Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th June 2010, 23:20   #8641  |  Link
Capsbackup

You will also need to uninstall the incorrect version first, then go the the Program folders and delete the Haali folder too before you install the correct version from the first page of this thread.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 01:52   #8642  |  Link
HatchetMan

Second time in a row this has oversized

Second time in a row Matrix Revolutions has oversized to 23.4 GB, log attached. Other than this one title they have all been right around the 22 GB mark.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WORKING.zip (3.8 KB, 44 views)
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 17:15   #8643  |  Link
Alderik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
I've got Sherlock Holmes as well, i'll give it a go tonight.
any problems found?
Alderik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 17:51   #8644  |  Link
LAustinTX

MovieIQ Sync problems

Need some help here. I tried to search for this term in the forum, but couldn't find an answer to my situation.

I have a retail BD50, reencoded to BD25 "full disc mode". Looks great after the encode. Everything is cool when I play it back on my PS3...except, the MovieIQ Sync feature and the BD-Live feature on the resulting copy does not work, and the interface on the movie (The Last Station) says "you need a firmware update to use this feature". If I play the retail BD in my PS3, it works just fine. My question is: when a reencode occurs, does it impact the useablity of BD-Live functions? I thought this area of the disc was left unaltered,, not subject to the reencode process. Is there some setting or something that I'm doing wrong when encoding the disc that results in BD Live and MovieIQ Sync to not work properly? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
LAustinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 19:23   #8645  |  Link
JJB

Did you use AnyDVDHD? The default setting is disable BD Live.
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 20:34   #8646  |  Link
LAustinTX

MovieIQ Sync problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
Did you use AnyDVDHD? The default setting is disable BD Live.
DOH!! I think that's it. Thanks! I used DVDFab, but I think that was the issue.
LAustinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 04:56   #8647  |  Link
hautem

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs Admirable as that may be, in light of the fact that new Universal releases appear NOT to any longer have this problem, I'd suggest that you hold off on doing that unless/until it's established that the problem(s) with earlier Universal releases show up again in future releases...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Good point. It could be that they were the problem and have corrected it.
Still appears to be an issue on some discs. Universal's "Green Zone", full disc to BD9 - no main movie audio or subtitles when played on the Sony BDP-S360. Audio and subtitles play on the 2 extras features, but no audio on the 3 deleted scenes.

Main movie audio and subtitles on the full disc backup plays fine with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (no version upgrade), but the disc itself does not play with PowerDVD 8 (version 8.0.2217.50). Changing any of the setting options on the Sony BDP-S360 for things such as BD Audio Setting - Mix/Direct, Hybrid Disc Playback Layer - BD/DVD/CD or BD-ROM 1080/24p Output - Auto/On/Off has no effect. The movie-only backup to BD9 played fine on the S360.

I tried re-encoding the initial full disc backup to movie-only to remove the secondary video - the video is not re-encoded if the target disc size is the same (but does re-encode the audio), so it's quick - renaming the 00000.m2ts and 00000.clpi files to 00010.m2ts and 00010.clpi, respectively and replacing the originals etc. The main movie audio and subtitles worked in PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (as did the original full disc encode), but still not on the S360.
hautem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 06:32   #8648  |  Link
nick9461

I was looking at the avisyth scripts and I noticed the ConvertToyv12 is using the default 601 sd matrix instead of the HD Rec.709 coefficients, does it matter?
nick9461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 14:34   #8649  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hautem View Post
Still appears to be an issue on some discs. Universal's "Green Zone", full disc to BD9 - no main movie audio or subtitles when played on the Sony BDP-S360. Audio and subtitles play on the 2 extras features, but no audio on the 3 deleted scenes.

Main movie audio and subtitles on the full disc backup plays fine with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (no version upgrade), but the disc itself does not play with PowerDVD 8 (version 8.0.2217.50). Changing any of the setting options on the Sony BDP-S360 for things such as BD Audio Setting - Mix/Direct, Hybrid Disc Playback Layer - BD/DVD/CD or BD-ROM 1080/24p Output - Auto/On/Off has no effect. The movie-only backup to BD9 played fine on the S360.

I tried re-encoding the initial full disc backup to movie-only to remove the secondary video - the video is not re-encoded if the target disc size is the same (but does re-encode the audio), so it's quick - renaming the 00000.m2ts and 00000.clpi files to 00010.m2ts and 00010.clpi, respectively and replacing the originals etc. The main movie audio and subtitles worked in PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (as did the original full disc encode), but still not on the S360.
I too have found this to be true, unfortunately. If you have the capability, burn that same backup to BD-RE and I believe you will find it will work perfectly.
Not sure if this is a BD-RB problem, limitation of AVCHD, or a standalone firmware issue, but these titles have been an issue for me since BD-RB was released. I now shy away from full backups to BD5/9 for universal titles, instead go with BD-R or movie only to BD5/9.
Old 27th June 2010, 02:25   #8650  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderik View Post
any problems found?
Sorry didn't get to test it out until today. Its at VID_00172 with no problems so far. As soon as its done i'll let u know if its complete
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 14:56   #8651  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Just woke up and checked Sherlock Holmes, backed up perfect with no errors on rebuild. Maybe you have a bad rip.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 15:38   #8652  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick9461 View Post
I was looking at the avisyth scripts and I noticed the ConvertToyv12 is using the default 601 sd matrix instead of the HD Rec.709 coefficients, does it matter?
I'll look at it. Rec.709 should be used for HD sources. Since there is no conversion to-or-from RGB, I don't think it matters. It shouldn't hurt to add matrix="rec709", so I will. Since I'm adding filter editing, there's always the chance that someone may convert to RGB in their created sequence of filters.

[Edit] I just tested it. Since the source is not in RGB, adding the "matrix=" parameter results in an error. So the way it is doing it now is correct. If someone changes the colorspace in their filters (entered via the new filter editor), it will be their responsibility to also convert it back properly.

Last edited by jdobbs; 27th June 2010 at 17:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 19:11   #8653  |  Link
hautem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I too have found this to be true, unfortunately. If you have the capability, burn that same backup to BD-RE and I believe you will find it will work perfectly.
Not sure if this is a BD-RB problem, limitation of AVCHD, or a standalone firmware issue, but these titles have been an issue for me since BD-RB was released. I now shy away from full backups to BD5/9 for universal titles, instead go with BD-R or movie only to BD5/9.
@Capsbackup

Thanks for the re-confirm - sometimes I'm never sure if it's me screwing up badly on some of this stuff. Haven't graduated to a BD burner yet, but may have to. This particular one would appear to have nothing at all to do w/ BD-Rebuilder and strictly a player issue. I just discovered that same "Green Zone", full disc to BD9 backup (with the AUXDATA folder removed) plays fine on a Samsung BD-P1500, albeit w/o the PIP audio. I can certainly live without the PIP, but I prefer doing full disc backups mainly for the extras - which at times can be as interesting as the movie (e.g. knowing that the MET D team on this one was largely made up of actual war veterans vs. actors sheds a much different light - at least for me, anyway). Just another reason for BD-R being the way to go.
hautem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 19:54   #8654  |  Link
Capsbackup

@hautem;
Quote:
I just discovered that same "Green Zone", full disc to BD9 backup (with the AUXDATA folder removed) plays fine on a Samsung BD-P1500, albeit w/o the PIP audio.
If the PiP secondary audio is DTs Express, then there is no way, at this time, to include it in a full backup, regardless of BD5/9 or BD-R/RE.
Old 27th June 2010, 21:08   #8655  |  Link
steveg32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderik View Post
any problems found?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
Just woke up and checked Sherlock Holmes, backed up perfect with no errors on rebuild. Maybe you have a bad rip.
I also have Sherlock Holmes. Backed up perfect (full disc/bd-25) with no errors. Bad rip maybe?
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 13:28   #8656  |  Link
longtom

I stream the Movie Only m2ts (Custom 46,900Giga, that the video will not reencode) with Dolby Digital from PS3MediaServer to PS3 (BDMV/STREAM), but some are shown as "defective".

Didn't find out till now why some are fine, some not.

Then i reencode again with BD25 option, then it's fine.
longtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 14:33   #8657  |  Link
Alderik

Yes, should be. Will back up again. Thanks for your reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg32 View Post
I also have Sherlock Holmes. Backed up perfect (full disc/bd-25) with no errors. Bad rip maybe?
Alderik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 14:45   #8658  |  Link
Hookahice

The Twilight Saga New Moon - Audio Out Of Sync

No matter what I do, “The Twilight Saga - New Moon” BD re-encode comes out with its Audio out of sync! It’s delayed by 2-3 seconds.
The movie plays fine (audio is synced) before re-encoding with BD Rebuilder on the computer. After re-encoding and mounting the ISO image in Daemon-Tools, Audio is no longer synced. Luckily, I always check my ISO’s with D-Tools before the burning process so I haven’t wasted blank BD’s so far.

I tried both “Full Backup” and “Movie only Backup”. Both failed (out of sync).
Tried to keep audio track intact by selecting “Keep HD Audio” + “Do no convert DTS to AC3” and “Do not re-encode AC3” options checked. Still out of sync…
These are the audio tracks with the movie (in “Movie only Backup”):

I even tried to just grab the AC3 Stereo track disregarding the DTS-HD track… still no luck

My target output is BD-25 and inspect.exe is all OK:
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.2, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Have successfully encoded lots of Blu-Rays so far but this seems the only one that has out of sync audio issues.

Please advise as to what I should do – I would greatly appreciate it.
Hookahice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 15:13   #8659  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahice View Post
No matter what I do, “The Twilight Saga - New Moon” BD re-encode comes out with its Audio out of sync! It’s delayed by 2-3 seconds.
What did you use to rip it with? AnyDVDHD is the preferred method.
Old 28th June 2010, 20:30   #8660  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahice View Post
The movie plays fine (audio is synced) before re-encoding with BD Rebuilder on the computer. After re-encoding and mounting the ISO image in Daemon-Tools, Audio is no longer synced. Luckily, I always check my ISO’s with D-Tools before the burning process so I haven’t wasted blank BD’s so far.

I tried both “Full Backup” and “Movie only Backup”. Both failed (out of sync).
Tried to keep audio track intact by selecting “Keep HD Audio” + “Do no convert DTS to AC3” and “Do not re-encode AC3” options checked. Still out of sync…
These are the audio tracks with the movie (in “Movie only Backup”):

I even tried to just grab the AC3 Stereo track disregarding the DTS-HD track… still no luck

My target output is BD-25 and inspect.exe is all OK:
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.2, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Have successfully encoded lots of Blu-Rays so far but this seems the only one that has out of sync audio issues.

I'll pick it up and test it. Ugghhh vampires. Zombies are funnier.