Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th December 2008, 18:49   #1  |  Link
idbirch2

AVCHDMe: Make AVCHD folder PS3 compatible

This is for anyone with a PS3 who wants to be able to play a BluRay structure from a USB device on a PS3. The benefits of this over streaming are that you get VC-1 video, HD audio and subtitle support.

Firstly, you must use TSMuxer to select which streams you want to keep. In the Split/Cut tab, split the files every 4GB (this is because the PS3 will only read FAT32 USB devices)

Once you have your output from TSMuxer, place the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder inside a directory called AVCHD on the root of your USB device. Run AVCHDMe and point it at the root or BDMV folder and the structure will be checked. You will be alerted to any problems with filesizes, file names and CLPI errors which you then have the option to correct.

The USB device can now be connected to the PS3 and the BD structure will play.

What does AVCHDMe do?

It renames all the files inside the the BDMV folder to be 8.3 compliant. Without this, the PS3 will not play the BD structure. It can also apply a couple of fixes to the clpi files but now that TSMuxer has been updated (use 1.8.30 or newer), this should no longer be a problem.

Where can I get it?

Download here

And here's a screenshot:

Changes in 2.0
-- Added 4GB max file size check
-- Added "Undo 8.3 filenames" button to name your files back to their original names
-- Path input box now accepts drag and drop
-- Browse and dragndrop now accept either root or BDMV folder as input
-- New TSMuxer fixes CLPI and pause problems but left check in just in case anyone uses on an old mux

If you store multiple movies on a FAT32 hard disk, use AVCHDManager instead. Does everything AVCHDMe does but also helps you manage your collection and quickly change the default movie.

Last edited by idbirch2; 17th March 2009 at 20:04. Reason: New version - 2.0
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 21:12   #2  |  Link
b66pak

thanks a lot...
_
b66pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 02:45   #3  |  Link
tyee

Thanks a lot! I just made a patcher myself with 3 lines in a batch file. Took all day but it was a learning experience! The FOR command is awesome.

I just clicked on the link to your screenshot and my AVAST antivirus caught a virus trying to load from that page. Can you check it out please!
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 11:59   #4  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
I just clicked on the link to your screenshot and my AVAST antivirus caught a virus trying to load from that page. Can you check it out please!
Yeah, looks like ImageBam got stung by one of their advertisers yesterday (see thread here) The ImageBam rep in that thread though says the offending ad has now been pulled so that should be the end of that. Just to be on the safe side though, I've moved the image to imageshack.
Old 21st December 2008, 16:38   #5  |  Link
odin24

Nice, very nice. This also works with an external drive formatted to FAT32. I use a 320GB drive with a 50GB FAT32 partition, split a whole BD rip (main movie only) with tsMuxeR, apply AVCHDMe and away I go.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 20:25   #6  |  Link
shv

Hello,
is the correction which FixclpiGUI does also integrated in this new AVCHDME tool? I mean the fix of the fast forward and fast rewind problem.

Regards.
M.
shv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 21:04   #7  |  Link
idbirch2

Edit: Yes, this is now added in the new version. Download link updated in first post.

Last edited by idbirch2; 23rd December 2008 at 09:23.
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:12   #8  |  Link
shv

Hello idbirch2,
I think it would be a good solution to get the fixclpi function bundled in AVCHDME until we get a new TSMuxer with these fixes. Would it be possible to use the command line version from your program (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2188)?
From my point of view it would be good if AVCHDME could remember the last used BDMV folder e.g. with an entry in the registry.

Regards.
M.

Last edited by shv; 22nd December 2008 at 09:14.
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:59   #9  |  Link
idbirch2

I've uploaded a new version, the download link in the first post links to it. Jdobbs' fixclpi.exe is now incorporated and the last BDMV folder is automatically selected when you hit Browse (if it exists).
Old 23rd December 2008, 06:21   #10  |  Link
Krawhitham

any change on making this a CLI program again with the new fixes, maybe use command switches for the options
Krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:24   #11  |  Link
idbirch2

No, sorry. Unless any major problems surface, that's it now.
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:52   #12  |  Link
Krawhitham

ok, no problem

Your program converts file names to 8.3, then runs fixclpi.exe and then does the equivalent to deank's fixclipinf.exe which "patches CLIP files with correct M2TS filesize values", I'm I missing anything?
Krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:54   #13  |  Link
idbirch2

That's right, they're the 3 fixes that are applied.
Old 23rd December 2008, 18:36   #14  |  Link
shv

@idbirch2:
The AVCHD program works good. I've tested some movies without any problems. But now I have got problems with one movie.

As you can see in the picture from my 2nd try 2 parts were not made PS3 compatible. Interesting is also the order: 00003.clpi before 00002.clpi. As I used the program first time/first try with this movie the first 2 parts were not made PS3 compatible not the 2nd and 3rd. I've pushed the Apply Button 2nd time with this try. The result while wathching was that there was a gap between 1st and 2nd part visible as the filesize was not right corrected. All the other changes between chunks were seamless.

Regards.
M.

Last edited by shv; 23rd December 2008 at 18:40.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:34   #15  |  Link
idbirch2

Hm, that's very weird, it appears that the list of .clpi files has been read in the wrong order. If you look at the actual filesizes, you will see it has patched 0003.cpi with the size that should have gone into 0002.cpi and vice-versa. This is all because for some unknown reason, when the script first read in the list of .clpi files, it saw 0003.cpi before it saw 0002.cpi. Anyway, I have added some code that sorts both lists before applying any changes which should fix the problem for you. Grab the new verion here.

I'll update all the other links with the new version.
Old 24th December 2008, 08:49   #16  |  Link
shv

I've tested the version 1.2 but it does not work for me. I get shown a seperate window with clpi files but there is one more. After I selected the clpi files, pushed the copy button and closed the window I got the messages that the number of clpi files and video streams is different.

So I went back to previous version. It seams that the embedded fixclpi program does sometimes not get access to the clpi files. I've got the message runtime error 70 - no access to ... fixclpi. In this case and sometimes also without an error I saw that all files got No in column PS3 compliance. In this case I pushed the button again and hopefully everything went OK. This means sometimes everything is OK until the end. Sometimes only a part of the files are processed. An sometimes no file is processed. But I can't say if newertheless the fixclpi was running.
Old 24th December 2008, 09:10   #17  |  Link
idbirch2

Oops. my mistake. I've updated the first post with a link to 1.4.
Old 24th December 2008, 09:49   #18  |  Link
shv

Just tested version 1.4. I've an error message during converstion:

Falscher Parameter means wrong parameter.

After some more tests with version 1.4 I could not reproduce the error above. Currently it works. I think it would be good if the fixclpi.exe could be deleted in the CLPI folder at the end. Maybe it would be better to store fixclpi.exe in the folder where AVCHDME is in. It would not be necessary to create fixclpi.exe if it is already there.

Let me come back to the order of clpi in version 1.2. After selection of BDMV folder the order is right. When the conversion did not run properly (No PS3 compatibility for all CLPIs or for some) the order of CLPIs is changed. So maybe if I push Apply second time it runs with a wrong order.

Last edited by shv; 24th December 2008 at 10:05.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:03   #19  |  Link
idbirch2

Hm, I'm sorry but I don't know what else to do. It seems something is locking one of your cpi files preventing access to it. I've run AVCHDMe many times and have never seen this or the issue where the .cpi files are listed in the wrong order.

Is the final screenshot showing what happens when you run AVCHDMe a second time after the initial error? If so, I beleive that has been successful and the first 2 columns are simply in the wrong order. 0006.CPI/008E2EC0 matches 008E2EC0 in the 6th entry of the 3rd column. 0001.CPI/013DA9E0 matches 013DA9E0 in position 1 of the 3rd column etc.

If you watch it back and this is not the case and you get pauses at the gap points, all I can do is say sorry and suggest you try a different tool for performing the fixes or do them manually.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:20   #20  |  Link
shv

No the final screenshot is showing the result after first run of AVCHD version 1.2. I did never try to watch such movie but pressed APPLY again which means a 2nd run. I only wanted to give you some more information.

The version 1.4 seams to run much more stable.