Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > NLE - Non Linear Editing

Old 25th April 2003, 04:15   #1  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

V 1.5.1 (fixed) Frameserver Released for Vegas, Premier, Media Studio Pro 7

There is one known issue mentioned in the readme. If you load the signpost with unwrapped audio in VDub and seek then hit play it will throw an error. Just move back to start and hit play and all is ok. This does not happen when the alternate audio mode is used. Everything else is solid.

Get it here:
http://www.debugmode.com/pluginpac/frameserver.php

Questions? Post here and I will do my best to answer here in NLE or, if you prefer, here: http://www.debugmode.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=29

Notes:
This version offers a new alternative audio method that allows the audio to be wrapped along with the signpost.avi as uncompressed PCM instead of being served by ACM.

A couple of things to note:

1> Frameserving is now about twice as fast when serving to CCE from Vegas.

2> Try to use the ACM audio first ("write audio .." Un-Checked) as this method actually serves the audio via ACM as well as video with no intermediate files needed. The new alternative method ("write audio .." Checked) just about guarantees transparency and should work with anything. The only downside is the audio is actually written to the signpost file. A long time-line is going to take a few minutes to finish this operation. Also, the signpost file can become quite large. An 80 minute DV source will have about a gig of audio written to disk using the alternative audio mode.

3> All flavors of CCE (see 3b) will need the alternative audio mode when serving from Vegas, Premiere and Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 (if audio is checked in CCE).

3b> CCE 2.50 does not work with any audio at anytime and will crash. This is a well known problem of this version of CCE and has nothing to do with the NLE or Frameserving software. Workaround by encoding audio as a separate mp2 and use TMPG Tools or BBMplex to mux final MPG. Make SURE audio is UNCHECKED in CCE 2.50 or it will crash!

4> ProCorder multi-pass VBR needs alternate when served from Vegas, but single pass CBR does not. Premiere and Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 version works fine with all ProCorder methods and does not require alternate audio.

5> TMPG works fine in any mode without alternate audio mode so long as audio has not been accessed by preview playing. If it has FS must be restarted in Vegas. With Premiere or MSP7 you can restart encoding at anytime with out the need to restart the FS.

6> FS works fine with Avisynth 2.08 and 2.51 both with and without the special audio mode. Use the AviSource command to open the signpost AVI file from the FS'er.

7> ALL of these NLEs will now work with the AVI2SVCD subset of DVD2SVCD when the alternative audio function is used. (Choose AVI as source on Misc tab in Dvd2svcd)

I'll add more later if needed.

Last edited by DDogg; 28th April 2003 at 04:53.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2003, 23:57   #2  |  Link
rufuz
encoding junkie

Is it possible to use the Frameserver Premiere plugin in FlasKMPEG?
rufuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2003, 00:15   #3  |  Link
rufuz
encoding junkie

Well, I tried it. Doesn't work for me.

Is it possible that this FrameServer conflicts with Videotools.net's Premiere Video Server?

When I try to start FlasKMPEG with both installed, it runs but shows no Frame or Video Server in the "Output Plugin" list. If I start FlasKMPEG with only the PluginPac Frame Server, it crashes instantly.

I would use Videotools.net's Premiere Video Server if only it wouldn't always throw a "Couldn't create AVI" error at me.
rufuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2003, 01:08   #4  |  Link
DDogg

The frameserver was not designed, and has nothing to do with FlaskMpeg. Frankly, I didn't know it still existed. Perhaps another forum dealing with mpeg compression or encoding could help you. It is off topic here, I think (IMO).
Old 28th April 2003, 16:10   #5  |  Link
Arky

Any plans to offer support for Pinnacle Edition?

Ironically, Premiere and Vegas already may use AVIsynth, whereas Edition is as yet unsupported by any frameserver export method, as far as I know.

I'd be well-chuffed if you could support Edition to allow me to frameserve from the timeline to CCE Basic.

Arky ;o)
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2003, 21:11   #6  |  Link
DDogg

Arky, he is a real good guy about supporting user requests. Do you know if there is a developers SDK for interface stuff? That is the part he needs to do it.
Old 28th April 2003, 23:23   #7  |  Link
MaXiMuS

Does it work with Pinnacle Studio version 8

that would be awesome... maybe not the best editor but i think easy 2 use & noob friendly

My AutoDub Guide is Down at the moment sorry 4 that
Old 30th April 2003, 15:55   #8  |  Link
cinemacraft

Last nite, it works great. Last night, I exported 57 min home DV footage from adobe 6.5 to cce 2.67 with 3 pass vbr, It took around 6 hrs to encode 57 min. clip. The SVCD final movie is great.
cinemacraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2003, 18:30   #9  |  Link
Ookami
Xe-Rotaredom

I can't get it to work with my 6.50 OEM version of Adobe Premiere .

And I was so happy that I wouldn't need to export my projects as Huffyuv or DV files.

When I select the frameserving plugin in the export timeline option, after a second or so Premiere closes itself without a message and the frameserve window disappears.

I've tried to kill all my background processes, that didn't helped either.

Can anyone give me a hand? I'm a NLE newbie and today I've started my first tests with the new Premiere...

So, if my project settings etc. will help, I'll post them for you. Is the programmer reading this forum too, DDogg?

Thank you in advance,

Mijo.
Old 30th April 2003, 20:20   #10  |  Link
DDogg

hehehe, I think it must be operator error, Mijo

I tried it with 6.5 and DV source it worked ok. So, what was the source you were using? Anything out of the normal? Have you run memtest on your machine lately? Yeah, I know it is a grind ... but Adobe is so unforgiving with flaky memory. Hey, if you are just getting started, WHY use Premiere instead of Vegas? It is rock solid with no crashes. If interested, get the full copy download of Vegas 4.0b from SoFo website. Let me know if/when you get it.
Old 30th April 2003, 20:25   #11  |  Link
DDogg

cinemacraft, if you thought the CCE encode is good, well you should see the ProCorder Encode when source is DV interlaced. It will blow you away. Oh, I always still think in terms of SVCD rates, If DVD anything works pretty well.
Old 30th April 2003, 21:12   #12  |  Link
Ookami
Xe-Rotaredom

My source was DV, I've edited two clips, done some effects (transitions, titles etc.) and wanted to frameserve it to TMPGEnc Pro (BTW, the new version is finally on Pegasys).

Bad memory, nope I doubt that it's that as:
-the PC is almost brand new and I had no problems at all
-the RAM is Kingston brand so it's not one of those el cheapos

So I rather would guess that I did something wrong (beats me, what).

As for "why Premiere?"... My Canopus dealer could only give me that and I wanted to buy a original. At least I can enjoy in horrible UI... Probably NLE means No easy and Laid back Editing .

I would be interested in Vegas if I would have the money and time, but I don't (and I mean the software not the town). I will try to learn working on Premiere, let's see if I can make it (especially as I'm one of those "real men don't need manuals" types).

Ah, almost forgot it, the programmer has mailed me so I'll let you know if I'm really to blame.

Cheers,

Mijo.

P.s.: What's So/Fo?

Quote:
Originally posted by DDogg
hehehe, I think it must be operator error, Mijo

I tried it with 6.5 and DV source it worked ok. So, what was the source you were using? Anything out of the normal? Have you run memtest on your machine lately? Yeah, I know it is a grind ... but Adobe is so unforgiving with flaky memory. Hey, if you are just getting started, WHY use Premiere instead of Vegas? It is rock solid with no crashes. If interested, get the full copy download of Vegas 4.0b from SoFo website. Let me know if/when you get it.
Old 30th April 2003, 21:45   #13  |  Link
Arky

Quote:
Originally posted by DDogg
Arky, he is a real good guy about supporting user requests. Do you know if there is a developers SDK for interface stuff? That is the part he needs to do it.

Hmmm.. you've got me on that one. I don't know how Pinnacle would feel about that, having just recoded some of Edition, and probably being ultra-wary of letting any of the competition near their code! lol Perhaps I will email them and ask.

Arky ;o)
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2003, 23:11   #14  |  Link
DDogg

@Ookami - Goodluck, my friend. There is a whole industry grown up around understanding Adobe's interfaces. Like I have said before, why does a company name itself after dried mud?

@ Arky - I mean an interface SDK for plugins and such. I know nothing about the program so maybe they did not design for third party stuff. If they did they will have a developers SDK.

Last edited by DDogg; 30th April 2003 at 23:16.
Old 1st May 2003, 19:03   #15  |  Link
Crawl

Premiere isn't that hard at all....its semi-pro so yes it is a bit harder to understanding than Studio 8 (for example), but premiere rocks when you get your way around.

I'm testing right now procoder...i cant wait to see the result (is it that good with interlaced dv.....i hope so, mainconcept is oke but it can always be beter...)

Crawl

For The NOOBPremiere Users.....

Hang In there the road is long but you will see the light at the end!!

lol
Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2003, 18:04   #16  |  Link
ADLANCAS

Frameserve only in resolution 352x240 with AVIsynth

Hi,
When I export from Premiere 6.5, Iīve got only a file with resolution 352x240.
My source file is 640x480 and I didnīt resize in Premiere.
Script is: (Avisynth v2.51):

AviSource("signpost.avi")
#Info - If enabled, it shows 352x240 !

Somebody knows what's wrong ?!?

Thanks,

Alexandre
ADLANCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2003, 01:36   #17  |  Link
ADLANCAS

Adding some more information...

My Project Settings:

"Compressor: None ( I also tested with MJPEG - the same that I used to capture)
Frame Size: 640x480
Frame Rate: 29,97
Depth: Millions, Quality: 100%

Audio Settings
Rate: 44100, Format: 16 - Stereo
Compressor: Uncompressed

Rendering Options
Field setting: Upper Field First"

When I also openned signpost.avi directly in TMPGEnc and I unfortunately had the same result.
I tried to put in Project Settings of Premiere a Frame Size = 320x240 and I continue to have the same size in TMPG (352x240).

Please help me!

Thanks,

Alexandre
Old 6th May 2003, 04:39   #18  |  Link
DDogg

Doesn't make any sense to me. Do a info on the original source and let us know what it says:

AviSource("Original.avi")
Info
Old 6th May 2003, 13:33   #19  |  Link
ADLANCAS

@DDogg

I will make exactly what you asked at night and post it here the results. I can't to it now!

Only for your information, I've already made before (with other source also) and it was ok (at least for me):
format: YUY2
resolution: 640x480
...(I don't remember another informations...)

I tried to change a lot of setting(resolution/compression/...) in Project Settings without success.

Did you see the post in debugmode? Do you think that Satish can make something if I attached my signpost.avi ? I'll ask him.

Thanks for you attention,

Alexandre:
Old 7th May 2003, 04:03   #20  |  Link
ADLANCAS

@DDogg

Iīve made what you asked and little bit more...
--------------------------------------------------
Script 1: (Openning original AVI file directly in TMPGEnc)
Avisource("original.avi")
info

Frame: 0
ColorSpace: YUY2
Width: 640 pixels, Height: 480 pixels.
Frames per second: 29.9908
FieldBased Video: NO
Parity: Parity unknown
Video Pitch: 1280 bytes.
Has Audio: YES
Audio Channels: 2
Sample Type: Integer 16 bit
Samples Per Second: 44100
---------------------------------------------------
Script 2: (openning signpost.avi from Premiere/Pluginpac)
Avisource("signpost.avi")
info

ColorSpace: RGB32
Width: 352 pixels, Height: 240 pixels.
Frames per second: 29.9700
Video Pitch: 1408 bytes.
Samples Per Second: 44100
-----------------------------------------------------
Script 3: (openning IPCSource.avi from Premiere/frameserver plugin)
Avisource("IPCSource.avi")
info

ColorSpace: RGB32
Width: 640 pixels, Height: 480 pixels.
Frames per second: 29.9700
Video Pitch: 2560 bytes.