Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th June 2006, 02:04   #21  |  Link
sysKin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
i assume the audio codec is aac, so simply install coreaac or enable the internal aac decoder in mpc
See what I said about audio. It's just not an mp4 file at all, it's a mov with 4cc=AVC1 video and 4cc=SOWT audio

Actually I'd like to recompress audio and make it an mp4. It's trivial to make it a matroska file, but how can I remux video into an mp4? Can mp4box open a mov file and ignore audio?

[edit] Haha yes it can
Code:
MP4Box.exe -add SupremeCommander_E3_Trailer_BigHD_SupremeCommanderHQ.com.mov test.mp4
IsoMedia import - skipping track ID 1 (unknown type 'sowt')
IsoMedia import - track ID 2 - Video (size 1280 x 720)
Saving to test.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving

Last edited by sysKin; 7th June 2006 at 02:10.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 05:38   #22  |  Link
imcold
pencil artist

you can always mux to matroska and then demux separate tracks from it >> mux them with mp4box
imcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 11:20   #23  |  Link
xyloy
x264 & XviD rules! ;-)

Try renaming it to .hdmov if you use QT Alternative. It will enable the use of directshow filters such as CoreAVC and CoreAAC instead of QT's poor decoders.
Unrecommended Codecs: everything else.
xyloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 12:03   #24  |  Link
videomixer9
ffdshow fan

You have to nothing except to set this here to DirectShow (yeah the thing in the back are dropdown fields if you click them), it's set per default to Quicktime and will make MPC use the Quicktime ActiveX to play the videos. (in Zoomplayer this is the same, under video rendering options you'll find an option "Use Quicktime ActiveX" which is checked per default, uncheck this to make Zoomplayer use DirectShow instead.)

All that Quicktime Alternative does is to add a filetype .hdmov under Others, and others is set to DirectShow per default, so it will handle the .movs. Nero Splitter usually breaks playback nicely, it's better to block all Nero filters that try to deal with this, especially the famous NDParser.ax ones.

Windows should come with a mov splitter that should work fine, at least my Windows XP had one to begin with. Of course gabest one might be better to use.

Absolut no renaming required and usual DirectShow Playback. The problem with the missing sound is probably due to some other crap on the system.

On http://www.cccp-project.net/ you can find a tool named Insurgent, use this and export your installed filters or give us a test rendering of the files in question.

Too many people install crappy codecs packs and any filter they can find anywhere, many try to fuck around with merits or try to surpress other filters, commercial filters seem to be usually very aggressive in this. The goal of most commercial packs like Nero, Cyberlink etc. is to ruin your videoplayback as much as possible to that you think only their apps are the right ones so that you keep buying their stuff. Just boycott this companies and spend your money for less aggressive and non-hostile filters like the Core Products, or just stick to open and free software.

Twos audio is indeed PCM afaik. "sowt" is twos audio, ffdshow only recently added support for this. Please update to a more recent version. Twos audio was introduced in revision 2542 of ffdshow.

Last edited by videomixer9; 7th June 2006 at 12:13.
videomixer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 21:39   #25  |  Link
swaaye

Ok.

videomixer9, I changed the settings in MPC as you showed. I then installed the latest ffdhow (ffdshow-rev2546-SSE2.exe) (http://ffdshow.faireal.net/#ffdshow) (because the audio codec missing error was still there.) With the PCM Uncompressed option enabled in ffdshow's audio decoder, MPC no longer gives an error about the audio. The video plays extremely slowly, however. Basically MPC freezes up. I even have to kill it in taskman.

Did ffdshow actually work for you?

I do have Nero on here. And I uninstalled all of its components other than Nero Burning ROM itself. I have CoreAVC installed (MPC is using it).

edit: I just tried your latest SSE build with the same result.

Last edited by swaaye; 8th June 2006 at 21:49.
swaaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 01:53   #26  |  Link
jblade

Quicktime alternative + Coreavc

rename the .mov to .hdmov

Open with Media Player Classic

My Athlon XP -Mobile plays the 1080p trailers fine.
jblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 14:44   #27  |  Link
BlackSharkfr

All has been said : there are multiple techniques.
The one i prever is converting mov->mkv using mkvmerge(gui) and then playback using mpc + coreAVC (alpha)
I have an Athlon XP 2000+ and 720p trailers from apple play fine.
BlackSharkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 18:18   #28  |  Link
swaaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblade
Quicktime alternative + Coreavc

rename the .mov to .hdmov

Open with Media Player Classic

My Athlon XP -Mobile plays the 1080p trailers fine.
I think a lot of ya don't read the whole thread. I keep getting the same ideas over and over lol.

This one does not work because the audio in this MOV is in a very strange format that nothing seems to play back.
swaaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 18:34   #29  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

There is a method you might be able to use.

Convert the file to mkv using mkvmerge.
Open the file in Virtualdubmod
Demux the audio to .wav
Set the audio to disabled
Use direct stream copy to save to mkv (video only)
Encode .wav to aac (mp4)
merge to either mkv or mp4 (video and audio)

This might work.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote