Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 23rd December 2002, 21:35   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Lilo and Stitch R1 Revisited- Merry X-mas from Hawaii!

Okay, who's been naughty or nice this year? Redid my Lilo and Stitch cheat sheets just in time for Santa to deliver. I hope everything works out for you.

Again, I do my cheat sheets for people who have minumum experience in ifoedit.

Update: 1/20/2003 – Cheat sheet has been revamped for easier understanding.

Lilo and Stitch (No split/Disk 1 and 2)
Courtesy of 2CL

FINAL PRODUCT DESCRIPTON:
Disk 1:
Full movie w/ menu
No Bonus Materials and Sneak Peaks
No FBI warnings

Disk 2:
Menu
Bonus Materials and Sneaks Peaks
No FBI Warnings

Tools I used:
1. Smartripper 2.41
2. Ifoedit 0.95
3. Imgtool 0.99.5 used with Nero 5.5.9.17 API
4. Nero 5.5.9.17

Disk 1 (Full movie with menu)
________________________________________________________________________________
1. Create a folder named “L&S Disk 1” and two sub-folders named “Files”, and “L&S Disk 2”.
________________________________________________________________________________
2. Rip all files to “L&S Disk 1” folder.
3. Region Free every IFO and save.
4. Get VTS Sectors.
5. Backup all IFOs to your “Files” subfolder. If you need to copy your original IFO over your badly edited one, get VTS Sector afterwards.
6. Copy VIDEO_TS.* and VTS_01_0.& to “L&S Disk 2”. We’ll need the originals for disk 2 if you want the Bonus Materials.

Edit:

Also, cut VTS_02_* to VTS_10_* from “L&S Disk 1” folder to “L&S Disk 2” sub-folder. These are your Bonus Material and Sneak Peeks files.
7. In VIDEO_TS.IFO / First Play PGC / PGC Command Table and edit.

OLD > 7. Pre Command..(JumpSS VMGM) Jump to VMG PGC: 8................................[30 06 00 08 00 C0 00 00]
NEW > 7. Pre Command..(JumpSS VTSM) Jump to TitleSet(vts):1 Title(ttn): 1, root-menu..[30 06 00 01 01 83 00 00]

Translation: When DVD is inserted, it goes to main menu. You will bypassing the FBI warnings (Title 6), Walt Disney pictures logo (Title 5) and all those annoying previews (Title 8).
8. In VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMGM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu 4 / PGC Command Table, edit

OLD > 6. Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title 4...........[ 30 02 00 00 00 04 00 00 ]
NEW > 6. Pre Command...(JumpTT) Jump to Title 1...........[ 30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 ]

Translation: When play button is pressed in main menu, Walt Disney DVD logo with Tinkerbell and THX screen will be bypassed and you will go straight into movie (Title 1).
9. Save VIDEO_TS.IFO
10. Get VTS sectors.
11. In VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_22 / PGC Command Table, there is no pre-command to edit but we need one so double-click on “Number of Pre commands” and enter 1. Refresh by clicking on another PGC-Menu and then clicking on PGC-Menu 22 again.
12. Being back inside VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_22 / PGC Command Table , edit

OLD > 1. Pre Command...(LinkPGCN) Link PGC 10............[ 20 04 00 00 00 00 00 0a]
NEW > 1. Pre Command...(LinkPGCN) Link PGC 2.............[ 20 04 00 00 00 00 00 02]

Translation: Bonus Materials Menu is disabled.
13. Repeat step 10 and 11 with VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_23

Translation: Sneak Peeks Menu is disabled.
14. Save VTS_01_0.IFO
15. Get VTS Sectors
16. Preview and Test
17. That’s it for Disk 1. Look in step 28 for my working burning instructions

DISK 2 (Bonus materials and Sneak peeks with menu only)

18. Cut/drag VTS_02_* to VTS_10_* from “L&S Disk 1” folder to “L&S Disk 2” sub-folder. These are your Bonus Material and Sneak Peeks files.
19. In VIDEO_TS.IFO/First Play PGC/PGC Command Table and edit.

OLD > 7. Pre Command (JumpSS VMGM) Jump to VMG PGC: 8 [ 30 06 00 08 00 C0 00 00 ]
NEW > 7..Pre Command (JumpSS VTSM) Jump to TitleSet(vts):1 Title(ttn): 1, root-menu [ 30 06 00 01 01 83 00 00 ]

Translation: When DVD is inserted, it goes to main menu. You will bypassing the FBI warnings (Title 6), Walt Disney pictures logo (Title 5) and all those annoying previews (Title 8).
20. Save VIDEO_TS.IFO
21. In VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu 20 / PGC Command Table, there is no pre-commands to edit but we need one so double-click on “Number of Pre commands” and enter 1. Refresh by clicking on another PGC-Menu and then clicking on PGC-Menu 20 again.
22. Back inside PGC-Menu 20, edit

NEW > 1..Pre Command (LinkPGCN) Link PGC 1 [ 20 04 00 00 00 00 00 01]

Translation: Scene Selection is disabled.
23. Repeat steps 21 & 22 with VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_13 & PGC-Menu _21 .

Translation: Disabled movie play and setup menu respectively
24. Save VTS_01_0.IFO
25. Get VTS Sectors
26. Preview and Test
27. That’’s it for Disk 2.

Burning Lilo and Stitch

28. I prefer to do two options.

a) Burn Disks 1 and and 2 in Imgtool 0.99.5. Uncheck "Reallocate VIDEO_TS structure". In Burn DVD section, select your folder and in Volume, enter “Lilo_and_Stitch”. Click on the burn icon and there you have it.

b) Create image of Disks 1 and 2 using Imgtool 0.99.5 with “Reallocation VIDEO_TS structure” unchecked. Burn your img files in Nero 5.5.9.17.

Last edited by 2COOL; 29th August 2003 at 07:23.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2002, 19:58   #2  |  Link
2COOL

...Bumpity bump bump, Santa's on his way...
Old 24th December 2002, 20:15   #3  |  Link
gnutellafan

2cool, the name says it all :-)

Your guides are just about as clear as they can get.

Only one question, if I want the disk to start at the movie, instead of the menu, what should I edit the 1st play to.

Thanks again,
GF
Old 24th December 2002, 22:44   #4  |  Link
2COOL

gnutellafan,

Simple.

Changes in video_ts.ifo:
a) In VMGM_MAT/First Play PGC…
edit pre-command #7 as (JumpTT) Jump to Title:1 [ 30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 ] .
Old 26th December 2002, 04:36   #5  |  Link
gnutellafan

Thanks,
2cool, any chance you could take some time and explain how you figure out what goes with what (how to deactivate the buttons, ect).

Also, If you have any other guides you want to right out they are quite a resource and would be greatly appreciated. Im about to do spiderman.
Old 26th December 2002, 05:17   #6  |  Link
2COOL

gnutellafan,

I don't have one yet but one day , i'll try to come up with one. All my notes are like graffiti on my scratchpad. Not all DVDs are authored the same and I must become one with the DVD navigation matrix to figure it out. Some times I have to trial and error.

I always tell myself "What can be authored...can also be de-authored".
Old 26th December 2002, 17:28   #7  |  Link
gnutellafan

2cool, a guide would be great. I just really want to know how you go about "becoming one with the DVD navigation" It is all quite confusing, since, as you mentioned, no 2 dvds are authored the same.

BTW, my DVDs now work on my xbox. I finally got imgtool .89 to work and burned w/ dvd decrytor. For some reason though the DVDs wont read in my computer after I burn them.
Old 26th December 2002, 19:29   #8  |  Link
Spirit UK

How do you know what each PGC-MENU_XX does ? I'm doing the menu to Superman 2 R1, i've got the menu to boot by following the above guide, a big help by the way, thanks, but can't seem to disable "Special Features" and "Languages".

Looking in VTSM_PGCI_UT I have 8 PGC-MENU_X files what do I look for?

In your example you use PGC-MENU_22 for bonus material but how do you know this?

Cheers

Spirit UK

Last edited by Spirit UK; 26th December 2002 at 20:01.
Spirit UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2003, 08:47   #9  |  Link
Luc2010

Thanx for the guide...but what if I wanted to demux the movie to just a m2v and ac3 file? Could I still use the original menu and chapters if I used chapter extractor and then I dunno if u could import the chp or txt files to ifoedit?? Then compile and what would you have to edit to make sure it only clicks on the movie when you select it and make sure when you select something else it doesn't do anything cause you ripped it just to fit on a one DVD? Because alot of movies will fit on a dvdr when u demux them but then when u rip the the vob files and take out everything it just doesn't seem to be that less of size as compared to when it is demuxed? Take example Reign of Fire, it is 5.9 GBs. When ripped of all of the junk, it is 5.1 GBs. But when you demux it, it is 4.1 or 4.2 GBs. I would like to learn how to edit the IFO file so I could compile a new one with the original movie...am I asking for a lot of work if I go about doin this??
thanx any replies would be helpful!
Luc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2003, 23:34   #10  |  Link
mikewillnot

Well, 2COOL, here's me again, working on the same movie you've already done a great sheet on. Meantime I've been learning my way around the menu system, becoming .5 with the matrix, if nothing else. Of considerable use, BTW, has been menuedit, on films where the matrix is foggy. I haven't begun my backup of L&S yet, but reviewing your procedure, i have a question. The key step that reduces Disc 1 to single-disc size is in step 18, actually under Disc 2, and after the final "get sectors" step on disc 1. That seemed curious, as I only want to backup the movie, and am skipping Disc 2. I assume that if one only wanted the movie, one could skip ripping those files in the first place (although this might not work with all movies)?

added: nice guide, btw. worked like a charm. Did it w/o ripping the extra files.

Last edited by mikewillnot; 26th April 2003 at 02:20.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote