Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 23rd October 2004, 05:38   #261  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@jsoto

I was looking over your Help contents and it seems you have dialog fields defined but not its action buttons. A total newbie might be looking for these.
Old 25th October 2004, 00:07   #262  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Vers 1.5.0.7 (24-10-2004)
BugFix: Clear to zero offsets to program, playback and position tables when deleting playback.
BugFix: Replacing cells did not take into account the VTS. Reported by 2COOL
BugFix: Crash if no room in TMAPTI. Reported by sweetness

There are also some reported bugs in cutting function, but I need to find time to fix them.

jsoto

PS: BTW, I've released two additional little tools: PgcDemux and CutFile.
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2004, 07:08   #263  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Many thanks jsoto.

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2004, 18:30   #264  |  Link
voo_doo99

Context menu support

@jsoto,

When I right-clicked on the VIDEO_TS.IFO and selected VobBlanker to open the DVD file set, it gave me the error "No input file". IFoedit and PgcEdit both support the context menu, can you add this feature to VobBlanker?.

Thanks.
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2004, 19:38   #265  |  Link
Tobii

Thanks for your great work, jsoto !

PgcDemux, nice tool ... Many thanks.
Tobii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2004, 21:15   #266  |  Link
2COOL

@jsoto

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
If my output folder is the same as my input folder, I get an error.

Input error: Reached end of VOB to early

I think you should put a check to see that both folders are not to same to avoid this.
Remember this? I suggest you make the input and output folder just read-only. If I inputted my output path manually, I get the Input error above again.

Input folder: C:\MOVIE\VIDEO_TS.IFO
Output folder: C:\MOVIE\
Old 25th October 2004, 22:13   #267  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

I use jsotos quick method with the .ini file. It is very good and I never get into problems. Just specify in the [General] section the input and output folder names and bring up the project with File - Open Project.

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2004, 22:43   #268  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Quote:
IFoedit and PgcEdit both support the context menu, can you add this feature to VobBlanker?.
I've to learn how to do this, but seem useful. I'll try.
Quote:
Remember this? I suggest you make the input and output folder just read-only. If I inputted my output path manually, I get the Input error above again.
Grr, I didn't test this case... I'll fix it
Old 26th October 2004, 08:32   #269  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

I'm in the process of adding new subtitles to a movie. I have demuxed audio, subtitle and video streams in the main VTS and then re-authored the streams, including the extra .sup file, using IfoEdit.

I think I saw somewhere that it's possible to use VobBlanker to mix the newly authored title back into the original title set, so that menus etc. can be used? Is this correct, and how is it done? If not, which program can then be used for this, and how?
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 11:27   #270  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

@CoNS
Yes, Vobblanker is able to "Replace a PGC". See the help file

You need to mux your elementary streams (with IFOEdit, Rejig) with the same streamsID than the originals. If not, your menus (audio/subs selections) will not work properly. The same apply to Celltimes. Use the original ones to keep the scene selection working properly.

For replacing a single PGC I do not know other (free) SW. (Well, you can do it with VobEdit/IfoEdit and some manual work...)

jsoto

Last edited by jsoto; 26th October 2004 at 11:35.
Old 27th October 2004, 19:32   #271  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Okay, thanks, jsoto.

A suggestion: Could you make it possible to select more lines (PGCs in menus or in selected titlesets) and not just one at a time (drag to select more PGCs, or hold down Shift or CTRL to select more lines, just like the nornal Windows Explorer interface)?

For example, I've been working with a DVD today with 23 titles in VMG (placed in 6 titlesets), whereof I needed to blank 21. Actually it had more than 23 PGCs, too, as some of the titles (warnings in different languages) were split into more PGCs. The same DVD had 35 menu PGCs that I needed to blank, too! So that was quite many clicks that I had to do!

Also, it was annoying that I had to confirm 35 times that I wanted to blank parts of the menu! Perhaps you could add a general option in the program where this warning could be turned off, maybe with "Don't display this warning in future" checkbox in the dialog box?

And then an error report: I've now had three different DVDs (not the above mentioned) where the DVD wouldn't play, neither in software or standalone player, after using VobBlanker. This occurs when I try to blank menu PGCs that are located in the title menu (the menu of titleset video_ts.vob) and which originally play as the first thing on the DVD. I haven't made any other modifications to the DVDs. In all three cases I first tried VobBlanker, and then the makros in PgcEdit, both without luck. In two of the cases I actually didn't need to keep other PGCs in that titleset, so I could use TitleSetBlanker, which worked...
Old 27th October 2004, 19:38   #272  |  Link
jeanl

Quote:
I've now had three different DVDs (not the above mentioned) where the DVD wouldn't play, neither in software or standalone player, after using VobBlanker. This occurs when I try to blank menu PGCs that are located in the title menu (the menu of titleset video_ts.vob) and which originally play as the first thing on the DVD. I haven't made any other modifications to the DVDs. In all three cases I first tried VobBlanker, and then the makros in PgcEdit, both without luck.
you should definitely report that problem in the pgcedit thread,
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79853
I'm sure r0lZ would be eager to find out what went wrong here.
I can't see a reason why blanking something in the VMGM would screw-up the playback... Could you post the before and after PGCs (from pgcedit) so we can take a look?
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 19:42   #273  |  Link
2COOL

@CoNS

Perhaps the parental lock menu, which is commonly found in the VMGMs is not accessible anymore for user action since it has been blanked out?

P.S. can you check to see if you have any VMG Menus with buttons?

Last edited by 2COOL; 27th October 2004 at 19:50.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 19:46   #274  |  Link
jeanl

@CoNS
post the PGCs! 2COOL will find the problem before you're even done posting!

jeanl
Old 27th October 2004, 19:54   #275  |  Link
jeanl

@CoNS

Another question that comes to mind: Did you use the "Blank out all PGCs in domain" option in pgc edit, or did you blank individual PGCs. I'm wondering if the problem is with command navigation or if it is with the VOB that replaced the original one if you blanked the whole domain...

Do the DVDs play if you blank individual PGCs (one by one)?
Jeanl
Old 27th October 2004, 19:55   #276  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanl
I can't see a reason why blanking something in the VMGM would screw-up the playback
Reason? Just blanking menus with buttons always results in playback errors. Even BOV (Button over Video) Titles too. Note: PgcEdit does not detect/work with BOVs. Like I explained in past threads, if you blank a menu and the navigations call for it to display, how do you exercise user action? You'll be sort of hanging in limbo!
Old 27th October 2004, 20:02   #277  |  Link
jeanl

2COOL,
of course, you're right, any time you blank something with buttons in it, you're asking for trouble. But then, why did titlesetblanker work? If there had been menus with buttons in there, I would think titlesetblanker would have resulted in a faulty DVD as well... The thing is, titlesetblanker does not alter the pre/post/cell commands, right?

I was puzzled by the fact that all the problems arose in the VMGM domain, what I wonder is, can you see anything specific to the VMGM that could make the technique pgcedit (and vobblanker) use to blank not work?

Jeanl
Old 27th October 2004, 20:16   #278  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanl
But then, why did titlesetblanker work? If there had been menus with buttons in there, I would think titlesetblanker would have resulted in a faulty DVD as well... The thing is, titlesetblanker does not alter the pre/post/cell commands, right?
This issue wasn't brought up back then with TSB but logically, the menu blanking problem would be still there.

It did have 3 checkboxes that you can use. From the option tooltips...
  • R Remove Stops: It removes stopping between cells (The still-time). More menus keep working when you check this box.

R Merge Programs: Merge multiple Programs of a video to one.

R Merge Cells: Merge multiple Cells of a video to one. this can break functionality because many menus rely on specific to-cell jumping.

Personally, I gave up with TSB as other better tools have come about since then. Though shh said back in the days that TSB isn't dead, I liked to assume it is. It's been a while since 0.9.5 came out.

Last edited by 2COOL; 27th October 2004 at 20:20.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 20:22   #279  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Unfortunately I don't have the original files anymore, only the modified DVDs after TitleSetBlanker did the job. I worked on the three DVDs last week and I just wanted to mention the problem now that I was posting anyway about the movie I'm editing today (the one with the many PGCs!!)

However, as I've experienced the problem a number of times, I'm sure it'll pop up again, and next time I'll post the PGCs right away when it occurs.

@2COOL: None of the blanked VGM menus had buttons. They were warning screens and studio logos.

@jeanl: I used the "Blank out all Menu PGCs" makro.
Old 27th October 2004, 20:23   #280  |  Link
jeanl

I haven't given up on TSB! I use it for all of my backups, and I haven't had a problem yet...
Of course, you have to be lucky and be OK with blanking a whole titleset, but I've found that in most DVDs, most of the annoying stuff is in separate titlesets. Of course, if you want to split a DVD-9 to 2, you might be out of luck.
But the upshot is, it's fast, very easy (especially with the backup/restore buttons).
So I'm still sold on it!
Jeanl