select “Add PreCommand” . You will have a new pre-command #2 with a command “NOP”. Hexedit your pre-command #2 as follows by double left clicking and entering new hex value into Hex Edit Module window.

OLD > 2.Pre Command...NOP........................................................[00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]
NEW > 2.Pre Command...Set GPreg<9> mov (set-val)<200>(Link subset) LinkTailPGC...[71 01 00 09 00 c8 00 0d]

OLD > 2.Pre Command...Set GPreg<9> mov (set-val)<100>.....[71 00 00 09 00 64 00 00 ]
NEW > 2.Pre Command...Set GPreg<9> mov (set-val)<200>.....[71 00 00 09 00 c8 00 00 ]

Details: By monitor the GPregs to see which GPreg holds the value for your widescreen and fullscreen version, GPreg<9> was our culprit. A value of 100 gave you widescreen and a value of 200 gave you fullscreen.

OLD > 1.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 3...........[30 02 00 00 00 03 00 00 ]
NEW > 1.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 2...........[30 02 00 00 00 02 00 00 ]

Translation: Bypasses 20th Century Fox Logo (Title 3) and THX clip (Title 4) before the movie starts

OLD > 3.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1...........[30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 ]
NEW > 3.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 2...........[30 02 00 00 00 02 00 00 ]

OLD > 3.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1...........[30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 ]
NEW > 3.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 2...........[30 02 00 00 00 02 00 00 ]

Last edited by 2COOL; 17th March 2003 at 20:43.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2003, 09:43   #2  |  Link
2COOL

Extras Only - Disk 2 (Trailers excluded)

Ice Age – Disk 2 [Region 1]Extras Only Cheat Sheet
Courtesy of 2CL

All we are going to do in this guide is disable our Trailers button in your main menu, delete your Trailers’ files, and bypass unwanted menu intros.

Tool I used:
IFOedit 0.95
SmartRipper/DVD Decrypter (Use either in File Mode)
6. In VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMG Overview / Language Menu Unit 1, do a Delete Playback on the following menus. Select and press your Delete Playback button. If successful, your number of Programs and Cells should be zero and (uses VOB-IDs: #) should disappear.
  • Menu 10: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 4) FBI Warning
    Menu 11: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 5) FBI Warning
    Menu 12: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 6) FBI Warning
    Menu 13: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 7) FBI Warning
    Menu 14: [entry only] (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 8) Movie comment

Translation: Menu Intros are bypassed.

• OLD > Number of Pre Commands...0
    NEW > Number of Pre Commands...1

Translation: 20th Century Fox logo is bypassed.

Details: Post Command #1 is now Pre-command #1.

• OLD > Number of Pre Commands...0
    NEW > Number of Pre Commands...1

Refresh by click on PGC-Menu_18 and going back to PGC_19’s new pre command number #1
Back in VTS_PGC_19 / PGC Command Table, edit new pre-command #1 as follows. Right click and select “Edit Command”. Change “PGC Nr” to 1.

• OLD > 1.Pre Command...(LinkPGCN) Link PGC 18...[20 04 00 00 00 00 00 12 ]
    NEW > 1.Pre Command...(LinkPGCN) Link PGC 1....[20 04 00 00 00 00 00 01 ]

Translation: Trailers buttons on main menu is now disabled.

Translation: With Trailers button disabled, it is safe to delete your trailer files so that your DVD can now fit on a DVDR.

Last edited by 2COOL; 17th March 2003 at 20:50.
Old 9th April 2003, 16:15   #3  |  Link
mikewillnot

Additional on disc 1: This is an excellent cheat sheet. When burning with RecordNow Max, at least, in addition I had to copy back in (rip) the VTS_09_*.* files from the original disc, and add dummy files the equivalent of VTS_08_*.*, then GET VTS Sectors, and re-save all IFO's (saying "yes" to the "replace BUP's prompt as well) in order to burn without errors. This did not affect any of the changes in this cheat sheet, and the resulting total was still under 4.0 gb. I'm not sure why this is, but it worked.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2003, 23:06   #4  |  Link
2COOL

I'm glad it still worked for you.

Last edited by 2COOL; 9th April 2003 at 23:27.
Old 10th April 2003, 00:18   #5  |  Link
mikewillnot

I'm now working on disc 2, the extras, and it's not going so smoothly. The version I got, I thought was the same as yours, but the menu change steps don't work, as the number of PGC's in each VOB don't correspond to the ones you were working with. If I can figure it out, I'll post more.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2003, 04:00   #6  |  Link
Bootay

I have the same problem with Ice Age Disc 2.
Mine is Region 1 as well.
Bootay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2004, 23:17   #7  |  Link
19joey58

games dont work

i know i already PM you on this one 2cool but before you answer i thought i'd post to see if anybody else had the same issues.

all works excellent EXCEPT the games don't work, the first game goes to black screen and the sound stutters, and the other two games just jump to a fullscreen version of the menu. NOTE the original DVD behaves in a similar way when operated in the PC but will work properly in the DVD player, the ripped version doesn't work anywhere.

joey
19joey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2004, 05:16   #8  |  Link
2COOL

Re: games dont work

Quote:
Originally posted by 19joey58
i know i already PM you on this one 2cool but before you answer i thought i'd post to see if anybody else had the same issues.

all works excellent EXCEPT the games don't work, the first game goes to black screen and the sound stutters, and the other two games just jump to a fullscreen version of the menu. NOTE the original DVD behaves in a similar way when operated in the PC but will work properly in the DVD player, the ripped version doesn't work anywhere.

joey
Sorry for the delay.

Anyways, I went and checked out this Region 1 DVD again but decided to use this guide instead to get rid of my aspect ratio menu. This shouldn't affect my fullscreen games though in Special Features. VTS_09 contained all the menus needed for the games and of course, all the menus are done in 4:3 (fullscreen). With that said, I previewed my HD backup and found no discrepancies in what you mentioned above. I didn't burn it because I already have a working backup.
Old 22nd March 2004, 04:33   #9  |  Link
19joey58

still stuck on this one

i ripped the ENTIRE DVD using dvd decrypter and then DELETED VTS_08_01 to VTS_08_04. and "get vts sectors" without proceceding further with this guide i burned to DVD for a test...the games DON'T work right form here....so there is nothing i am doing wrong from this guide.

if i use the aspect ratio removal guide it links at the end of hte guide to two differnt way to remove the #8 vobs..is this what you mean by "use this guide"?, which method is correct i cant tell them apart

JOE
Old 22nd March 2004, 18:48   #10  |  Link
2COOL

@19joey58

I already gave you my reply in previous post but I'm beginning to think we have two different region 1 versions. I have the two disc set. What games on your disc 1 do you have?
Old 22nd March 2004, 21:25   #11  |  Link
19joey58

disk one

in the title menu you go to features and then you have a button to turn on/off commentary, a button for DVD ROM info, a button for THX sound setup and a button for games. when games button is selected a menu pops up with the weasel with an isicle stuck throught his neck with 3 games to choose from (i forget all the names but i think one is called "darwin". however there is a NOTE that says "games are in full screen"...which leads me to believe they reside in vobs #8 ... which has been deleted!. the original DVD plays fine but the burned dvd goes back to the previous menu and hangs with the sound stuttering. is there a way to save part of the vobs #8 and have these buttons point to it correctly?, or maybee the games reside in another vob and the ifo are corrupt?

PS you never commented on the errors i received with barbie as rapunzel..are they these errors to be ignored?, is the DVD burn OK?
Old 23rd March 2004, 03:56   #12  |  Link
2COOL

@

The games are accessed through the Special Features of disc, regardless of what aspect ratio is used. All the games "pages" are actually menus. These menus reside in VTS_09. Go to VTS_09_0.IFO / VTS Overview / Menu Language Unit. To preview the menus, double-click on a menu with a VOB-ID assigned.

Code:
Menu Language Units: 1		
  Language Menu Unit 1: [English]		

Language Menu Unit 1: [English]		
    Menu 1: [Root-Menu]          (entry PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
    Menu 2: [Angle Menu]         (entry PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
    Menu 3: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 1)		
    Menu 4: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 2)		
    Menu 5: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 3)		
    Menu 6: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 4)		
    Menu 7: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 5)		
    Menu 8: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 6)		
    Menu 9: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 7)		
    Menu 10: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 8)		
    Menu 11: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 9)		
    Menu 12: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 10)		
    Menu 13: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 11)		
    Menu 14: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 12)		
    Menu 15: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 13)		
    Menu 16: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 14)		
    Menu 17: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 15)		
    Menu 18: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 16)		
    Menu 19: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 17)		
    Menu 20: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 18)		
    Menu 21: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 19)		
    Menu 22: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 20)		
    Menu 23: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 21)		
    Menu 24: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 22)		
    Menu 25: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 23)		
    Menu 26: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 24)		
    Menu 27: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 25)		
    Menu 28: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 26)		
    Menu 29: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 27)		
    Menu 30: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 28)		
    Menu 31: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 29)		
    Menu 32: [entry only]                     (Programs: 16) (Cells: 16) (uses VOB-IDs: 30)		
    Menu 33: [entry only]                     (Programs: 16) (Cells: 16) (uses VOB-IDs: 31)		
    Menu 34: [entry only]                     (Programs: 16) (Cells: 16) (uses VOB-IDs: 32)		
    Menu 35: [entry only]                     (Programs: 16) (Cells: 16) (uses VOB-IDs: 33)		
    Menu 36: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 34)		
    Menu 37: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 35)		
    Menu 38: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 36)		
    Menu 39: [entry only]                     (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 37)
Quote:
however there is a NOTE that says "games are in full screen"...which leads me to believe they reside in vobs #8 ... which has been deleted!.
Don't be confused by the full screen note. Every IFO has attributes which pertain to the VOBs they are associated with. You have menu and movie attributes. Since our games is in our menus, the menu attributes in VTS_09 are shown as below, in 4:3 (fullscreen). Hence, the note stated.

Code:
VTS overview:		

Menu attributes:		
  Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)		
  Audio 1:      Not Specified        (Dolby AC-3) 2ch 48Kbps DRC      		
  SubPicture 1: Not Specified        (2-bit rle )		

Title Set (Movie) attributes:		
  Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)
In my guide, I didn't touch VTS_09 so your games should be working fine when played. I also tested my backup to see if there were any jumps to VTS_08's VOBs but there were no occurences. I don't know what's going on with your DVD if we are actually working on the same one. Again, I have already given my reply on what I had about the games in my second post up from this one.