Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th April 2002, 06:09   #1  |  Link
diogo6

standalone/pc/xbox/ps2

Can someone please help me out with this. I thought I was doing everything right. I've burned exactly 33 movies, with what I thought to be 100% success. But it turned out that they only work on pcs, and on my ps2. Some of them will work on my xbox, but none of them work in any standalone player. I mean, any standalone player. Then I thought it was the media, so to test it, I burned a dvd using my home videos. I used sonic's mydvd to make the menus and stuff, and that one worked fine in all standalone players (and I was using the same media from the other dvds). My take on this is that I'm doing something wrong, but I really can't see what it is. Just in case you think I've forgotten to do the "Get VTS Sectors". That's not it.

I'm using dvddecrypter to rip the dvds, and IfoEdit.

please help me out,
diogo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2002, 10:18   #2  |  Link
s0nyguy

did you remember to create an AUDIO_TS folder in the dvd ? not normally needed but I create it all the time for compatibility sakes.

I can play all mine on pc dvd/standalone/ps2
s0nyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2002, 12:13   #3  |  Link
diogo6

yes, I forgot to say, but I always put the empty audio_ts folder, and just in case someone wonders, I use B's Recorder Gold to burn it with.
Old 11th April 2002, 13:02   #4  |  Link
JJF007

I don't know this Burn Program. I use Record Max Now and it works fine without any problems. I tried several DVD-Rs (TDK, Verbatim, Penmax) and every runs in the PS2, XBox, and several Stand-Alones.

Maybe it's the Burn Program. I had the same problem before when i used Nero to burn two DVD-Rs.
JJF007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2002, 13:06   #5  |  Link
diogo6

are you using the create img tool or not?
Old 12th April 2002, 09:18   #6  |  Link
JJF007

I use no Image Tool, because you don't need that. So you will save a lot of time Just drag and drop the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS with Record Max Now into the Data Disk Project. Thats it. Very Simple. You can find a instruction at www.doom9.org (DVD Section), there you will find in some guides "Burn to DVD" with other Programs.
JJF007 is offline   Reply With Quote