Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 14th December 2015, 20:55   #1  |  Link
Floatingshed

AVISource problem

I have been capturing some old VHS tapes, to finally get rid of the nasty things. Mostly my own work that should exist somewhere on DigiBeta but nobody seems to know where!

Anyway. I have captured using HuffYUV at 720x576 with uncompressed audio.

When I play them in virtualdub I get green flashes and bursts of audio white noise. If I use DirectshowSource (and therefore ffdshow's built-in Huffyuv) its all lovely! This is windows 7 x64, but all 32bit avisynth/huffy stuff, I believe.

Anybody any clues?

Thanks.

Last edited by Floatingshed; 14th December 2015 at 22:01.
Floatingshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 23:10   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Tell me that you are not using HuffYUV v2.2.0 under VDub. (its broken).

Several version in here (usually used one is v2.2.1 32bit):-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5...ffYUV+2-1-1.7z

I'm not sure but think ffdshow modified/added functionality, perhaps not supported under HuffYUV proper.

EDIT: Converting to UT_Video via ffmpeg, batch file
Code:
setlocal

REM Where to Find ffmpeg
set FFMPEG="C:\BIN\ffmpeg.exe"

REM Where to get input file, No terminating Backslash, "." = current directory (ie same as dir .bat file)
set INDIR="."

REM Where to place output file, No terminating Backslash. "." would be same as .bat file
set OUTDIR="D:

FOR %%A IN (*.264 *.vob *.wmv *.mpg *.m2v *.avi *.flv *.mov *.mp4 *.m4v *.RAM *.RM *.mkv *.TS *.y4m *.yuv *.webm) DO (
  %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec utvideo -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

)

Pause

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th December 2015 at 23:14.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 10:01   #3  |  Link
Floatingshed

Actually its version 1.1, I have never had any problems with it before but thinking about it I don't think I've done this since win xp!
I wasn't aware of UTVideo, it seems rather good. Is there any reason not to use this to capture rather than Huffyuv? My test capture worked well. Thanks for the batch convert script, that will get me out of real-time re-capping of what I have!
Floatingshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 16:42   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

The zip has (I think) several versions of v2.1.1 (32/64), with multi-threaded version (although I see, not much/no difference on duel core, not supported in ffmpeg/vlc, as different FOURCC I think), and v2.1.1 ccesp-patch_0.2.5 (Cinemacraft). Source may/may not be included, dont recall.

I like UT_Video, especially for fast decode. Also might like to try MagicYUV, I cant use latest one for some reason (dont remember, needs either later OS
or more capable processor than I have). Also, dont underestimate the old Lagarith, I was astounded when converting WebCam caps with many dupes to
Lag codec, much smaller size due to Null Frames for the dupes (I just assumed that UT_Video and MagicYUV would do the same, they dont).

Some alternative lines for the batch file

Code:
REM Convert Video to forced RGB24 (ULRG) UT_Video Codec, audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
    %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec utvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

REM Convert Video to UT_Video Codec (YV24 and YV12 to ULY0, YUY2 to ULY2, RGB to ULRG), audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
REM     %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec utvideo -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

REM Convert Video to forced RGB24 HuffYUV Codec, audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
REM     %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec huffyuv -pix_fmt rgb24  -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

REM Convert Video to HuffYUV Codec (if YUV then YUY2, Else RGB), audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
REM     %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec huffyuv -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote