Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 25th April 2004, 18:51   #1  |  Link
imbecile

the big 3, 1 problem and several questions

Hi

first of all, thanks for everything
i have looked up so much on doom9 the last years and it also was where i learned to do my own svcd rips

anyhow, now i tried to backup a dvd and noticed how clueless i really am. honestly i dont understand much of all this, i just stick to the guides and try my best.

to cut a long story short, i'd appreciate some help with the following issues:

I used http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ra-guide.htm to proceed.

the "first time preparations" and the "preparations" were no problem (besides of the fact that in my dc4u the settings "cce timer interval" and "open dialogue "open" button text" like shown here

do not exist.)

Step 2 Demultiplexing

though the dvd i tried with (good bye lenin - pal) is a bit confusing (4 audio streams and 5 subtitles and all are german. the audio streams are clear, "usual", vi, dc and adc. but im not sure about the subtitles since there are 5 and even one for hearing impaired ppl) i understood the basics here, but i still had to do some settings by guessing...

1st question:

Can i use autodect nstc videotype on a pal dvd or not? the guide says in case i know if the frame type is interlaced or not i can make this setting manually. do i have to check for the frame typ by hand (e.g. using bitrate viewer with a ripped vob)?

2nd question:

i gotta admit i dont know what to do with the subtitle settings in doitfastfor4. i just let the "vobsub rpg" checked and ignored the rest. seemed reasonable to me. if im mistaken, plz tell me

3rd question:

demux by vobid or not

though i read the example with the austin powers2 dvd i have to say this was too much for me. i think i can use demuxing by vobid id on my dvd but i honestly did not understand how the vobids link content on the dvd and in how far it influences the decision if i have to use it or not.
you may have a look at them here (main) and here (VTS3) .

This is what i have done so far, then i pressed "do it" and now to my prob. it has successfully ripped the vobs and subtitles i think, reauthorist loaded but nothing happened. i could not choose between any vts sets (the path was right). so i browsed to the path again manually and it said it did not find any matching files. the reauthorist log could not help me, but im sure you instanstly see what went wrong / which files are missing.

see here

edit: i forgot one thing: when dvd2avi loaded the screen stayed black and the fields in the statistic window werent filled (Only pal and the bitrate was in already). dunno if thats normal or not but i wanted to mention it in case it has something to do with the prob.

thanks in advance
imbecile

Last edited by imbecile; 25th April 2004 at 19:10.
imbecile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2004, 05:56   #2  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

hi and welcome to the forum

try this guide instead

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/scenaid.htm

it has updated screen shots

and it should answer your questions

that dvd looks like you should NOT process by vobid

dvd2avi just appearing black is normal
Old 26th April 2004, 14:57   #3  |  Link
imbecile

hi

thanks for your reply

i looked over the newer guide. it seems like it is referring to version 1.4.7 of doitfast4u which is only for vips/donaters...

so i think i cannot follow this one since i cant even choose to use sceneaid in the extern app settings in the 1.4 final and a couple of other settings differ, too.

im gonna try my luck again with the older one, though i dont really know how to fix my problem

thanks anyway
Old 26th April 2004, 17:04   #4  |  Link
smokeslikeapoet
Born to Rip

As I am a poor college student who has no money to donate to DIF4U, I too have yet to upgrade DIF4U. No worries though. All you have to do is Uncheck all items in Post Processing > Launch external App. Then open BatchCCEWS manually and import the script, File > Load File List, then open CCEData.txt in your rip directory. Once BCCEWS is finished launch SceneAid manually and point it to your rip directory. This will get you by until you are able to donate or 1.4.7 is available to us freeloaders.

When wrestling alligators the gator only has to win once.
Read my Adventures In HDTV Capture Blog.
smokeslikeapoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2004, 17:18   #5  |  Link
imbecile

hehe thanks

i would have no problem with donating, 15 dollars is nothing compared to the dvds i should be able to copy then. but thats the point: how can i be sure i will get it to work then (as a noob)
Old 26th April 2004, 17:55   #6  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

I learned on 1.4.0 or the version before that (i forget) and the ra_guide.htm. so it can be done. although doesnt hurt that ive been using scenarist and cce for years.

the problem is you demuxed by vobid.. reauthorist does not support that(as i said earlier, your title doesnt appear to need it). you must redo the doitfast4u step and turn vobid off.
Old 26th April 2004, 18:50   #7  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Or Skip RA and use ScenAid
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote