Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 23rd October 2006, 23:33   #341  |  Link
Henrikx

Update German Translation to AvsP 1.3.0
Old 24th October 2006, 00:23   #342  |  Link
honai

I got the following error:

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "AvsP.py", line 3759, in OnMenuVideoRefresh
File "AvsP.py", line 5371, in ShowVideoFrame
File "AvsP.py", line 5588, in UpdateScriptAVI
File "pyavi.pyo", line 159, in __init__
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x01EE6541
when trying to refresh/view the preview of a 3-hour 1920x1080 clip. Memory consumption rose to 1 GB for AvsP.exe (I have 2 GB actual hardware RAM, 4 GB virtual, 1.4 GB used) before the exception occurred.

Memory constraints?
Old 24th October 2006, 00:44   #343  |  Link
Alain2

Updated French translation to AvsP 1.3.0

Nice work, the new layout seems to work well! Still not on-the-fly redim (120/200/300% are big jumps ^^ ) but it's better now anyway as I can resize the sliders zone If you go for on-the-fly resize some day, it would be gould to allow the resize type selection, like bicubic 0,.75 for instance, so that it matches with what you would get when playing in fullscreen a film in mpc for instance ; the current zooms are not like that so I still prefer to use a bicubic in my script ^^

About the new syntax highlight for strings across multiple lignes, it's working well One suggestion about it would be to have an option letting other syntax highlight applicable inside it, for the font only, and keep the strings background color overall ? Could be interesting in these types of script

Nice work again! and pretty stable so far as usual
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 00:48   #344  |  Link
Rippraff

@qwerpoi

Thanks for the new version.
With 1.3.0 I can't use Umlaute ( ) for the slider labels anymore. If I move the slider with an umlaut the program adds a "]" at the script line e.g.
Quote:
sharpen([<"Schrfen", 0, 1, 0.6>]])
and as a result I get an error message in the script
Quote:
unexpected character "]" (...preview.avs, line 8, column 11)
For each slider movement AvsP adds a new "]"

Without the umlaut, say "Schaerfe", everything's fine.

Cu Rippraff
Rippraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 01:40   #345  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrikx View Post
Update German Translation to AvsP 1.3.0
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honai View Post
I got the following error:

when trying to refresh/view the preview of a 3-hour 1920x1080 clip. Memory consumption rose to 1 GB for AvsP.exe (I have 2 GB actual hardware RAM, 4 GB virtual, 1.4 GB used) before the exception occurred.

Memory constraints?
Hmm, I'll take a look into it. Try opening the file in virtualdub or another program and see if you have the same problem, or see if it works in AvsP after restarting your pc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain2 View Post
Updated French translation to AvsP 1.3.0

Nice work, the new layout seems to work well! Still not on-the-fly redim (120/200/300% are big jumps ^^ ) but it's better now anyway as I can resize the sliders zone If you go for on-the-fly resize some day, it would be gould to allow the resize type selection, like bicubic 0,.75 for instance, so that it matches with what you would get when playing in fullscreen a film in mpc for instance ; the current zooms are not like that so I still prefer to use a bicubic in my script ^^

About the new syntax highlight for strings across multiple lignes, it's working well One suggestion about it would be to have an option letting other syntax highlight applicable inside it, for the font only, and keep the strings background color overall ? Could be interesting in these types of script

Nice work again! and pretty stable so far as usual
Thanks for the translation update! I'll see what I can do about the string highlighting, I'll be working on making the syntax highlighting a little bit more configurable for the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippraff View Post
@qwerpoi

Thanks for the new version.
With 1.3.0 I can't use Umlaute ( ) for the slider labels anymore. If I move the slider with an umlaut the program adds a "]" at the script line e.g. and as a result I get an error message in the script
For each slider movement AvsP adds a new "]"

Without the umlaut, say "Schaerfe", everything's fine.

Cu Rippraff
Wow, thanks for pointing that bug out! I found the cause of the problem, it has to do with certain unicode characters counting as more than one character - I'm surprised your umlaute sliders worked in older versions. Regardless, I've fixed the bug, I'll upload an updated version sometime tomorrow after making sure there's no other immediate problems to take care of.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 10:10   #346  |  Link
zemog

qwerpoi: Thanks for these great update. Only a small (possible stupid) question: Why the divisor between video preview and user sliders hasnt the same behavior that de divisor between script text and video preview + user sliders (double click adjusts de divisor to the video preview size)?.

Here is the Spanish translation for v1.3.0
Attached Files
File Type: rar Spanish translation v1.3.0.rar (11.0 KB, 34 views)
zemog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 11:49   #347  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Just wanted to say - the resizeable windows are fantastic! They have turned out everything I hoped them to be - and more I'm still playing with python, hope to get some usefule/useable macros made up sometime soon.
check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 13:20   #348  |  Link
Rippraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi View Post
I'm surprised your umlaute sliders worked in older versions.
In the meantime, me too!
After I've posted the behaviour last night, I've tried it again with older versions... and couldn't get it to work (same error).
Unfortunately I can't remember how I've done it before and with what version as I always overwrite old with new AvsP files but i swear it worked before.
Regardless, if you find a way great, if not, hey this is only a cosmetic thing.

Cu Rippraff
Old 25th October 2006, 01:29   #349  |  Link
qwerpoi

New version v1.3.1, download here or use the mirror in the first post. Only minor changes (no new messages so translators don't need to redo their 1.3.0 translations). Here's the changelog:
Quote:
* click and drag video preview similar to Acrobat Reader

* store last program size and position (suggested by Alain2)

* minor improvements to window layout code

* refresh video appropriately when creating new scripts

> fixed bug with unicode characters in slider labels (thanks Rippraff)
The reason I'm posting the new version so quickly is to fix that one bug with unicode slider labels. The only major feature in this release is the ability to "grab" the video window to drag it around as an alternative to using the scrollbars, pretty much identical to pdf files in adobe acrobat reader. It's probably important enought to redownload for anyone who already got 1.3.0, sorry about the inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemog
qwerpoi: Thanks for these great update. Only a small (possible stupid) question: Why the divisor between video preview and user sliders hasn’t the same behavior that de divisor between script text and video preview + user sliders (double click adjusts de divisor to the video preview size)?.
That's a good question. I designed it based upon what I felt what was going to be most often used, the text/video divider fitting the video height and the video/slider divider for showing and hiding. Basically I don't think of the two dividers as similar objects, to me the slider window is more of an optional sidebar. But the fact that the dividers look the same implies that they should behave the same, so certainly one could argue it's not very good design on my part

Quote:
Originally Posted by check
Just wanted to say - the resizeable windows are fantastic! They have turned out everything I hoped them to be - and more I'm still playing with python, hope to get some usefule/useable macros made up sometime soon.
It's good to hear that it's working well for you, it took a lot of effort to make, a lot more than I thought, so it's good to know that my efforts were not wasted. Hope the "grab" feature comes in handy for you as well. Oh, and if you come up with some interesting python macros that you think will be useful to others, be sure to post them here, I'd definitely like to see what other people come up with.

Last edited by qwerpoi; 25th October 2006 at 02:44.
Old 25th October 2006, 02:11   #350  |  Link
Rippraff

Thanks again for the new version, qwerpoi, much appreciated.
It works like a charm.

Cu Rippraff
Old 25th October 2006, 09:06   #351  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
Great change but would it be possible to store dividers' positions also?

Last edited by krisq; 25th October 2006 at 09:08.
krisq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 09:17   #352  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
Great change but would it be possible to store dividers' positions also?
It already should, although it's possible it might not work in all cases. If you can recreate a case where it fails to work, let me know about it and I'll see if I can fix it.
Old 25th October 2006, 09:22   #353  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
It already should, although it's possible it might not work in all cases. If you can recreate a case where it fails to work, let me know about it and I'll see if I can fix it.
oops... my bad you're right, me wrong
it does work, thanks

//EDIT
I think I found a bug with crop editor. You can't catch edges with LMB anymore because of 'acrobat' style dragging

Last edited by krisq; 25th October 2006 at 09:31.
krisq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 09:26   #354  |  Link
Veiga

like I said day by day better
thanks! good job
new translation.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Portugues_Br_v1.3.0__translation.zip (10.3 KB, 32 views)
Veiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 09:34   #355  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
I think I found a bug with crop editor. You can't catch edges with LMB anymore because of 'acrobat' style dragging
@#$! You're right! Stupid lack of foresight on my part, I'll fix it for the next release, until then you'll have to live with entering numbers in the crop dialog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiga View Post
like I said day by day better
thanks! good job
new translation.
Thanks for the updated translation! Again, I'll update the links on the first post and the AvsP website once the attachments are approved.
Old 25th October 2006, 09:42   #356  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
@#$! You're right! Stupid lack of foresight on my part, I'll fix it for the next release, until then you'll have to live with entering numbers in the crop dialog
No problemo. Also, I think that left mouse click on video preview should change focus to it.
Old 25th October 2006, 09:50   #357  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
No problemo. Also, I think that left mouse click on video preview should change focus to it.
Bleargh, that'll teach me to put out a release so quickly . I'll probably put out a bugfix release in a couple of days, the more small bugs you guys can find the better, so keep those cards and letters coming in
Old 25th October 2006, 13:00   #358  |  Link
Alain2

Quote:
That's great! And the video drag a la acrobat is really a nice feature !

About the on the-fly-resize, I think having a dockable window is not that important for me (but probably is for people with 2 monitors like Foxyshadis). I think a good alternative using your layout would be to have a toogle option that, if activated, would make avsp resize the frame sent by avisynth to the height of the preview video slider (adding automatically the horizontal video slider when it's becoming too wide). This could be done with a resize algo to be chosen by the user ; no colorspace convertion required I think if it is implemented with something like
BicubicResize(m4(width*float(previewHeight)/height),m4(previewHeight),0,.5), where previewHeight is the on-the-fly height of the video window (and m4 Dide's Function m4(float x){ Return( x < 16 ? 16 : int( Round( x / 4.0 )*4 ) ) })

btw would it be possible to make video separator a bit widder for easier grip of it (maybe not as big as acrobat ones, but more then 3 pixels height if possible ; maybe make that an option ?)

Last edited by Alain2; 25th October 2006 at 13:04.
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 19:48   #359  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edman View Post
Hi,
how do i make it show a preview of my source?
If i load the Plugins and the source it just shows me a big greyed out window. I can move the slider and AvsP counts the frames but no picture appears. When i try to zoom in the preview window just becomes black. Loading the Script in VD works fine. I'm using v.1.1.6.
I have this same issue with 1.3.1, and several previous versions. It USED to work with 1.2.1 and then just stopped working one day for some reason. avisynth 2.56, even a one-line script like dgdecode_mpeg2source("f:\video.d2v") which should display just the original video in the preview window, just displays a blank. The window does resize to the width/height of the video but no video is actually displayed. It's doing this on three different systems I've got including one with a fresh XP SP2 and avisynth install so it's driving me nuts, it's got to be something ridiculously simple I'm missing or doing wrong, but the same scripts open fine in virtualdub or MeGUI.
Neo Fagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 20:10   #360  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

today I updated Russian translation to v1.3.0.
Quote:
(no new messages so translators don't need to redo their 1.3.0 translations).
Thanks, I believe, you at last brake the development