Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 ASP

Old 2nd February 2007, 03:55   #1  |  Link
DigitAl56K

DivX 6.5.1 released

DivX 6.5.1 has now been released.

Changelog:
  • Fix: Stability of DivX decoder under third-party media players and Windows Explorer
  • Fix: Settings in the Decoder Configuration Utility/DivX Settings Manager were not always applied correctly
  • Fix: De-interlacing was sometimes enabled when it should not have been
  • Fix: The feedback window could crash the encoder when enabled
  • Fix: The feedback window could be enabled for Fastest and High Performance modes
  • New: For compatibility with applications that do not expect the DirectShow decoder to request the hardware overlay, it is possible to enter application names for which the decoder will not use the hardware overlay in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DivXNetworks\DivX\ExtOverlayExclusions (you may need to create this key). For an example see the SMExclusions key in the same location, which allows the Settings Manager to be disabled on a per-application basis.

Last edited by DigitAl56K; 2nd February 2007 at 05:02.
DigitAl56K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:22   #2  |  Link
ricardo.santos

i havent checked but im guessing this patch will weigh 15mg or more.

For example: the divx converter menu images weigh 13 mg, why put them in the installer if theyre not needed or havent changed?

Not everyone has a fast connection and more important not everyone has unmetered web service, there are countries where we pay what we download and ISP's charge different from national traffic and intetnational traffic, why put the images(13mg) if they are not needed? why "ship" converter with divx codec anyway?
ricardo.santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:34   #3  |  Link
DigitAl56K

The patch is not 15MB. If you already have DivX 6.5.0 the codec update checker will give you this version instead, which is only a few megs:

http://download.divx.com/divx/autoup...hInstaller.exe
DigitAl56K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2007, 12:26   #4  |  Link
shimscharf

De-Interlacing

So I'm trying out this new codec & am trying to de-interlace a ripped DVD.

during encoding, why is the de-interlace option only available when using 1st pass (Fast) & no other encoding mode?? Is that normal? Other settings are unconstrained, q-pixel, adaptive single consecutive.

Thank you,
Simon
shimscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 12:33   #5  |  Link
shimscharf

???

So has no one else experienced the same problem or no guru has any idea why this is happening?
shimscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:29   #6  |  Link
fight2win
What's in a name dude !

cool divx release
fight2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 04:40   #7  |  Link
DewAsmara

Does this new code,
Fixed lip synch issues with some PAL DVD movies? I have been ripped SkyCaptain and Immortal movie using DivX Converter 6.2 and DivX encoder 6.4xx, and found subtitle and sound run faster than picture. Not like chipmunk but looks like old movie that not synch between pictures and sound.
DewAsmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:23   #8  |  Link
nnever2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewAsmara View Post
Does this new code,
Fixed lip synch issues with some PAL DVD movies? I have been ripped SkyCaptain and Immortal movie using DivX Converter 6.2 and DivX encoder 6.4xx, and found subtitle and sound run faster than picture. Not like chipmunk but looks like old movie that not synch between pictures and sound.
Is this versione VISTA compatible? I'm having thouzand of "com surrogate error".
nnever2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 11:34   #9  |  Link
DewAsmara

I don't think so,
But base on simulation by Vista Compability Test it shows no problem. So perhaps crash happend with Vista Media Player System such DVD Player/Decoder plugs in. If that then it is not major interoperability problems with Vista but mostly with Win Media Player, as its crash often even on XP.
Old 11th April 2007, 04:57   #10  |  Link
DewAsmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewAsmara View Post
I don't think so,
But base on simulation by Vista Compability Test it shows no problem. So perhaps crash happend with Vista Media Player System such DVD Player/Decoder plugs in. If that then it is not major interoperability problems with Vista but mostly with Win Media Player, as its crash often even on XP.
Sorry for my wrong opinion,
It is not compatible with Vista yet. Already admit during upgrade process last few week when I first upgrade to Vista. But this not only refer to DivX only, almost all media player and decoder/encoder crash during upgrade process. I think DivX team right now try hard to make compatible with Vista.