Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 6th December 2011, 01:21   #21  |  Link
Asmodian

I just wanted to say I love the new v.8.

I espically like the improved editing of presets for Smart Play, it is much easier to modify and save new filter profiles.

@Paladin77
There is a setting for an alternative folder location to save them to.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 11:30   #22  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Paladin77:
Disable auto-saving of media chapter files under 'adv. options / playback'.
It's disabled by default, you may have enabled it somehow.

cyberbeing:
I don't think so, when smartplay is disabled, VSFilter auto-loads as it would in GraphEdit or GraphStudio.

obieobieobie:
I've had user reports with this issue in v7 as well.
I'm not sure what the trigger is. I basically disabled 99% of the code when going fullscreen and the delay still happens :-/, but not on all systems.
Might be related to a windows Font/DPI setting.

Asmodian:
Thanks, I already put an initial build out for v8.1 :

http://t.inmatrix.com/zplayer810build001.zip

Changes from v8 final:
Code:
  * Zoom Player now has integrated LIRC support. LIRC transmits and receives
    remote control signals.  This allows computer control using almost any
    remote control.

See:
    http://winlirc.sf.net for the Windows port by Jim Paris & Ian Curtis.
    http://www.lirc.org for the original project.

Using the LIRC section of the options dialog, you can directly assign
    remote control buttons to Zoom Player Standard, Extended and Navigation
    functions.

* New "/CONNECTTCP:[address or IP]:[port]" command line parameter.

By default, The TCP/IP interface works as a server by waiting for 3rd party
    applications to connect to Zoom Player.

With the "/CONNECTTCP" parameter, Zoom Player initiates the connection
    itself with a local or remote server right as it launches.  A server must be
    listening on the specified address and port for a connection from Zoom Player.

Example:
    "c:\program files\zplayer\zplayer.exe" /CONNECTTCP:127.0.0.1:4770

* When connecting to the TCP/IP control interface, Zoom Player automatically
    issues a "3000" notification message if an error dialog was visible prior
    to establishing the TCP/IP connection.

+ The Zoom Player Install Center now notifies to close any active media
    playback software.

- Running on Windows 7 with the windows shell set to an application other
    than "explorer.exe" would cause Zoom Player to crash.

- With "Aggressively Hide Mouse Cursor" (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse /
    Settings) enabled, the mouse cursor no longer re-appears when opening
    a fullscreen navigation interface.

- The "/SKINDVD" command line parameter used to set the DVD skin actually
    set the audio mode skin by accident.

- The Video icon was being shown for Blu-Ray movie index files instead of
    the Blu-Ray icon.
Next, the focus is to improve/fix stream selection.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:40   #23  |  Link
Paladin77

Wow thanks Blight. Sorry if I wasn't too tact in my language. Bad day Keep up the good work.

EDIT another question. I am using LAV filters to decode my videos. But some of my mkv files gets decoded with Microsoft DVD decoder instead of LAV. Smart play is enabled and set to to Auto configure. I tried disabling and setting filters But it didn't work.

EDIT 2 consulting this thread: http://forum.inmatrix.com/index.php?showtopic=13286 No definitive answer was found.

EDIT 3 Will uninstall everything reboot and start fresh. Wish me luck! Sorry for the skill lvl: Noob

EDIT 4: Still subtitles don't appear unless I activate them from Haali Icon. Retrying to install
GPU: 2X Crossfire AMD RADEON HD 6850.

Last edited by Paladin77; 6th December 2011 at 13:13.
Paladin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 13:17   #24  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
cyberbeing:
I don't think so, when smartplay is disabled, VSFilter auto-loads as it would in GraphEdit or GraphStudio.
Could you please test xy-VSFilter 20111203 with ZoomPlayer (SmartPlay disabled), madVR, a 10-bit h264 video, and a decoder supporting P010 on WinXP? For whatever reason, ZoomPlayer is causing xy-VSFilter to fallback to YV12 (Unexpected behavior resulting from commits #1 & #2). To make things worse if YV12 is disabled in the decoder, ZoomPlayer loads without any video.

When using MPC-HC or GraphEdit/GraphStudio there is no issue with P010 being correctly used with madVR. MPC-HC + 10-bit video + xy-VSFilter (auto-loading) correctly fallsback to an alternative colorspace when YV12 & P010 are disabled in the decoder (CoreAVC/LAV Video) as well.

The optimal solution would involve this being fixed within ZoomPlayer, so player-specific workarounds aren't needed. If for whatever reason that's not possible, the xy-VSFilter dev is currently in the process of looking into the problem, and has requested you email him (yuzhuohuang AT qq DOT com) with any details you can provide to assist him in resolving it.

To any ZoomPlayer users using xy-VSFilter w/ madVR: For the time being, this issue can be avoided by using SmartPlay

Last edited by cyberbeing; 6th December 2011 at 14:13.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 16:39   #25  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Paladin:
we're in the process of rewriting the entire stream selection code, we'll have that tested and working before v8.1 is shipped.

cyberbeing:
I've sent the author an introductory email.
I'm not sure what is causing vsfilter to drop to this colorspace, but if you can provide me with exact specifications of what you're doing, which filters you're using, screenshots, videos, etc... I can try to track down the issue and fix it.
Old 6th December 2011, 16:54   #26  |  Link
obieobieobie

Quote:

obieobieobie:
I've had user reports with this issue in v7 as well.
I'm not sure what the trigger is. I basically disabled 99% of the code when going fullscreen and the delay still happens :-/, but not on all systems.
Might be related to a windows Font/DPI setting.
Weird. Thanks for the info, though.
obieobieobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 18:14   #27  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
cyberbeing:
I've sent the author an introductory email.
I'm not sure what is causing vsfilter to drop to this colorspace, but if you can provide me with exact specifications of what you're doing, which filters you're using, screenshots, videos, etc... I can try to track down the issue and fix it.
WinXP SP3 x86
ZoomPlayer 8
madVR 0.79
LAV Video 0.42 | CoreAVC 3.0.1
Haali Media Splitter 1.11.288.0
xy-VSFilter 20111203

The problem can be reproduced by playing back any 10-bit h264 MKV with embeded .ass subtitles. According to the developer, the only reason this should happen is if another filter or video renderer temporarily connects to VSFilter output pin before ultimately madVR is swapped in.

SmartPlay Enabled /w MadVR

SmartPlay Disabled - xy-VSFilter Auto-loading /w MadVR

SmartPlay Disabled - xy-VSFilter Auto-loading with YV12 disabled in decoder (No Video) /w MadVR

GraphStudio xy-VSFilter Auto-loading /w MadVR

MPC-HC xy-VSFilter Auto-loading /w MadVR

It may be also useful to test the previous version xy-VSFilter 20111119 which doesn't contain the 10bit->8bit fallback code and as a result doesn't auto-load at all with ZoomPlayer when outputting P010 to madVR. This version never attempts to reconnect and uses the default VSFilter 2.39 autoloading behavior. In this instance, if xy-VSFilter takes P010 input, any connection attempt to output pin which doesn't support P010 before madVR connects will just fail and cause xy-VSFilter to unload. Could ZoomPlayer be connecting VSFilter to the Default Video Renderer or some other filter before swapping in madVR?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xy-VSFilter dev
The issue happens in the following steps:
1. The decoder connects xy-VSFilter's input pin using P010;
2. Some other filter (in kmp, a video filter other than madVR) that doesn't accept P010 looks for a connect with xy-VSFilter's output pin using YV12. In previous version 20111119, xy-VSFilter does not agree on any output mediatype other than P010, so it fails at this point. In that stable version, it agree with YV12, and when the connection completes, it reconnects the decoder using YV12.
3. xy-VSFilter's output pin connection breaks, madVR connects in. But this time, xy-VSFilter's input pin connected type has changed to YV12. And it doesn't try to do a reconnection when input is not P010/P016. P010/P016 output are not accepted by xy-VSFilter. So finally they agree on YV12.

I think they must have their reason for not trying using madVR from the beginning, but using another filter. The not-using-P010 bug is mostly due to xy-VSFilter: the first output connection behaves different from the second try. (While that not-autoloading bug in previous version is mostly due the players' behavior.)
A future xy-VSFilter build should workaround the issue, but this may be something you'd want to fix in ZoomPlayer anyway.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 8th December 2011 at 11:07.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:15   #28  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

cyberbeing:
I'm in direct discussions with xy,
The reason this behavior is happening is that when smart play is disabled, ZP lets directshow build the graph and only then it swaps out the video renderer.
This is perfectly 'legal'. I believe xy said he's got it working now.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:46   #29  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
cyberbeing:
I'm in direct discussions with xy,
The reason this behavior is happening is that when smart play is disabled, ZP lets directshow build the graph and only then it swaps out the video renderer.
This is perfectly 'legal'. I believe xy said he's got it working now.
Yeah, I just realized this after reading a unrelated post by Lord @ CCCP. It seems MPC-HC's way of graph-building is non-standard. It first inserts the renderer into the graph before allowing DirectShow to do any graph building itself.

After some changes xy was able to workaround the problem. In case you want to test the fixes yourself before releasing ZoomPlayer 8.1, I'll PM you a couple xy-VSFilter RC builds which I'll probably be posting to xy-VSFilter @ GoogleCode in the next few days if no new bugs are found.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 14th December 2011 at 20:23.

Tags
blu-ray, dvd, htpc, media player, zoom player