Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 10th May 2017, 14:01   #21821  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

I have Windows 10 creaters update - and no any issue with AC3/E-AC3/DTS/DTS-HD/True-HD spdif/bitstream hdmi output.
Old 10th May 2017, 15:08   #21822  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
I have Windows 10 creaters update - and no any issue with AC3/E-AC3/DTS/DTS-HD/True-HD spdif/bitstream hdmi output.
Do you have ATMOS height or ceiling speakers, does you AMP display the decoder information on the screen?
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 00:43   #21823  |  Link
IanD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Just to confirm, as madshi said, LAV only sends the image to the renderer, both eyes as separate images. Its all up to the renderer/player to convert it into a particular format for display. There is no bidirectional communication.
Does LAV send the 3D eye views as separate images in a standardised form that can be interpreted by subsequent directshow filters as regular video, such as 1920x1080 48fps interleaved, or does any following filter need to be written specially to interpret the incoming data?

I have tried connecting LAV Video Decoder to Ffdshow Raw Video filter, but it doesn't seem to interpret 3D as anything other than 1920x1080 24fps video.

Are there any other readily available directshow filters that can take the 3D output from LAV and simply interleave or even just stack it into a 1920x2160 window for display on a 4k passive 3D TV?
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 00:45   #21824  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Its a special format for 3D videos that contains both views separately, and a filter would have to be specifically adapted to support it. Nothing like that exists.
Old 12th May 2017, 01:23   #21825  |  Link
IanD

Quote:
Its a special format for 3D videos that contains both views separately, and a filter would have to be specifically adapted to support it. Nothing like that exists.
Unfortunate, but thanks for confirming that situation.

On a separate issue, I have noticed that LAV Video Decoder has undefeatable dithering with only the option to select ordered or random. Since MadVR has its own more advanced options for dithering, is it possible to disable LAV's dithering as I wouldn't think dithering an already dithered source would be desirable?
Old 12th May 2017, 01:27   #21826  |  Link
huhn

lavfilter output is bit perfect if possible.
if that is not the case and bit perfect output is impossible than it may use dither for conversation.

dithering is for example used in RGB output with YCbCr source but as long as you are not outputting RGB with lavfilter it is not doing that.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 04:26   #21827  |  Link
thrawnrulz68

Quote:
I added the RoQ Video format to LAV Video
Thanks!!

Is this in the nightly version 0.69.0-71? I don't see RoQ in the Video Decoder configuration for that version
thrawnrulz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 08:17   #21828  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Because it is mainly a container format. The contained video appears to be similar to MotionJPEG.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 10:15   #21829  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnrulz68 View Post
Thanks!!

Is this in the nightly version 0.69.0-71? I don't see RoQ in the Video Decoder configuration for that version
Not every minor format got a option, which means you just can't turn it off, but it still works.
Old 12th May 2017, 10:43   #21830  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
On a separate issue, I have noticed that LAV Video Decoder has undefeatable dithering with only the option to select ordered or random. Since MadVR has its own more advanced options for dithering, is it possible to disable LAV's dithering as I wouldn't think dithering an already dithered source would be desirable?
As huhn already said, LAV Video only dithers when it needs to, if it wouldn't that would deteriorate quality.

If you use madVR and don't mess with LAVs output format settings, then it'll generally never dither, since it can output bit-exact images.
Old 13th May 2017, 07:52   #21831  |  Link
IanD

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I suppose in theory it should be possible to also support a line alternative mode for 4K displays, which would then upscale the 1920x1080 left and right eye views to 3840x1080 (each) and then interleaves them to create a 3840x2160 line alternative view. This would be the most "native" 3D form the display would work with. I'm actually not sure what madVR does in line alternative mode if the output display mode is 4K. Have you tried that already? Maybe it already works? One thing is for sure, though: Sending 1920x2160 makes zero sense. That's neither a usual format, nor is it what your LG would natively display. If you want to keep the LG's internal processing at a minimum, you need to send 3840x2160 and not 1920x2160.
If output display mode is 4k, MadVR still only creates a 1920x1080 window containing 3D information (structured as SBS, Top/Bottom or Line Interleaved). When this window is enlarged to full screen, I suspect it is simply scaling the 1920x1080 window to 3840x2160 because the 3D image looks a bit soft and especially in Line Interleaved mode it pains the eyes to look at (presumably because the independent left and right eye views have now been scaled to cross both polariser strips on the display).

If you want to be pedantic, sending 1920x2160 (line interleaved 3D) to a window on the display will not provide the proper aspect ratio and retain the 3D nature of the source, but then neither does sending 3840x2160 because the window frame makes scaling necessary which undoes the line interleaved 3D registration anyway. The only way to properly view such 3D is in fullscreen mode. I have only mentioned 1920x2160 because that is the bound of the data when you interleave the left and right eye 1920x1080 views.

If you could see your way to providing a 4k 3D option that simply interleaves the unmodified left and right eye views (or stacks them horizontally or vertically depending on output mode) and utilises fullscreen scaling to create the proper aspect ratio, those of us with 4k passive 3D displays would be appreciative. Since processing is minimal, it should also lower display render times.

Last edited by IanD; 13th May 2017 at 07:57.
Old 13th May 2017, 16:45   #21832  |  Link
thrawnrulz68

Hey nevcairiel,

I've been looking through the list of supported types in the splitter and testing some file types located at the ffmpeg archive. I've been having trouble getting the following types to play:

Yamaha SMAF - http://samples.ffmpeg.org/A-codecs/suite/MMF/ - will not play; is listed in LAV splitter

Also, the following types appear to be working in the splitter but, like ROQ before it was fixed, they all seem to have a standard codec that is used which is NOT supported in LAV:

Microsoft XMV - http://samples.ffmpeg.org/game-formats/xmv/ - the audio plays but the video codec for all the files has the FOURCC of 2VMW which will not play.
Commodore CDXL Video - http://samples.ffmpeg.org/game-formats/cdxl/ - audio plays but the CDXL video does not. Is it possible to add support?
Wing Commander III Movie - http://samples.ffmpeg.org/game-formats/wc3-mve/ - audio plays but FOURCC WC3V does not appear to be supported.

Is it possible to add these?
thrawnrulz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 14:25   #21833  |  Link
max79

Support request - #13

to nevcairiel:
Problem with LAV Splitter Source. I have error message: E_FAIL (0x80004005) in GraphEdit if playback this MP3-file that have built in chapters(like in .CUE-files) as live-stream:
http://www.electromixes.com/zik/electromix_v118.mp3

p.s. If i use "FileSource(URL)+LAVSpltter" i didn't have such problem.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by max79; 17th May 2017 at 14:28.
max79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 11:24   #21834  |  Link
Artofeel

Quote:
so that why I can't play 3D with LAV in Stereoscopic Player?
it expects two streams, but LAV gives one...

can you just split it in two streams? Option maybe?

also there is no 3D at all in new versions (from LAVFilters-0.69-45-av1_test30-git-r3851)

LAVFilters-0.69-av1_test15-git-r3806(42b9649)

LAVFilters-0.69-76-av1_test31-git-r3882(f72d508)
Attached Images

Last edited by Artofeel; 19th May 2017 at 11:52.
Artofeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 11:55   #21835  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I do not plan to offer alternate 3D transport modes, using 2 streams is inherently inferior since it requires manual synchronization, instead of just getting both views in one stream. Also, I cannot offer any support for modified custom builds.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 19th May 2017 at 12:48.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 16:54   #21836  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
I do not plan to offer alternate 3D transport modes, using 2 streams is inherently inferior since it requires manual synchronization, instead of just getting both views in one stream. Also, I cannot offer any support for modified custom builds.
since we are talking about modified custom builds "tmod" Is there any particular reason why you didn't use it this as patch/pull for vanilla builds ?
Old 19th May 2017, 17:03   #21837  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
since we are talking about modified custom builds "tmod" Is there any particular reason why you didn't use it this as patch/pull for vanilla builds ?
I can only review or comment on patches if they are submitted to me.
I'm not spending my little time on trolling the web for any changes someone made without the slightest attempt of submitting them to me.

But since you mentioned this set specifically I looked it up, and not one of the patches in there is something I would apply without serious questioning.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 19th May 2017 at 17:09.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 22:26   #21838  |  Link
Budtz

I an using latest nightly.

In hdr files using cuvid madvr says unknown properties with reagrd to hdr. With dxva it corectly converts the content.
Old 19th May 2017, 22:28   #21839  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budtz View Post
I an using latest nightly.

In hdr files using cuvid madvr says unknown properties with reagrd to hdr. With dxva it corectly converts the content.
You just answered your own question, didnt you? Use DXVA.
CUVID doesn't support a bunch of things, including HDR metadata, and thats unlikely to change, since the NVIDIA API doesn't export that data.

I have said this in the past - DXVA2 Copy-Back should generally be preferred over CUVID.
Old 20th May 2017, 13:10   #21840  |  Link
Artofeel

Quote:
I do not plan to offer alternate 3D transport modes, using 2 streams is inherently inferior since it requires manual synchronization, instead of just getting both views in one stream
fine then
anyway what this format IS, name? it's not field\frame separated, so then how?
and it's normal that LAV doesn't play Subset MVC (MEDIASUBTYPE_EMVC) ?
it's listed here but it's not working
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFil...es/moreuuids.h
*using latest nightly build
Artofeel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter