Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 28th May 2005, 18:59   #1  |  Link
LRDX

Joining MP4 - synch issues

Hi!

I am having synch issues when trying to join MP4's:

The film is Fellowship of the Ring - 2 DVD, compressed to AVC +2xAAC ( +2xttxt +chapters), the seperate 1st and 2nd parts are fine. After muxing (with MP4Box), A/V synch breaks at the end of the fist and beginning of the second part.

YAMB/MP4Box tells the video in part 1 is 1:41:18:840 long, and the two audio streams are 1:41:17:909 - difference could be the source of the problem..

Question is: is it a bug in MP4Box, or is it a bug in the user?

EDIT: just checked the ttxt subtitles, they have the same problems as well..

Last edited by LRDX; 28th May 2005 at 19:09.
LRDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2005, 19:52   #2  |  Link
bond

afaik that is caused because of how the stream is stored on the second dvd

you might want to search in the dvd section for this special problem happening with the lotr dvds, i think there are too many/few frames in the beginning of the second dvd or so, but i dunno it exactly

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2005, 00:57   #3  |  Link
LRDX

Problem @ the first disc

Hi again!

Tried applying a 931ms delay (the difference I mentioned in the first post) on the audio track of the 2nd disc's audio tracks, and.. worked.

So the problem was (is), that MP4Box simply joined all streams disregarding that the audio was shorter than video on the first disc, so the second disc's audio got a 931ms haste. Silence has to be inserted between them to have proper A/V synch.

[OFF]
Don't know if it can be considered a bug, I dont expect a multiplexer to know the "silence" frames of all usable audio codec, and have them inserted when necessary..
[/OFF]
LRDX is offline   Reply With Quote