Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 2nd March 2002, 01:42   #1  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

decomb vs greedyHMA

Is there a difference? I've used both and I'm feeling they are same (output-wise). Both have ghosting. Maybe there are difference I don't know. So please tell me.
jarthel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2002, 01:45   #2  |  Link

This has been extensively covered in the main Decomb thread. Let's just say that if you picked as your test clip a nice clean one, then you may well see no difference. Try Cowboy Bebop and report back.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2002, 19:24   #3  |  Link
trbarry

GreedyHMA was really just a port of the real time DScaler video deinterlace method. 90% of the work was for handling video. IVTC was added to GreedyHMA by request as an after thought.

It filled a need because Decomb didn't exist yet but I've pretty much moved onto other projects and it might be awhile before I get back to GreedyHMA. Since Donald is still actively improving the Decomb suite that's probably the best bet for Avisynth for now. I'd far rather have Donald bear the brunt of all the questions, and I'm sort of back into the research and think stage myself.

I'll probably continue to use GreedyHMA for my own purposes but that is only because I'm familiar with it and can change it if something annoys me enough.

- Tom
trbarry is offline   Reply With Quote