Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 13th July 2004, 00:54   #1  |  Link
Yayita

NM4U and IFO updating

I apologize for polluting this expert forum withmy newby doubts.

When I use NM4U I get a "file allocation error" when burning with Nero. This, as you know means there is a authoring error. Although the created project plays fine in the PC, ignoring the error ends with an unplayable disc (at least in my player I am sure there are more forgiving players that may play DVDs with minor authoring bugs), as I painfully confirmed.

I love what NM4U does, so I want to make it work. I believe I may be making a mistake at the IFO update final stage. The error may be because you end up with 3 ifo files: 1) the original 2) the one from scenarist authoring the reencoded menus NM4U 3) the ifo from scenarist authoring of the main movie.

Do I have to apply ifo update to the new menus left in the VTS folder, before a second update with the reauthored main movie?

Is anybody aware of authoring pitfalls using NM4U.

I appreciate your help, and to the authors:

You guys $#@$% Rock!!!!!
Yayita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 08:22   #2  |  Link
Zeul

@Yayita

Procedure:

BEFORE any updating make sure your VIDEO_TS folder contains all the menu files, and any unprocessed VTS's from DIF4U. With NuMenu4u, the menu vobs and ifo's will be transferred into the VIDEO_TS folder, if copy remaining files is checked in Default. After processing the menus with Scenarist, these ifo's become the new 'main' ifos's. If you have selected full automation then this will be done for you. Your VIDEO_TS folder should look similiar to:

Video_TS.VOB
Video_TS.IFO
Video_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_02_0.IFO
VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0.VOB
etc, etc
Notice NO title VOBs (*_1.VOB) only menu vobs (*_0.VOB)

Run DIF4U as normal (make sure copy menu files is unselected)

Scenarist the main movie.

You now need to update the ifos (they have already been updated for the menus)
Original IFO is the one in the 'new' VIDEO_TS folder NOT the one from the mounted image
Authored IFO is the one in the scenarist folder of the main movie/extras ****/0/VIDEO_TS/***_0.IFO

Copy over the new authored VOBs into the VIDEO_TS folder containing the menu VOBs. ONLY move the VOBs that pertain to the VTS's you processed in DIF4U. ie if you chose to reauthor VTS1 and VTS5 then copy over all of the VOBs relating to VTS1 & 5, eg:
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_05_1.VOB

NB do not copy over the VTS_01_0.VOB or VTS_05_0.VOB

Thats it
Create an iso of the VIDEO_TS folder with imagetool and burn the DVD with dvddecrypter, NOT Nero.
Zeul is offline   Reply With Quote