Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 20th July 2005, 21:05   #521  |  Link
CiNcH

Ah, I see, so -0.2 in BeSweet equals to -2.0 in oggdropXP. Thanks.

Would be nice if you added it to BeLight, Kurt.

Last edited by CiNcH; 20th July 2005 at 21:39.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2005, 14:42   #522  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH
Would be nice if you added it to BeLight, Kurt.
Done...

I'm thinking about something now : added a flag to prevent people to have libvorbis.dll updated if you want to use these negative values. What do think about that ? An other way could be to update directly my package with this dll...
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2005, 15:58   #523  |  Link
Palikrovol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise13
I'm thinking about something now : added a flag to prevent people to have libvorbis.dll updated if you want to use these negative values. What do think about that ? An other way could be to update directly my package with this dll...
I think there is no problem at all with libvorbis.dll versions. I think all version suport negative values.

CiNcH had problems (correct me if i'm wrong) because he/she used -2.0 instead of -0.2.

Anyway it could be a great idea if you (Kurt) has the latest versions of the libvorbis.dll in the download site.

Go on with the great Belight. Thanks a lot.
Palikrovol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2005, 16:38   #524  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

The problem is that DSPGuru doesn't provide libvorbis.dll in his BeSweet package. In addition, some people have OggDSF installed. Thus, BeSweet uses this filter for the Vorbis transcoding when there isn't libvorbis.dll into BeSweet folder. In this case AFAIK, we can't use negative values with OggDSF. That's why, all in all, I think the best thing for all will be to include directly libvorbis.dll in BeLight package.
Old 21st July 2005, 16:56   #525  |  Link
Palikrovol

Quote:
The problem is that DSPGuru doesn't provide libvorbis.dll in his BeSweet package. In addition, some people have OggDSF installed. Thus, BeSweet uses this filter for the Vorbis transcoding when there isn't libvorbis.dll into BeSweet folder. In this case AFAIK, we can't use negative values with OggDSF. That's why, all in all, I think the best thing for all will be to include directly libvorbis.dll in BeLight package.
OK. But remember that there are optimazied versions of libvorbis.dll for pentium4, AMD and of course the general ones.

Are you going to make different builds or just include the general (not optimazied) libvorbis.dll?
Palikrovol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2005, 19:26   #526  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palikrovol
Are you going to make different builds or just include the general (not optimazied) libvorbis.dll?
There are lot of place in CC.org you know... So I can release different builds w/o problem.
Old 21st July 2005, 21:59   #527  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
OK. But remember that there are optimazied versions of libvorbis.dll for pentium4, AMD and of course the general ones.
You mean the lancer builds? I guess that those builds are just based on SSE which is also supported by AMD Athlon processors from XP onwards, probably SSE2 (don't think so), which means that those builds will work on AMD Athlon 64 and onwards.

But the optimized lancer builds (latest build based on Vorbis 1.1.1 + aoTuVb4) are indeed great. Almost doubled encoding speed...

Last edited by CiNcH; 21st July 2005 at 23:53.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2005, 15:54   #528  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

0.22 beta5 is up

Hi,

Finally, 0.22 beta 5 is out.

changelog :

- Add q negative settings for Vorbis Encoding (libvorbis.dll needed).
- Add some info in the Hint when we select the file in the Input File List.
- Add Polish & Russian Languages.
- Update the AAC presets by introducing the Fast Quality Mode.
- Fix the transcoding aborted flag.
- Fix the mono CBR Mode for MP3 Setting at 96 kbps.
- Fix the ProgressBar Position for MPEG and Vorbis files during the transcoding.

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 24th July 2005 at 10:01.
Old 24th July 2005, 03:41   #529  |  Link
Vlad74

The same problem :(

Hi Kurt!

I tested the 0.22b5 version and found the same problem with main program window: it is stably shrinked in the right-bottom corner and cannot be streched by mouse. In attempt to stretch it the program window stretches only in its left -top directions...

All the same as it was with the version 0.22b4.
I am using Win XP Pro SP2, CPU - AMD Duron, nVidia card...

And it is still OK when I use 0.21 and it was OK when I used version 0.22b1 and b2. Can I get them?

Last edited by Vlad74; 24th July 2005 at 03:49.
Vlad74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 10:00   #530  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Too bad for you...Did you use a large font with your PC (i.e 120 dpi) ? You can check this by a right click on your desktop then Properties --> Settings tab --> Advanced button.

Anyway, could you check with this version...Thanks.
Old 24th July 2005, 18:05   #531  |  Link
MrX

I'm working on a german translation. In the next days I will finish it.
But please leave for the next version more place for the "terms" and buttons. Because in other languages the "terms" are longer usually.
For example:
Options = Einstellungen
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2005, 19:56   #532  |  Link
neo_anderson

hey, i have a question, for ac3 to aac encoding, can i use both pregain and normalize to 100%, or should just one of them be used? which is the optimized way for ac3 to aac encoding in belight, i mean which all options?
Old 24th July 2005, 19:56   #533  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
I'm working on a german translation. In the next days I will finish it.
But please leave for the next version more place for the "terms" and buttons. Because in other languages the "terms" are longer usually.
I know...I try to make my best with terms and buttons but this is the main problem with translation.

If you want some help, I found in my old HD an old german translation created by Brother John. I can post it...

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 24th July 2005 at 19:58.
Old 24th July 2005, 19:57   #534  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_anderson
hey, i have a question, for ac3 to aac encoding, can i use both pregain and normalize to 100%, or should just one of them be used? which is the optimized way for ac3 to aac encoding in belight, i mean which all options?
Just one of them...is enough. By default, it's PreGain in BeLight.
Old 24th July 2005, 20:02   #535  |  Link
neo_anderson

kurt, dude, one more thing, should i use 44100 khz or 48000 khz for encoding ac3 to aac in belight?
Old 24th July 2005, 20:08   #536  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

It depends of your input file...but the aac compressor from Nero try to find the best and the optimized setting for you. So, let's the Sampling-Rate disabled....at least if you haven't some restrictions for your following tasks.
Old 24th July 2005, 20:16   #537  |  Link
Vlad74

Quote:
Too bad for you...Did you use a large font with your PC (i.e 120 dpi) ? You can check this by a right click on your desktop then Properties --> Settings tab --> Advanced button.

Anyway, could you check with this version...Thanks.
Hi, Kurt!

You are genius!
You have guessed absolutely right! I did had 120dpi fonts, because Normal fonts were a little bit small for my LCD monitor. When I had changed settings of video card to Normal, both versions of your program - the one you asked me to test and that one I downloaded before - both of them started to work without any shrinkage of windows.

Thank you very much for your help!

However, I think that shrinkage evidences of some gaps in your program, because neither version 0.21 nor other used programs do not depend on settings of video card. It would be great if this problem could be solved in the final version, that I await with impatience!

All the best for you
And good luck!
Vlad74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2005, 00:13   #538  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
BTW if your VOB contains only one audio stream and you have VOBInput.dll in BeLight folder, all should work fine by choosing "All Files" from the input list normally...
I think this tidbit should be mentioned on your first post. It took me awhile to read through this big thread and it was post #173.

Also, I find myself manually opening and reading the log if any errors occur. Request for a view log function and option to save?
Old 25th July 2005, 00:19   #539  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@Kurtnoise13

I forgot one more request. It's fine that you are using one thread for new BeLight announcements and discussions, but I would wish that there was some bookmarking table of contents in the first post to jump to versions when they have been released.

e.g.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=90960
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=92481

In case, someone might want to easily peruse through the archives.
Old 25th July 2005, 10:38   #540  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2COOL
I think this tidbit should be mentioned on your first post. It took me awhile to read through this big thread and it was post #173.
Well...you're right. I need to update my first post with some clues. btw, concerning this :

Quote:
if your VOB contains only one audio stream and you have VOBInput.dll in BeLight folder, all should work fine by choosing "All Files" from the input list normally...
It's not neccessary anymore because there is VOB Files in drop menu List Entry now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2COOL
Also, I find myself manually opening and reading the log if any errors occur. Request for a view log function and option to save?
The logfile is saved in your input folder....if you have checked "output log" of course in the settings.