Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 3rd January 2005, 20:43   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Removing Language Selection and Aspect Ratio Menus v3.0

HTML guide hosted by r0lZ.

mirror

Last edited by 2COOL; 5th September 2005 at 20:25.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2005, 21:43   #2  |  Link
jeanl

2COOL, in your very excellent guide, you spend some time explaining how to find the aspect-selection menu. Why not use the trace function to do that, since it'll be one of the first ones to show? Or do you think it's too complicated to explain?
Jeanl
Old 3rd January 2005, 22:12   #3  |  Link
2COOL

Yes, that is another method but since I was lazy on trying to reuse as much of my previous version, I forgot about it quickly.
Old 4th January 2005, 06:06   #4  |  Link
DMagic1

Excellent faster guide.

One tool does it all.

Last edited by DMagic1; 4th January 2005 at 06:14.
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2005, 20:35   #5  |  Link
2COOL

@suncat

Are you working on a DVD with a Aspect Ratio menu (Fullscreen/Widescreen)? Step 11 is executed if both buttons in your menu are identical. You shouldn't have both jumping to the same title. That defeats the purpose. They should be jumping to different titles.

Read the last sentence in Step 10.

Last edited by 2COOL; 7th January 2005 at 20:38.
Old 7th January 2005, 22:38   #6  |  Link
suncat

No - it is a language selection menu. I think step 10 explains it - sorry for the trouble.
suncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2005, 23:30   #7  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Another real good guide 2 COOL.

One suggestion - as an optional extra step, users could totally remove the blanked V/C ID (15/1 in your guide) by stripping it in IfoEdit (it will now just be unreferenced material).

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2005, 00:04   #8  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by blutach
it will now just be unreferenced material.

Regards
I know. I've other guides to update too.

Last edited by 2COOL; 8th January 2005 at 01:48.
Old 8th January 2005, 00:56   #9  |  Link
NobbyNobbs

I have learned a lot trough your guides ( The Ifo Edit ones ), and find it great that you update/make new ones for the new tools we now have.
Just one request, is it possible to make printable versions ?
I find that having the guide on paper, and being able to leaf trough it a couple of times before starting to use it really have helped me to understand what I am supposed to be doing.
NobbyNobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2005, 01:02   #10  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by NobbyNobbs
Just one request, is it possible to make printable versions ?
I find that having the guide on paper, and being able to leaf trough it a couple of times before starting to use it really have helped me to understand what I am supposed to be doing.
Hmmm? Doesn't the "Show printable version" option at the bottom of each thread page help you out?
Old 8th January 2005, 01:14   #11  |  Link
NobbyNobbs

That is what I have been using with the guides you have in this forum, but I have not seen that on your new HTML guides.
NobbyNobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 22:30   #12  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Hiya 2COOL,

I'm stuck in your guide (v3.0) at page 2, step 11. I'm currently editing Shrek 2 PAL edition, where I want to remove a language selection menu at the beginning of the disc. The button commands are the same, they're both:
Code:
[20 04 00 00 00 00 00 05]  LinkPGCN PGC 5
But when I bring up the command editor in PgcEdit after pasting this command as a cell command, I don't have the "highlight button" option as shown in step 11 in your guide. What do I do?

EDIT: One more question: If I succeed in bypassing the menu in question, I'd like to prohibit the user from selecting the menu using the remote control. This would be a logical step 4 to your guide, after bypassing (step 2) and blanking (step 3) the menu.

My menu is the title menu of the disc (whereas the main menu is the root menu). I've found out how to add a Prohibited User Operation on the menu call to the title menu using PgcEdit, but only per title (double-clicking the title and entering the PGC Editor). I'd like to disable the user from selecting this menu via the remote control at any point in the disc. Can I set some sort of a global PUOP or how can I do this?

Last edited by CoNS; 14th February 2005 at 23:23.
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 01:30   #13  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by CoNS
I'm stuck in your guide (v3.0) at page 2, step 11. I'm currently editing Shrek 2 PAL edition, where I want to remove a language selection menu at the beginning of the disc. The button commands are the same, they're both:
Code:
[20 04 00 00 00 00 00 05]  LinkPGCN PGC 5
But when I bring up the command editor in PgcEdit after pasting this command as a cell command, I don't have the "highlight button" option as shown in step 11 in your guide. What do I do?
Sigh...I had a feeling I missed out on an important scenario. Anyways, here's a workaround on your cell command. Go to Alphabetically > SetHL_BTN. Set your button and LinkPGCN number

Quote:
EDIT: One more question: If I succeed in bypassing the menu in question, I'd like to prohibit the user from selecting the menu using the remote control. This would be a logical step 4 to your guide, after bypassing (step 2) and blanking (step 3) the menu.

My menu is the title menu of the disc (whereas the main menu is the root menu). I've found out how to add a Prohibited User Operation on the menu call to the title menu using PgcEdit, but only per title (double-clicking the title and entering the PGC Editor). I'd like to disable the user from selecting this menu via the remote control at any point in the disc. Can I set some sort of a global PUOP or how can I do this?
Don't know if this would work but you can right click on your Title VMGM, select "Set Menu Type", and select None.

Last edited by 2COOL; 15th February 2005 at 01:40.
Old 15th February 2005, 01:37   #14  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Don't know if this would work but you can right click on your Title VMGM, select "Set Menu Type", and select None.
Sure, it will work.
But you must replace all occurences of JumpSS-VMGM-menu and CallSS-VMGM-menu by JumpSS-VMGM-pgc and CallSS-VMGM-pgc, using the original PGC number of the old Title menu.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 09:24   #15  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

@2COOL: Thanks a lot for your help. Swift and precise as always. I'll test it later today when I get home from work.

@r0lz: Thanks to you, too! Only, I'm not sure exactly how to do what you describe. I'm very much a nOOb when it comes to command editing. Could you go a bit more into detail?

Also, is there an automated or semi-automated way to do the replacing of those calls? Or do I have to browse through all PGCs manually?
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 12:27   #16  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The simplest way to disable the Title menu button is this method (Looks complicated, but if you are lucky, it's verry simple):[list=1][*]Locate the Title menu you want to remove, and note his PGC number (the third number of the PGC label)[*]Right click on its label, and select "Set Menu Type". Select none, and OK.[*]In the lower part of the main window, type in "VMGM Title menu" (w/o the quotes) in the search field.[*]Select the First Play PGC (just to position the cursor on the first pre-command label of the DVD).[*]Press >>[*]If you find a JumpSS or a CallSS to the VMGM Title Menu, then double click on it, and select respectively the JumpSS-VMGM-PGC or CallSS-VMGM-pgc command in the menu of the command editor.[*]In the VMGM PGC field, type in the PGC number of the Title Menu you remembered in step 1.[*]Repeat steps 5 to 8 until the search string is not found anymore.[*]Just to be sure, repeat step 4 and 5.[*]Save.[*]You need still to be sure that there are no jumps to the Title menu in the menu buttons commands. Select Info -> Menu Button Commands.[*]In the Find field, type in "VMGM Title menu" and search the text with the < and > buttons.[*]If you find some occurences of the command, then you're unlucky. Note the VTSM number or the VMGM label, and the VOB ID and the Cell ID numbers, and the button number for all occurences.[*]Use MenuEdit to change the commands in the menus. The VTSM number is the number of the menu VTS you have to open in MenuEdit (or open VIDEO_TS.VOB if it was VMGM) Then select the VOB and Cell ID, and click twice on the button. Click on "edit" and edit the command. If your menu is in 16:9 aspect ratio, then you will have to do that step for all the groups. Only the registered version of MenuEdit can access groups 2 and 3! Repeat this step for all occurences.[/list=1]
BTW, the next major addition in PgcEdit will be a menu buttons editor. Last step will be feasible easily in PgcEdit...
Old 15th February 2005, 13:14   #17  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Might the following work?

1. Using jeanl's method/2COOL's GUI to go automatically to the main menu?

2. Deleting any "go back" button in the main menu (Just change it to a NOP using MenuEdit as described by r0lZ above).

3. Redirecting the title menu to FP PGC after resetting what I think of as the "jeanl GPRM" back to 0.

Regards

Last edited by blutach; 15th February 2005 at 13:18.
Old 15th February 2005, 13:25   #18  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Maybe.

My method is a relatively simple method to inhibit the Title Menu button on the whole DVD, regardless of what you want to do.

Of course, if there are only a few PGCs, it is more simple to change the PUOs in all the PGCs. But this method don't work with some low cost settop players which ignores the PUOs.
Old 15th February 2005, 13:57   #19  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@r0lZ

My idea was simply to get around the need to look for all the various commands in an easy to implement method.

Best regards

Old 17th February 2005, 19:46   #20  |  Link
voo_doo99

Super guide, super tool!

It has been a while since I have to do this ARM removal job. Was struggling with v2.0 on the "Breaking All The Rules" DVD. Found out about v3.0 and pronto, fast and sweet.

Thank you 2COOL for the updated guide. Thank you r0lZ for the super tool.
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote