Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 7th March 2007, 15:11   #881  |  Link
lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBeaver View Post
it is certainly a lot smoother that ffdshows decoding, can't say anything about quality though.
common sense might make you think the ones who made the format should have the best decoder, but common sense doesn't always apply to the company in question.

Btw, is there any new decoder coming along for dd+? I'm having a hard time making it work and I rather have something that actually works in a regular player like MPC or similar.
I have done four encodes using this filter arrangement and the results are perfect. I used ffdshow for 2 encodes and found tearing at the pictures edge and picture breakup at various points through the encode. I would definatley use the DMO filter!

Lineman
lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 15:45   #882  |  Link
MiniMinimal

Everything works just fine now...
i got picture! THNX!!
MiniMinimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 16:07   #883  |  Link
SBeaver

I'm running a movie now in MPC using the DMO decoder and Haali splitter.
There is a problem though.
I turned on OSD for haali and it says 1920x1080 frame format, but it is being scaled down to 960x540 and I can't do anything to stop that.
I tried ffdshow again and it downscales too.

Any ideas?
SBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 17:09   #884  |  Link
kornesque

this might be slightly off topic, but since it applies to my demuxed .evo....

does anybody here have wmvmuxer experience? i've got a perfect .avi containing my vc-1, and have a good .wav (downmixed to stereo) from the dd+, but wmvmuxer throws me errors. i'm assuming i can mux the vc-1 data and my audio into a .wmv without transcoding - does anybody have any ideas how to go about it if it's possible? thank you.
kornesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 18:14   #885  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

When running xport on an m2ts with DTSHD audio, it demuxes okay and produces the audio stream on disk, which is fine - but what I want to know is how the 1536kbps DTS core can be extracted from this file? I've searched around and not yet found a way that doesn't involve me playing the file back, saving 6 mono wavs and then building a new DTS file out of them, which involves reencoding which I'd like to avoid if possible.
Neo Fagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 18:32   #886  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Fagin View Post
When running xport on an m2ts with DTSHD audio, it demuxes okay and produces the audio stream on disk, which is fine - but what I want to know is how the 1536kbps DTS core can be extracted from this file? I've searched around and not yet found a way that doesn't involve me playing the file back, saving 6 mono wavs and then building a new DTS file out of them, which involves reencoding which I'd like to avoid if possible.
What movie are talking about?
MichalHabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 18:52   #887  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHabart View Post
What movie are talking about?
Kingdom of Heaven (only has DTSHD audio)

I found out from someone on irc who'd done it - mux in mkvmerge and ignore the errors, mkvmerge just strips the erroneous DTSHD packets and leaves the core intact.
Old 7th March 2007, 19:02   #888  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:

I found out from someone on irc who'd done it - mux in mkvmerge and ignore the errors, mkvmerge just strips the erroneous DTSHD packets and leaves the core intact.
Well, even when cover says that ice age II, stargate and tomb raider do have DTS-HD tracks, all DTS-HD tracks could be demuxed with xport and are playable in foobar withou any problems. Should be the same with kingdom of heaven (i don not have it yet so i can't tell you exactly)
Old 7th March 2007, 19:34   #889  |  Link
xc3ll

I have tried JuHu's and JnZ's methods for capturing audio. However, my audio will not sync. It always starts going off sync as the movie plays. This may be due to the framerate issue, but I'm not sure. Using JuHu's method, it's off by about 2.5 seconds, which is about the difference between calculated and counted frames. It seems like time stretch doesn't do anything though. I've even tried applying it twice.

Using JnZ's method, the sound is still off at the end, by the same amount. I'm currently using MKVmerge GUI 1.7.0.

EDIT: I've found that the timestretch does work. Going from the bigger number to the smaller number. However, counted and calculated frames arent working for me, so now I'm trying to guess what the 2nd number should be. Audio seems to lag by about a second at the end, so I subtracted 24 from the 2nd number. I'll post my results

Last edited by xc3ll; 7th March 2007 at 20:32.
xc3ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 19:49   #890  |  Link
dchard

Now I got the PNGs or BMPs. How can I convert those to .srt ?

Other question: I got a .srt subtitle. Is there any way to convert it to evobdemux compatible .sup ?

Thanks!

Dchard
dchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 20:23   #891  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchard View Post

Other question: I got a .srt subtitle. Is there any way to convert it to evobdemux compatible .sup ?

Thanks!

Dchard
I have the same problem. I have PNGs and srt with line1-xxx instead of text. Is there some program that can convert it to proper srt?
Old 7th March 2007, 20:24   #892  |  Link
Deckard2019

Quote:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=121535&page=5
Deckard2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 20:27   #893  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
I have the same problem. I have PNGs and srt with line1-xxx instead of text. Is there some program that can convert it to proper srt?
OFF: We need a working OCR to convert the bitmaps to text.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 20:30   #894  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
OFF: We need a working OCR to convert the bitmaps to text.
Definitely.
Old 7th March 2007, 21:22   #895  |  Link
edo1080

I discovered the dump.raw file obtained with graphedit and Sonic Audio Decoder is accelerated can anyone help me please? Thank you.
edo1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 21:36   #896  |  Link
xc3ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo1080 View Post
I discovered the dump.raw file obtained with graphedit and Sonic Audio Decoder is accelerated can anyone help me please? Thank you.
I have the same problem. If you're like me, and its only about 1-2secs too fast at the end(if its a 2hr movie, maybe more for longer movies), then I suggest you try Juhu's method of using BeHappy to timestretch it. I'm using it right now, and although the sync isn't perfect, I'm pretty close. Right now I'm adding 12 to the second number.

EDIT: Image should say 1/2sec too fast.

Last edited by xc3ll; 7th March 2007 at 21:48.
xc3ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 23:48   #897  |  Link
SBeaver

It was the haali renderer that did the scaling, not sure why.
SBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 00:21   #898  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

Quote:
Well, even when cover says that ice age II, stargate and tomb raider do have DTS-HD tracks, all DTS-HD tracks could be demuxed with xport and are playable in foobar withou any problems. Should be the same with kingdom of heaven (i don not have it yet so i can't tell you exactly)
It's playable in graphedit if I use orbitlee's DTS/AC3 source plugin, but it's a ludicrous 5GB in size and I can't remux it into an mkv or anything else
Old 8th March 2007, 02:25   #899  |  Link
enantiomer

Quote:

Another method: use tranzcode. Here's an example of converting the DTS core audio to AC3, lifted from one of my automagic BD_2_TS scripts:

e:
cd e:\bd_2_ts
rename PID_0x1100.bin PID_0x1100.dts
c:\bin\tranzcode\tranzcode PID_0x1100.dts c:\tmp\bd_pt1.wav /mch
c:\bin\aften -b 640 -dnorm 27 c:\tmp\bd_pt1.wav e:\bd_2_ts\bd_pt1.ac3
del c:\tmp\bd_pt1.wav

It does produce a rather large intermediate wave file, but conversion is pretty fast when sloshing data between two hard drives.
enantiomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 04:35   #900  |  Link
orbitlee

About the DTS-HD audio track. Actually evodemux/xport works perfectly, they demuxed DTS-HD audio track, which could be as high as 24.5Mbps . But your software cannot tell the difference between DTS-HD and DTS. It assumes this is DTS 1536kbps, and calcuate the runtime based on file length of audio track. So you will get both hugh file and terribile runtime.

Fortunately there is very simple solution to extract DTS 1536kbps from DTS-HD, no re-encoding or any professional software. Since DTS Labs wants to keep compatibility with existing DTS audio components, in every DTS-HD audio track, they encoded a DTS Digital Surround? Core (which is CBR 5.1ch, 1536kbps , with DTS frame header) and extensions(which could be CBR or VBR, 7.1ch, up to 24.5Mbps, with DTS-HD frame header). So legacy DTS device will recognize the DTS core only and ignore the extensions, DTS-HD device will recognize both DTS core and the extension to archive full benefit of DTS-HD audio track.
http://www.dts.com/dts-hd/better-sou...d-tomorrow.php

Unfortunately, I found DTS labs does not prevent the start code emulation. What I'm talking about is, you may find 7FFE8001(which is sync word for DTS frame) in DTS-HD extension bitstream. If the software don't know the details of DTS-HD, it may pick the wrong sync word from DTS-HD extension bitstream, which will generate a very small glitch(you may never hear that probably). A real case is
the DTS-HD MA audio in "Ice Age: The meltdown". I tried delaycut(1.2.1.2) to process the DTS-HD audio, it will strip out the extension bitstream and generate smaller audio track. But if you process the output again, delaycut will warn you that some parameters are changed. This is because delaycut 1.2.1.2 pick the wrong sync word and then wrong DTS frame. I don't know whether mkvtoolnix or other mux/demux tools have similar issues.

So I wrote a small tool to extract DTS core from DTS-HD bitstream. Since I don't have any specs on DTS-HD extension bitstream(If I had it, I will know the exact length of extension bitstream), to avoid the sync word issue, I assume all frames in DTS core bitstream will have same frame length, sample rate and bitrate. I believe this assumption makes sense.

Command line is
dtscore input.dts output.dts

If you give it traditional DTS audio track, it will output the original untouched.

You should be able to feed the output to any legacy software/hardware(which does not know DTS-HD) without any problem.

BIG thanks to drmpeg for informations on DTS spec :-)
Attached Files
File Type: rar dtscore.rar (31.1 KB, 1637 views)

Last edited by orbitlee; 8th March 2007 at 05:13.
orbitlee is offline   Reply With Quote