Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th January 2005, 21:12   #141  |  Link
Sergejack
Confused User

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
ok thats enough...
you asked for the same in the container forum, you dont want to read and understand my answer there, you dont want to read my mp4 faq to find out how to play .mp4 files (altough you posted there) and now you ask again for illegal stuff

striked for rule 6
I read your FAQ, it didn't help, I don't want any thirdparty player, I just want the decoder, and I don't have any idea what you'r talking about "illegal stuff".

I download 3ivx and installed it and I installed the raw ACC parser too, but still it doesn't display.
I also have the last Nero media player.

Don't blame me 'cause I didn't spend my all life here and I may have miss some basical your not even talking about in your FAQ.
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2005, 21:22   #142  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally posted by Sergejack
I read your FAQ, it didn't help, I don't want any thirdparty player, I just want the decoder, and I don't have any idea what you'r talking about "illegal stuff".
Quote:
Can I have a link to the Directshow binaries decoders for video and audio, pls ?
Since Nero doesn't make these available for download, asking for them here is a bit inapropriate, don't you think? Especially since representatives from Nero are reading this forum... *hint* *hint*

np: Iwasaki Taku - Let My Tears Stream (R.O.D The TV Original Soundtrack 1)
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2005, 21:29   #143  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

I take it you read this bit from bonds FAQ: -

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 9th January 2005 at 21:32.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2005, 21:35   #144  |  Link
Sergejack
Confused User

May I suggest an option in the GUI of sex264 to save different profiles ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Leak
Since Nero doesn't make these available for download, asking for them here is a bit inapropriate, don't you think? Especially since representatives from Nero are reading this forum... *hint* *hint*

np: Iwasaki Taku - Let My Tears Stream (R.O.D The TV Original Soundtrack 1)
So Recode2 is a Nero product ?
Weren't we taling about sex264 ?

Last edited by Sergejack; 9th January 2005 at 21:45.
Old 9th January 2005, 22:38   #145  |  Link
Koepi

^Yes, and sex264 doesn't use mp4 as container.

So get your container issue sorted out (it's described even in this very thread i think) and then use celtic druids latest ffdshow (also linked to in this thread very often). (I.e. 3ivx mp4 splitter and ffdshow h264 decoder.)

It's not too much to ask from you to read the posts at least before starting flaming and complaining.

Koepi
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2005, 22:53   #146  |  Link
Sergejack
Confused User

Quote:
Originally posted by Koepi
^Yes, and sex264 doesn't use mp4 as container.

So get your container issue sorted out (it's described even in this very thread i think) and then use celtic druids latest ffdshow (also linked to in this thread very often). (I.e. 3ivx mp4 splitter and ffdshow h264 decoder.)

It's not too much to ask from you to read the posts at least before starting flaming and complaining.

Koepi
I did do all of that before "flaming and complaining".
The question is "What does that Recode2 sample wich I can't render have to do with all of that ?"
Old 9th January 2005, 23:08   #147  |  Link
bond

he asked for "noone knows what" filters to be available seperated from official packages to play avc-in-mp4
he got my answer that the links are there, he could also use search and that its illegal to provide commercial filters seperated from their original packages (especially nero as its payware)
he meant he also, quoting someone else, didnt find the answer for how to play avc-in-mp4 files, after he got my answer and after he posted the first question in the mp4 faq, which clearly says how you can do it
he asked for the nero filters seperated from the official packages, pointing to a nero encoded .mp4

but of course he was talking about x264...

to make it short: do not feed the trolls

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 05:54   #148  |  Link
IgorC

where can i get gui? there is nothing http://celticdruid.no-ip.com/xvid/mplayer/

iīm trying syskin x264
same situation here .Visual blocks are at wrong places.
x264 use more CPU than Nero AVC (maybe because of unoptim. ffdshow decoding)
bframes donīt work properly. more than 1 bframe brings visual bug, but itīs possible to notice how it increase a quality.
IgorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 11:26   #149  |  Link
Ark
Aikidoka

I tested more for this blocking issue, and saw that it only happen with 2-pass encodings, with 1-pass fixed quantizer i can set 1, 2 or 3 b-frames and it's all perfect!
Old 10th January 2005, 13:29   #150  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ark
I tested more for this blocking issue, and saw that it only happen with 2-pass encodings, with 1-pass fixed quantizer i can set 1, 2 or 3 b-frames and it's all perfect!
I also have blocking with b-frames. Only when I choose 0 b-frames itīs ok. But would be nice to have b-frames support

Joe
------------------------
freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose
JoeBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 13:33   #151  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ark
Can't we use sex264 as a decoder instead of ffdshow? It should supports itself...
Old 10th January 2005, 13:49   #152  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally posted by IgorC
where can i get gui? there is nothing http://celticdruid.no-ip.com/xvid/mplayer/
sex264 is a vfw wrapper for the x264 video encoder. another different wrapper is mencoder, which you can find via the link you pointed to

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirber
Can't we use sex264 as a decoder instead of ffdshow? It should supports itself...
whats wrong with installing ffdshow?
x264 doesnt include a decoder (of course encoder and decoder doesnt need to be combined or offered together when we are talking about an open standard (like mpeg-4), as all decoders following the standard should decode the stream). still x264 has a decoder, but its very weak
also when you look at aku's additions to ffmpeg's avc decoder, it can be seen as "x264's decoder"

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 14:58   #153  |  Link
Ark
Aikidoka

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeBGermany
I also have blocking with b-frames. Only when I choose 0 b-frames itīs ok. But would be nice to have b-frames support
Actually what i meant is that b-frames (1,2,3 or whatever) seems to be well supported, but only in 1-pass mode.
In fact in 2-pass mode they show the blocking issue i mentioned some posts ago (i also attached a screenshot), that it's not the usual blocking caused by too low bitrate, but a wrong allocation of macroblocks (i think...), they seems like a puzzle with pieces in the wrong place...
Old 10th January 2005, 15:00   #154  |  Link
sysKin

round one finished!

Hi,
I'm glad to tell you that whole VfW code, as you've seen it yesterday plus two other changes, made it into x264's repository.

Changelog:
- removed subpixel refinement 0, as core doesn't support it anymore (thanks virus)
- changed x264's homepage to "the real one" (thanks virus)

At this moment, I concider sex264 round one closed. My next goal is to start hacking the core, and I will open sex264 round two to let you have fun with whatever bugs I invent.

The result of round one (ie the same x264 that is in CVS, revision 89) can be downloaded from the usual place http://syskin.is.dreaming.org/x264/

Thank you everyone for your time spent on testing and discussing this vfw library

Radek
Old 10th January 2005, 15:41   #155  |  Link
chilledoutuk

I encoded a music video with this codec but I noticed black blocks apearing on the video when the camera zooms out very fast.

here is a clip of the encode where the blocks can be seen
http://www.aoul98.dsl.pipex.com/rachel clip.avi

Here is a clip from the source mpeg2 ts.
http://www.aoul98.dsl.pipex.com/source.mpg

these are the settings used

When I'm good I'm very, very good but when I'm bad I'm better.
chilledoutuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 20:10   #156  |  Link
IgorC

by default 4x8 8x4 4x4 P frames turned off. what does it mean?
has it some problem or it too slow thatīs why is turned off.

untill now i didnīt notice visual bug of this oprtions maybe becuase of others like Bframes
IgorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 20:28   #157  |  Link
akupenguin
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally posted by IgorC
by default 4x8 8x4 4x4 P frames turned off. what does it mean?
They used to reduce compression on some sources, but that should be fixed now. I just haven't rebenchmarked them to decide if they're always worth the speed cost. (It's not too slow, but they don't usually have a huge effect either.)
akupenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 17:34   #158  |  Link
CruNcher

@chilledoutuk
known skip problem its being worked on

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 23:43   #159  |  Link
Sergejack
Confused User

What does the "Every '1' th INTRA becomes a keyframe" ?
Isn't '1' meaning that each INTRA will be uncompressed ? (EDIT : I'm talking about a temporal compression here of course)
Because if that's trhe case, maybe '1' isn't a good choice for high compression.

Last edited by Sergejack; 11th January 2005 at 23:46.
Old 11th January 2005, 23:57   #160  |  Link
stephanV
gone

Intra frames are not uncompressed although they do tend to take up more space then a P or B frame. Anyway, in H.264 i-frames are not necessarily keyframes as with the multiple references a p-frame after that i-frame can refernce to a p-frame before it. Seeking from that i-frame is therefor impossible. To solve this a new frame type was introduced called an IDR frame. P frames after an IDR-frame are not allowed to reference a frame before the IDR frame, even if multiple references are used. Therefor, IDR frames can be used as seeking points.

Forcing every intra frame to become a keyframe will ensure that when a codec decides to insert an I-frame it is in fact an IDR-frame. This improves seekability of the file, while giving up a little bit of quality.
stephanV is offline   Reply With Quote