Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 29th March 2003, 17:13   #1  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

2 little bugs.

hi,

2 little bugs

with lame_enc.dll u cant use the VBR Mp3 preset and the limitation of the bitrate for exemple : with :

-lame( --alt-preset standard -B 128 )
u have and error :
Error 47: Error with LAME dll!
Quiting...

'--------- full log
BeSweet v1.5b16 by DSPguru.
--------------------------
Using hip.dll v1.18 by Myers Carpenter <myers@users.sf.net>
Using lame_enc.dll v1.29 (28/6/2002), Engine 3.93 <http://www.mp3dev.org/>.

Logging start : 03/29/03 , 17:13:41.

D:\AUTODI~1\BESWEE~2\Besweet\Besweet.exe -core( -input H:\Raspoutine\Out.mpa -output H:\RASPOU~2\Stream1.mp3 -logfilea C:\Audio_Stream.log ) -lame( --alt-preset standard -B 200 )

[00:00:00:000] +------- BeSweet -----
[00:00:00:000] | Input : H:\Raspoutine\Out.mpa
[00:00:00:000] | Output: H:\RASPOU~2\Stream1.mp3
[00:00:00:000] | Floating-Point Process: Yes
Error 47: Error with LAME dll!
Quiting...
[00:00:00:000] Conversion Completed !
Logging ends : 03/29/03 , 17:13:41.
'----------------

and there is too a problem with the space name for exemple if u have a directory :

"c:\Winfast toto"

if u try to encode a file (even with quote in the name the output file will be :

[00:00:00:000] | Output: H:\Winfast

and of course there is still the problem with the lame_enc at ABR bitrate (it's an old post with the bug detection).
and still unsolved libvorbis.dll bug (also an old post with the report of this bug.)

Ps: could u try to add the possibility to get the time left for the encoding process and the % of encoded audio. and could u avaid your switch (-lame -core -ota ...) were keysensitive.

Thank u
Bye.

AutoDub v1.8 : Divx3/4/5 & Xvid Video codec and .OGG/.MP3/.AC3/.WMA audio codec.
AutoRV10 v1.0 : Use RealVideo 10 Codec and support 2 Audio Streams and Subtitles.

Dark-Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2003, 04:49   #2  |  Link
pacohaas
Audio Moderator

what is that -B 200 in your lame() section there for? First, that's a non-standard bitrate, 2nd, limiting LAME in this way will only decrease your quality, and not save you much space. There are much better ways to save space. Try it without the -B 200 and see if that works.

also, where is your input file coming from? what format is it?
Old 31st March 2003, 08:25   #3  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

hi,

i have only do a quick tests in order to post a log file, but i have made alot of tests before with other "standard" bitrate (but lame work with all manual value for the bitrate). the -B is to limit the max bitrate, normaly even if u use presets u could use max and min bitrate, but it seems this option was not always supported by lame_enc.dll. i have tested with different version of lame_enc.dll i have found a version that work well with preset and limitation of the bitrate but if i use cbr 96kbps it will always create a cbr 128 kbps file.
IMHO a limitation on the bitrate doesn't influate too much on the quality and it avoid to have oversized file.

Ps: my input file is .mpa (mpeg2 file) come from a dvd, also tested with .ac3 file and same problem.

There is a lot of problem with this dll, problem with presets + limitation of the bitrate. problem with the abr under 77 kbps.
here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41429

i hope dspguru will find the time to solve these problems

Ps2: still a problem with libvorbis and OGG 6ch.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41946

Bye.

AutoDub v1.8 : Divx3/4/5 & Xvid Video codec and .OGG/.MP3/.AC3/.WMA audio codec.
AutoRV10 v1.0 : Use RealVideo 10 Codec and support 2 Audio Streams and Subtitles.

Dark-Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote