Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd September 2005, 20:47   #41  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@rpboy

Just be glad I'm also in R1 and I will get your DVD is soon as I can and see what's up with it.
Old 3rd September 2005, 21:08   #42  |  Link
rpboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2COOL
Just be glad I'm also in R1 and I will get your DVD is soon as I can and see what's up with it.
Hahaha, and if you find out that I was an idiot and just did something stupid, well, I'll feel stupid.
rpboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 07:06   #43  |  Link
2COOL

This DVD has two aspect ratio menus and they both resided in VTSM 1 , LU 1 (en) , 16 (0:30) 6b.

Here's what's in Pgc Editor.

Both are identically the same as for number of buttons and buttons commands.

VTSM 1, VOB ID 24, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=97109)
2 Groups Select but=0, Action but=0
button 1: Set gprm(5) =(mov) 1 ; LinkTailPGC (Widescreen)
button 2: Set gprm(5) =(mov) 2 ; LinkTailPGC (fullscreen)
button 3: Set gprm(5) =(mov) 99 ; LinkTailPGC (Main Menu)

VTSM 1, VOB ID 26, Cell ID 1 (First NAV pack LBA=97975)
2 Groups Select but=0, Action but=0
button 1: Set gprm(5) =(mov) 1 ; LinkTailPGC (Widescreen)
button 2: Set gprm(5) =(mov) 2 ; LinkTailPGC (fullscreen)
button 3: Set gprm(5) =(mov) 99 ; LinkTailPGC (Main Menu)

According to our cells in Pgc Editor above, cell 1 will play first. It is just a non-motion menu with 30 seconds of audio then it will go to cell 2, which is an exact replica minus the audio. Since cell 2 has a still time of 255, the menu stops here waiting for user interaction.

Here's the command table for this PGC.

Even though there are cell commands, they aren't really used. Just look at the cell cmd column in Pgc Editor. So what I did from here is follow the guide to get my widescreen button's command as a new cell command 3 and then put a value of 3 in my cell 1's cell cmd. Cell 1 already had a still of 0 so I didn't have to change that.

Now, I could've just followed the guide and also changed cell 2's still time to 0 and with a cell cmd of 3 but it didn't matter. It wouldn't play anyways due to cell 1 having a cell cmd 3.

After saving the DVD, I went and tested my edits. I had to keep in mind that cell 1 had 30 seconds of audio before the cell ended. If everything worked out, the aspect ratio menu would stop displaying and I'll be seeing the next video clip, which is my FBI warnings. I was right.

I also had to check to see if my aspect ratio menu would be bypassed after selecting a chapter in scene selection menu. It used the same cell 1 so after 30 seconds, the aspect ratio menu was bypassed.

It was just a matter of performing page 3 of guide to blank out the cells and now, I have a perfect DVD with no aspect ratio menu and playing my widescreen version.

With everything said, my generic guide works on this DVD.

Last edited by 2COOL; 5th September 2005 at 20:19.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 11:19   #44  |  Link
rpboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2COOL
After saving the DVD, I went and tested my edits. I had to keep in mind that cell 1 had 30 seconds of audio before the cell ended.
Which I didn't do. I saw the aspect ratio menu appear and stopped there. I didn't realize that it would still play for 30 seconds. In the past, they've always just flashed and disappeared. When it appeared on the screen and I could move around the buttons, I thought something wasn't working.

I didn't know that if the still time was set to 0, that it would still continue to show like it did. That's good to know.

Thanks for all the help!
rpboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 23:32   #45  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpboy
Which I didn't do. I saw the aspect ratio menu appear and stopped there.
In some DVDs, the aspect ratio menu can be a motion menu and you can really see it visually play to completion. But for this DVD, it wasn't... so you had to hear it out. Out of habit, I often look at the play time in PowerDVD when I'm viewing the cell.

Maybe, I should clarify this sentence, in Step 16, one day.

Quote:
Since your menu was set to zero still time, you should see it play to completion and then see the next Title start playing.

Last edited by 2COOL; 5th September 2005 at 20:18.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote