Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th April 2003, 09:44   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Formula 51 (R1) Widescreen or Fullscreen Cheat Sheet

Formula 51[Region 1] WideScreen or FullScreen
Courtesy of 2CL

I finally figured out how to backup this movie with the aspect ratio I selected with no navigation errors. Initially, I had problems and I had to abort my post. It seems I had a lot of problems with Columbia Tristar DVDs with dual aspect ratios. After doing more than a few, I managed to get some kind of pattern but not a consistent one. So here it is again and it has been tested in IFOedit, PowerDVD, and on my standalone with success.

Tools I used
IFOedit 0.95
DVD Decrypter in File Mode and selecting certain files

Title Information
Title 1: VTS_01 contains your WideScreen movie
A value of 1 in GPreg<7> plays your WideScreen movie.

Title 2: VTS_07 contains your FullScreen movie
A value of 2 in GPreg<7> plays your FullScreen movie.

• WIDESCREEN: Rip all files except VTS_07_1.VOB to VTS_01_4.VOB
    FULLSCREEN: Rip all files except VTS_01_1.VOB to VTS_01_3.VOB

In VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMG Overview / Language Menu Unit 1, do a Delete Playback on the following menus. Select and press your Delete Playback button. If successful, your number of Programs and Cells should be zero and (uses VOB-IDs: #) should disappear.

Language Menu Unit 1: [English]
Menu 1: [entry only]...(Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 1) Columbia Tristar Logo
Menu 2: [entry only]...(Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 2) Rated R Movie Rating
Menu 3: [entry only]...(Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 3) FBI Warning
Menu 4: [entry only]...(Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 4) FBI Warning
Menu 5: [entry only]...(Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 5) Format Modified Note

• WIDESCREEN: Proceed to next step.
    FULLSCREEN: Go to step 16.

8. Bypassing the Aspect Ratio Menu When Play Button is Initially Pressed

Go to VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-MENU_4 / PGC Command Table. Hexedit Post Command #12 as below. To hexedit, double left click on line, click in HexEditor Module, change old hex value to new hex value, and press OK. To refresh after edit, click on another PGC-Menu and click back into your edited PGC-Menu to verify correct changes.

OLD > 12.Post Command...(LinkPGN) Link Program 4, [button=1].....................[20 06 00 00 00 00 04 04]
NEW > 12.Post Command...Set GPreg<7> mov (set-val)<1>(Link subset) LinkTailPGC...[71 01 00 07 00 01 00 0d]

Details: The new command you just used is actually the same command used for the for WideScreen button in your Aspect Ratio Menu. When command is executed, it jumps to the beginning of your Post Commands and go through it again. I found what button command was using VOBedit. The old command called for your Aspect Ratio Menu to appear and it resided in Program 4/Cell 4.

Go to VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMGM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_1 / PGC Command Table. Edit the following Pre Command #36 as below. Right click on line and select “Edit Command”. Change Title Nr. from 2 to 1.

OLD > 36.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 2...[30 02 00 00 00 02 00 00]
NEW > 36.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1...[30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00]

Translation: FullScreen option in Aspect Ratio Menu plays WideScreen version instead.

Details: When you initially select a chapter to jump to in scene selection menus, the chapter buttons navigate you to PGC-Menu_4’s Pre Commands. Within these commands, Pre Command #20 to to be exact,it will call for your Aspect Ratio menu (ARM) and when either WideScreen or FullScreen is selected, navigation will jump to the Post Commands Areas. I tried to get rid of the ARM, but had trouble trying to get any command I put in the Pre Command area to jump to the Post Commands. Found out that this is not possible. So I did the next best thing by making FullScreen play when either aspect ratio is selected. Remember, this is the only time you’ll see the aspect ratio pop up and most of the time, people don’t usually start the movie by selecting a chapter.

While you are still in VIDEO_TS.IFO, go to /PGC-Menu_3 / PGC Command Table. Hexedit Post Command #10 as below. To hexedit, double left click on line, click in HexEditor Module, change old hex value to new hex value, and press OK. To refresh after edit, click on another PGC-Menu and click back into your edited PGC-Menu to verify correct changes.

OLD > 10.Post Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 3...[30 02 00 00 00 03 00 00]
NEW > 10.Post Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1...[30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00]

13. Go to VTS_02_0.IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1 / PGC Command Table. Edit the “Number of Pre Commands” value as value plus “Number of Post Commands” value. Edit as follows by double left clicking on value and enter sum value.

PGC Command Table:

OLD > Number of Pre Commands.....1
OLD > Number of Post Commands....1

NEW > Number of Pre Commands.....2

By doing this, all your Post Commands will shift up become Pre Commands and your PGC Video (Trailers) will not play. Your Main Menu will now display upon DVD insert.

If you want to know more about this technique, check out this GUIDE.

FULLSCREEN

16. Bypassing the Aspect Ratio Menu When Play Button is Initially Pressed

Go to VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-MENU_4 / PGC Command Table. Hexedit Post Command #12 as below. To hexedit, double left click on line, click in HexEditor Module, change old hex value to new hex value, and press OK. To refresh after edit, click on another PGC-Menu and click back into your edited PGC-Menu to verify correct changes.

OLD > 12.Post Command...(LinkPGN) Link Program 4, [button=1].....................[20 06 00 00 00 00 04 04]
NEW > 12.Post Command...Set GPreg<7> mov (set-val)<2>(Link subset) LinkTailPGC...[71 01 00 07 00 02 00 0d]

Details: The new command you just used is actually the same command used for the for WideScreen button in your Aspect Ratio Menu. When command is executed, it jumps to the beginning of your Post Commands and go through it again. I found what button command was using VOBedit. The old command called for your Aspect Ratio Menu to appear and it resided in Program 4/Cell 4.
For the two next steps, the edits we need to do will help keep us in the fullscreen version if we initially selected a chapter in scene selection menus. Step 16 was for going back to the scene selection during first movie play and Step 17 was for everytime after time you selected another chapter again. If we didn’t do these edits, it would try to access your WideScreen version and it wouldn’t exist since we took it out. These edits are only if you wanted a FullScreen backup.

17. While you are still in PGC-Menu_4, also edit the following Post Commands #19 & 30 as below. Hexedit your Post Commands by double left clicking and entering new hex values into HexEdit Module.

OLD > 19.Post Command...If GPreg<9> == (cmp-val)<4096><' then Goto line# 21...[00 a1 00 09 10 00 00 15]
NEW > 19.Post Command...If GPreg<9> == (cmp-val)<4096><' then Goto line# 27...[00 a1 00 09 10 00 00 1b]

OLD > 30.Post Command...(JumpVTS_TT) Jump to Title: 1..........................[30 03 00 00 00 01 00 00]
NEW > 30.Post Command...Goto line# 31..........................................[00 01 00 00 00 00 00 1f]

18. Now go to VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-MENU_6 / PGC Command Table . Edit the following Post Command #12 as below. Hexedit your Post Commands by double left clicking and entering new hex values into HexEdit Module.

OLD > 12.Post Command...If GPreg<9> == (cmp-val)<1><' then Goto line# 14.......[00 a1 00 09 00 01 00 0e]
NEW > 12.Post Command...If GPreg<9> == (cmp-val)<1><' then Goto line# 15.......[00 a1 00 09 00 01 00 0f]

Go to VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMGM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_1 / PGC Command Table. Edit the following Pre Command #35 as below. Right click on line and select “Edit Command”. Change Title Nr. from 1 to 2.

OLD > 35.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1...[30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00]
NEW > 35.Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 2...[30 02 00 00 00 02 00 00]

Translation: WideScreen option in Aspect Ratio Menu plays FullScreen version instead.

Details: When you initially select a chapter to jump to in scene selection menus, the chapter buttons navigate you to PGC-Menu_4’s Pre Commands. Within these commands, Pre Command #20 to to be exact,it will call for your Aspect Ratio menu (ARM) and when either WideScreen or FullScreen is selected, navigation will jump to the Post Commands Areas. I tried to get rid of the ARM, but had trouble trying to get any command I put in the Pre Command area to jump to the Post Commands. Found out that this is not possible. So I did the next best thing by making WideScreen play when either aspect ratio is selected. Remember, this is the only time you’ll see the aspect ratio pop up and most of the time, people don’t usually start the movie by selecting a chapter.

While you are still in VIDEO_TS.IFO, go to /PGC-Menu_4 / PGC Command Table. Hexedit Post Command #10 as below. To hexedit, double left click on line, click in HexEditor Module, change old hex value to new hex value, and press OK. To refresh after edit, click on another PGC-Menu and click back into your edited PGC-Menu to verify correct changes.

OLD > 10.Post Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 3...[30 02 00 00 00 03 00 00]
NEW > 10.Post Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title: 2...[30 02 00 00 00 02 00 00]

Last edited by 2COOL; 12th April 2003 at 19:03.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote