Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 10th February 2002, 12:57   #1  |  Link
Valky

movies start skipping out of sync after 45 minutes?

Any idea what's wrong when after re-installing windows XP (changed from english version to finnish version..) I can only watch movies about 45 minutes and then the picture and audio start skipping?
If I stop the movie and continue everything works great another 45 minutes..it's like some memory gets full or something..Haven't have this problem before with same codecs and hardware+drivers..

It's happens with both divx 3.11 and 4.12 and with every player (MP,Bsplay,MicroDVD, Playa...)

I am out of ideas here..I use P3 700mhz and geforce 2 with 23.11 drivers ram 480mb.

Proplem seems to be in some setting, but I dont know where. Everything works great before re-installing all the software and XP so what am I missing here? I tried to change the power-mode options in control panel and also the pagefile settings on harddrives.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2002, 11:30   #2  |  Link
Kb_cruncher
replecant

try increacing buffer size in player.also try to put page file on its own partition or at least set it to a static one e.g min=256 and max=256mb.also try a memory manager and try setting codec priority level to low i.e right click media player and select properties>advanced>divx decoder.
Kb_cruncher is offline   Reply With Quote