Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 13th January 2016, 18:02   #35281  |  Link
SamuriHL

Ok, so 0.92.2 gives me 3D. I have to look at the results later as it looks.....off to me. I don't know how to explain this other than the 3D looks like it's IN the TV rather than coming out of it. Is it possible the images got swapped?
Old 13th January 2016, 18:58   #35282  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Its not exactly well defined which 3D view is for the left and right eye. I have not seen any metadata in the MakeMKV files to indicate that, but maybe it only writes it when its non-standard?
Which disc did you rip, and can you try another? If another works, maybe upload the first ~50mb of the "wrong" MKV somewhere? (use a binary splitter like DGSplit or so)
Old 13th January 2016, 19:00   #35283  |  Link
SamuriHL

I'll try again with a different disc. I used The Croods for testing. It'll probably be tomorrow before I can get back to testing with another disc.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:54   #35284  |  Link
Sunset1982

thx madshi for your quick fixes!

I tried 0.90.2 but with no success. 3D is not working. MadVR crahes when trying to load a 3DMVC Mkv file.

Changed my desktop resolution to 1080p on my 4k oled, and activated 3D on my Win10 (64) bit, but same crash on start.

How can I provide you an error log?
Old 13th January 2016, 20:13   #35285  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Ok, so 0.92.2 gives me 3D. I have to look at the results later as it looks.....off to me. I don't know how to explain this other than the 3D looks like it's IN the TV rather than coming out of it. Is it possible the images got swapped?
It's possible. Some Blu-Rays have the order reversed. In the one single test video I tried it seemed to be the right way, but that might have been simple luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Its not exactly well defined which 3D view is for the left and right eye. I have not seen any metadata in the MakeMKV files to indicate that, but maybe it only writes it when its non-standard?
Which disc did you rip, and can you try another? If another works, maybe upload the first ~50mb of the "wrong" MKV somewhere? (use a binary splitter like DGSplit or so)
The left/right eye order is stored in the Blu-Ray specific records, not sure if libBluRay exports it, though. It could very well be possible that MakeMKV does not properly store this information in the MKV file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1982 View Post
I tried 0.90.2 but with no success. 3D is not working. MadVR crahes when trying to load a 3DMVC Mkv file.

Changed my desktop resolution to 1080p on my 4k oled, and activated 3D on my Win10 (64) bit, but same crash on start.

How can I provide you an error log?
Please read the bottom part of the v0.90.2 announcement post and let me know what your Ctrl+J OSD says.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 20:38   #35286  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
The left/right eye order is stored in the Blu-Ray specific records, not sure if libBluRay exports it, though. It could very well be possible that MakeMKV does not properly store this information in the MKV file.
Unfortunately libbluray doesn't support much of the 3D extensions at all, so even getting it to read the .ssif files would require massive work. So metadata is likely not to be present.

I would hope MakeMKV writes it somewhere, but I didn't see anything in my files, hence the idea if its only written on views that are not left/base, right/extension.
Old 13th January 2016, 20:42   #35287  |  Link
Sunset1982

Quote:
Please read the bottom part of the v0.90.2 announcement post and let me know what your Ctrl+J OSD says
ok, got it worked. Now file plays and osd shows d3d11 windowed mode (3d), but it isn't shown in 3D. movie shows 2D and now depth.

and I'm wondering why windowed mode is on. normally I watch in exclusive mode.
Old 13th January 2016, 20:46   #35288  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
ok, got it worked. Now file plays and osd shows d3d11 windowed mode (3d), but it isn't shown in 3D. movie shows 2D and now depth.

and I'm wondering why windowed mode is on. normally I watch in exclusive mode.
Are you playing on primary or secondary monitor?
Old 13th January 2016, 21:37   #35289  |  Link
Sunset1982

Quote:
Are you playing on primary or secondary monitor?
primary. this is the only monitor connected.
Old 13th January 2016, 22:12   #35290  |  Link
Manni

Okay, I uninstalled KCP and installed the latest x64 builds of MPC-BE, LAV and MadVR (and xysubfilter).

I do get 3D, but the depth isn't correct. It looks fine on a close-up, but as soon as you get foreground / background it's wrong. It's very obvious in Gravity, especially when they are rotating around each other in chapter 2.

It might be the AMD bug though, as this is exactly what I experienced with stereoplayer.

Other than that, I get lots of dropped frames & glitches if I select any error diffusion option for dithering. Ordered or random is much better. Would need a 3D Boolean to fine-tune a specific profile.

I hope wrong depth isn't related to the AMD bug, but it would be interesting to try to see if those complaining of this have an AMD GPU.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K

Last edited by Manni; 13th January 2016 at 22:14.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 22:13   #35291  |  Link
edigee

Sorry for the offtopic; I'm wondering if there's any reason to update to Windos 10. I'm on a old rig(xeon x3220 ,8Gb RAM ,GTX 960 ,W 7 64bit). I'm using a 2 display configuration. MPC-HC 64 with madVR for one display and MPC-BE(LAV 32) 32bit ,with madVR and reclock for the 2nd display. I'm not interested(yet) in 3D playback. Is there any video playback quality inprovment if I upgrade to W 10?
Thanks
edigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 22:14   #35292  |  Link
XMonarchY

madshi (kind of weird to type your name as the first word in a sentence without capitalizing it...),

For me, there some builds released every so often that require full and complete settings reset to defaults or otherwise there are skipped frames, presentation glitches, and such. Is that normal? Do you advice resetting settings to default for each new build?

I performed a fresh format and a clean Windows 10 Pro x64 1511-10586 install. That actually got rid of a previous problem I had, where after pausing videos, there would be double-image at the top of the screen or there would be severe stuttering.
Old 13th January 2016, 22:24   #35293  |  Link
Nullack

Thanks for 0.90.2. Summary of issues for me:

1. NNED13 is reporting in CTRL J as jinc ar
2. 3D is working well on the single MVC mux I did. I intend to do allot more testing with other 3d blurays cos Im concerned about the point made in this thread with makemkv loosing important 3d config data in the mux with left/right eye formats and so on.
3. I continue to have crashes when changing modes automatically between 2d and 3d, and I continue to have crashes when playing 2d content in a 2d desktop when having 3d stereoscopic mode enabled in the nvidia driver settings. I have now resolved my windows component store corruption. Clearly nvidia has problems in their code, the error dumps point to NV dlls as the cause. In the meantime the workaround is to manually swap between 3d and 2d desktop modes as needed, and manually enable or disable the 3d stereoscopic tick box.
Nullack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 22:53   #35294  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
1. NNED13 is reporting in CTRL J as jinc ar
This is also true for 2D content?
Then it most likely isn't used, check your madVR settings or reinstall your GPU drivers.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 23:31   #35295  |  Link
jmone

edit

I've got 3D working in MC (it may be to do with Running as Admin) but I've need to test some more and get back

Thanks
Nathan

Last edited by jmone; 13th January 2016 at 23:55.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 23:36   #35296  |  Link
Nullack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
This is also true for 2D content?
Then it most likely isn't used, check your madVR settings or reinstall your GPU drivers.
Many thanks mate. Reinstalling the nvidia drivers now enables NNED13 correctly. Seems the combination of the dism repairs to fix windows component store corruption and the new hotfix driver from nvidia caused it to get into some trouble. All fixed top suggestion thanks again.
Nullack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 23:51   #35297  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
primary. this is the only monitor connected.
Oh well, then I don't know why it's not working for you. It seems to be a problem with the GPU drivers (?). You could try reinstalling those, or try a different version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Okay, I uninstalled KCP and installed the latest x64 builds of MPC-BE, LAV and MadVR (and xysubfilter).

I do get 3D, but the depth isn't correct. It looks fine on a close-up, but as soon as you get foreground / background it's wrong. It's very obvious in Gravity, especially when they are rotating around each other in chapter 2.

It might be the AMD bug though, as this is exactly what I experienced with stereoplayer.

Other than that, I get lots of dropped frames & glitches if I select any error diffusion option for dithering. Ordered or random is much better. Would need a 3D Boolean to fine-tune a specific profile.

I hope wrong depth isn't related to the AMD bug, but it would be interesting to try to see if those complaining of this have an AMD GPU.
That's sad to hear. I had hoped that the problem would be limited to the Windows 7 style 3D API, but according to your description it seems to also apply to the official Windows 8+ D3D11 3D API.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edigee View Post
Sorry for the offtopic; I'm wondering if there's any reason to update to Windos 10. I'm on a old rig(xeon x3220 ,8Gb RAM ,GTX 960 ,W 7 64bit). I'm using a 2 display configuration. MPC-HC 64 with madVR for one display and MPC-BE(LAV 32) 32bit ,with madVR and reclock for the 2nd display. I'm not interested(yet) in 3D playback. Is there any video playback quality inprovment if I upgrade to W 10?
Windows 10 seems to introduce a couple new problems. The best OS for video playback currently seems to be Windows 8.1. It's better than Windows 7 because it has a much better desktop composition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMonarchY View Post
Is that normal? Do you advice resetting settings to default for each new build?
No. And no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
I'm still not getting any better luck playing 3D. Can someone pls confirm what madVR is reporting as the Version #. I've installed the latest madVR but it is showing in the madVR settings it is v0.90.1 not v0.90.2
Says v0.90.2 on my PC. Try clearing your browser cache and redownload. And if you don't get 3D, please re-read the v0.90.2 announcement post for instructions how to debug the 3D failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
Many thanks mate. Reinstalling the nvidia drivers now enables NNED13 correctly. Seems the combination of the dism repairs to fix windows component store corruption and the new hotfix driver from nvidia caused it to get into some trouble. All fixed top suggestion thanks again.
Not important at all, but it's "NNEDI3" (as in "NNEDi3") and not "NNEDI13".
Old 13th January 2016, 23:53   #35298  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
I'm still not getting any better luck playing 3D. Can someone pls confirm what madVR is reporting as the Version #. I've installed the latest madVR but it is showing in the madVR settings it is v0.90.1 not v0.90.2
than it isn't installed correctly. mine is showing 0.90.2.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 00:29   #35299  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
That's sad to hear. I had hoped that the problem would be limited to the Windows 7 style 3D API, but according to your description it seems to also apply to the official Windows 8+ D3D11 3D API.
One thing I haven't tried is Crimson vs Catalyst (I only tried with Catalyst 14.12). This bug could have been fixed with Crimson, which is quite a big redesign.

- Is it only AMD users who complain about this re 3D with LAV+MadVR?

- Has any AMD owner managed to get 3D to work with LAV+MadVR without the perspective/eye reverse AMD Bug?

- If any AMD user managed to get 3D to work properly, are they using Catalyst or Crimson drivers?
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 00:44   #35300  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Quote:
Code:
* fixed: LAV reporting double frame rate was ignored
madVR doesn't activate the correct interlacing mode (film) for PAL sample and switches to 50 Hz with default deinterlacing settings (+ LAV's YADIF disabled + ReClock's PAL speed down enabled).

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling