Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 6th January 2008, 19:35   #581  |  Link
jeffy

Merry Christmas, Alexander!
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 06:52   #582  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Hi Fizick,

a small bug regarding the source clip in MVTools functions, see this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...99#post1084799. Somehow it seems that they don't assume "last" as the source.

On my system, if I don't specify "last" in MVDegrain2, I usually get an unrecognized exception error when loading the script.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:16   #583  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

jeffy, thanks!

Boulder, it is known. the reason is more than one input clip (last and vectors). I do not know how to handle it.
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 00:39   #584  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Fizick, When can we expect an eta for mvtools 1.9... release ?
Terranigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 03:51   #585  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick
... it is known. the reason is more than one input clip (last and vectors). I do not know how to handle it.
You are running into a design short coming in the parser's handling of implicit Last.

Your MV filters typically declare an argument definition like "c[mvbw]c[mvfw]c...". This declares the filter requires at least 1 clip and optionally support upto 3, which is not really the case, the filter actually needs 3 clips.

The [...]'s make an argument optional and give it a name. Unfortunatly there is no syntax for named mandatory arguments.

To get correct implicit last processing you will have to give up the clip argument naming and use the form "ccc..."
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 16:39   #586  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

Terranigma, probably not before I merge this contribution
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...03#post1084103
and consider IanB's "ccc..." suggestion
Old 11th January 2008, 16:49   #587  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Oh ok, thanks for the answer. I think I found something with tritical's latest colormatrix; on one source I have, the whole video is green. I guess I should let tritical know about this, and ask for him to let me upload the video to somewhere, like a private server, so that he may check it.
Terranigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 11:23   #588  |  Link
Vesi

I want to learn how to great mask using MvMask. I tried alot, but it is some how complicated for me,

script:
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\Documents and Settings\vesi\Desktop\Test\test.d2v")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\mvtools.dll")
tfm(order=1).tdecimate(hybrid=3)
crop( 4, 60, -10, -56)

Spline36Resize(624,272) # Spline36 (Neutral)
FFT3DFILTER(sigma=2.1,bw=32,bh=32,ow=16,oh=16,bt=3, sharpen=0.8)

O. Now I don't know should i use MvMask before resizing and denoising or after?
Old 14th January 2008, 13:24   #589  |  Link
Didée

@ Vesi: what result or what operation are you trying to achieve? MVMask on its own doesn't do anything useful to the source. It just produces a mask, which then can be used to do different things.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 17:51   #590  |  Link
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
@ Vesi: what result or what operation are you trying to achieve? MVMask on its own doesn't do anything useful to the source. It just produces a mask, which then can be used to do different things.
how about a mask that varies based on detail found in source clip. So the more detail found in say an 8 x 8 block the more the mask will will not allow change in that 8 x 8 block. Then Vesi can use his

FFT3DFILTER(sigma=2.1,bw=32,bh=32,ow=16,oh=16,bt=3, sharpen=0.8)

and it will have most affect on non detailed areas like Walls and clear blue sky but leave detailed areas like grass alone.

or maybe an edge finder that masks out all non edges then you could sharpen just the edges to get some edge pop.
While you are at it how about an example of color masker so you can change all blue sky in some scene to sunset orange
Zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 20:55   #591  |  Link
Vesi

Didee; as i'm totaly noob to scripting, i have seen some rips to have some kind of mask, and i found in MvTools MvMask, and i thought i can do this with my normal script... with good sources or bad to use denoisers like fft3d, removegrain and degrainmedian and shrpner seesaw or lsf and creat a mask. i am sure i am wrong 90% but i have read the mvtools documentation, and that was honistly for me some advance work that i couldn't make it alone, and i asked here that how to do this for different type of source and why to creat mask on the rip?

if this post is out of topic, should i open a thread?
Old 15th January 2008, 10:13   #592  |  Link
krieger2005

Old Story: What are details? Noise? Noisy clouds are full of details . Didée wrote a longer text not only one time about this problem...

Last edited by krieger2005; 16th January 2008 at 10:11.
krieger2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 09:39   #593  |  Link
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger2005 View Post
Old Story: What are details? Noise? Noisy clouds are full of details . Dideé wrote a longer text not only one time about this problem...
This problem was for the most part solved a long time ago and many great papers have been written on this topic. Noise is mostly random where as detail is not. Even a non random pixel chess pattern mixed in that might be seen as detail spatially will not temporally. Detail will track across frames without much basic change so your cloud example is not as hard to deal with as you think.
Old 16th January 2008, 09:57   #594  |  Link
krieger2005

Think what you want to think. For me the problem is not solved and will not be solved until semantic recognation of images are implemented. Till then all great papers just describe a suboptimal solution where some work better (MV Tools) but most not. This is also the reason why you must do finetuning for every Filter available and the word 'best' is forbidden here.
krieger2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 10:05   #595  |  Link
Didée

It's easy to get excited when reading some papers. But usually there's a rude awakening following up. It's called "practice".

From your various hooray's and icandobetter's over the last days, we've heard only your speech, but didn't see any practice.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Old 17th January 2008, 13:00   #596  |  Link
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger2005 View Post
Think what you want to think. For me the problem is not solved and will not be solved until semantic recognation of images are implemented. Till then all great papers just describe a suboptimal solution where some work better (MV Tools) but most not. This is also the reason why you must do finetuning for every Filter available and the word 'best' is forbidden here.
I never said it was solved 100% the way you seem to imply I was saying lol Anyway, lets face it Hollywood is years ahead of everyone else and odds are has tricks that may never reach avisynth.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:29   #597  |  Link
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
It's easy to get excited when reading some papers. But usually there's a rude awakening following up. It's called "practice".

From your various hooray's and icandobetter's over the last days, we've heard only your speech, but didn't see any practice.
Oh please it was me that started the 300 grain thread and *asked for help* which you conveniently forgot lol here I will now be as sarcastic as you are being and say your scripts were a great starting point but I have moved on

note: as for "practice" my latest 300 encode is the best yet and it will get better and better because I have a lot to learn still.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:59   #598  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post
Oh please it was me that started the 300 grain thread and *asked for help* which you conveniently forgot lol here I will now be as sarcastic as you are being and say your scripts were a great starting point but I have moved on
If you call that sarcasm, you didn't experience yet when I'm really starting out.

But you're missing the point. There was a query for suggestions. I made a suggestion. I showed screenshots, offered a test encode, and, most importantly, showed the script that does the processing, and gave explanations about the how and why.

Now, you say you can get better results by more simple means. Sounds exciting, but there are no screenshots or samples to give an idea of how "better" does look like. Not to speak of a script that other people could try out, too.

So far you showed exactly nothing.

If I'd tell you I could turn lead into gold, you would not believe my bragging. You would ask for proof. There's no sarcasm in that.

Old 17th January 2008, 19:56   #599  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Is there any news of a possible MVtools 1.8.7 featuring MVDegrain3?
Sagekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 16:14   #600  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

no, it is 1.9.X series
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote