Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th April 2005, 01:05   #1  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
Slide show in DVD Mpeg4 AVC ?

Hello to all,

Would it be possible to make with NERO a slide show DVD Mpeg4 AVC?
The video will then be allocated to Mpeg4 AVC and sound in He-aac?

If it is not possible with NERO, which combines or software could make this work?

Thank you, any comment can be useful for me.

Goodbye
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 08:17   #2  |  Link
bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,779
dvd doesnt support avc and aac
__________________
Between the weak and the strong one it is the freedom which oppresses and the law that liberates (Jean Jacques Rousseau)
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 08:43   #3  |  Link
video
moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 205
Re: Slide show in DVD Mpeg4 AVC ?

Quote:
Originally posted by guada 2
Hello to all,

Would it be possible to make with NERO a slide show DVD Mpeg4 AVC?
The video will then be allocated to Mpeg4 AVC and sound in He-aac?

If it is not possible with NERO, which combines or software could make this work?

Thank you, any comment can be useful for me.

Goodbye
If you would like to produce intractive mp4 you may take a look at bond's signature
- or -
if you would like just having a powerpoint slideshow on dvd then there are a hoards of software for that, esp. DVD-X-Point from 321
__________________
one by one my leaves fall...
one by one my tales are told...
video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 11:13   #4  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
Hello Bon and video,

I am going to be more explicit because, it is true that you miss data.
I know that NERO allows to convert DVD films Mpeg2 to the DVD format 4.7gb in Mpeg4 AVC (made a file mpeg4 AVC of a size close to 4.464 Mb).
And there, I wondered as it is possible to realize a slide show of photo in VCD, SVCD, DVDmpeg2 (approximately 9716 kbps in progressive 2pass) with NERO, if there was some possibility of making not a DVDmpeg2 but of Mpeg4 AVC.

It adorned to make smile to VIDEO, which I thank in the passage.
But think you that it is possible to realize such a thing.
You imagine you the development of such a process, a video and audio format mpeg4 in mode slide show photo capable of surpassing the VCD and SVCD.
It is maybe a utopia, but I think that if we were able to realize in pure video the conversion DVDmpeg2 to Mpeg4 AVC, then the photo would not be an additive also interesting.

What is thus your point of view according to my reasoning?
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 13:48   #5  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman
 
Sharktooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Haddonfield, IL
Posts: 11,768
Quote:
Originally posted by guada 2
Hello Bon and video,

I am going to be more explicit because, it is true that you miss data.
I know that NERO allows to convert DVD films Mpeg2 to the DVD format 4.7gb in Mpeg4 AVC (made a file mpeg4 AVC of a size close to 4.464 Mb).
It's not true at all! Nero converts DVDs in MPEG-4 AVC (video) with MPEG-4 AAC (audio) in MP4 container and it is a completely different standard/format than (and incompatible with) DVD (mpeg2 video + AC3/DTS/PCM).

Quote:
Originally posted by guada 2
And there, I wondered as it is possible to realize a slide show of photo in VCD, SVCD, DVDmpeg2 (approximately 9716 kbps in progressive 2pass) with NERO, if there was some possibility of making not a DVDmpeg2 but of Mpeg4 AVC.
No. You're confusing everything. Please read some specs about the various formats.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 16:31   #6  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
Hello Sharktooth,


I believe that I am bad make understand.
Let us return provisiorement on my comments:

- The DVD of the business is indeed for the format MPEG 2, it consists of video file VTS which we call VOB.
NERO is in charge of transforming this format in MPEG 4 AVC ( VIDEO ) with the (audio) MPEG 4 AAC.
Nevertheless this format(size) converts is incompatible with the DVD of the business.
The whole countered normal.

- Nero can make slide show photos in the format VCD, SVCD and "miniDVD" (and not DVD). Sorry Sharktooth
Regulations in Nero can be made to obtain the quality maximum: the VCD remains unchanged 1150kbps, the SVCD 2500kbps 2pass progressive and finally the DVD with a maximal bitrate of progressive 9716 kbps 2pass.

As for me, I would have wished to know if we could make a slide show MPEG-4 AVC( video )?
Look at the capture DV it makes very real time and transformed automatically there mpeg4 AVC or into the others format according to NERO.No.
Photos are arrested well by the digital camera. No
What is that we can envisage so a study on the question, I do not know I

It is my query there, and for it I asked just in case if NERO was capable of making this spot.

I hope that I am better make listen and, that my demand will find answers.

Saddened for this total confusion.
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 04:46   #7  |  Link
video
moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally posted by guada 2
As for me, I would have wished to know if we could make a slide show MPEG-4 AVC( video )?
Look at the capture DV it makes very real time and transformed automatically there mpeg4 AVC or into the others format according to NERO.No.
Photos are arrested well by the digital camera. No
What is that we can envisage so a study on the question, I do not know I

It is my query there, and for it I asked just in case if NERO was capable of making this spot.

I hope that I am better make listen and, that my demand will find answers.

Saddened for this total confusion.
guada 2 sorry it's hard for me following you. did you mean THIS?
__________________
one by one my leaves fall...
one by one my tales are told...
video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 11:21   #8  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
I do not know what to say about the others. But I thank you for bearing myself.

Is Nero the only software to be supplied with the MPEG 4 AVC?
Has it in the world a software which allows to make a slide show for the MPEG 4 AVC?

If I insist on this point, it is because I had an idea on a project which I think would allow the codec MPEG 4 AVC of NERO to cross new steps.
What it means?
I know that Nero as some software realizes on a CD, slide shows under different commercial formats: VCD, SVCD and mini DVD.

My question is to know if the designers of NERO can elaborate an intermediate format which we shall name MPEG 4 AVC, included between the SVCD and the mini DVD.
Let us look at little around us, there is a lot of intermediate format, XVCD, KVCD, KVDVD and indeed still in the world of the video.
It is true generally it concerns only the video.
But we could not include in the standardization of the commercial formats(VCD, SVCD, miniDVD) in slide show a new format the MPEG 4 AVC.

NERO would throw then its codec in this adventure because some day certain drives shall indeed read its format.

An idea on the question, somebody..

Note: sorry for my translation
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 11:34   #9  |  Link
bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,779
just came to my mind: for slideshows variable framerate would rock and save lots of bitrate, but afaik there is no avc encoder supporting vfr atm

it would be easily doable with xvid -> mp4 tough afaik
__________________
Between the weak and the strong one it is the freedom which oppresses and the law that liberates (Jean Jacques Rousseau)
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 11:38   #10  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 10,570
Quote:
for slideshows variable framerate would rock and save lots of bitrate,
Why is that? If two subsequent frames are exactly the same in the source, the encoder would detect that.. that's the whole point of not using keyframe-only compression.
__________________
For the web's most comprehensive collection of DVD backup guides go to www.doom9.org
Doom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 11:42   #11  |  Link
bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,779
Quote:
Originally posted by Doom9
Why is that? If two subsequent frames are exactly the same in the source, the encoder would detect that.. that's the whole point of not using keyframe-only compression.
yep but the encoder still outputs the same frame multiple times (afaik avc doesnt allow n-vops as asp, which simply say "display the frame again"), eg on the sample posted above you than wouldnt need 400+ frames, but only 2
__________________
Between the weak and the strong one it is the freedom which oppresses and the law that liberates (Jean Jacques Rousseau)
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 11:59   #12  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 10,570
perhaps my memory of video compression classes has faded too much, but I was under the impression that if two subsequent frames are the same, you don't need any intra blocks and you have no motion vectors, so you essentially have nothing that would blow up your size by a noticeable amount.
__________________
For the web's most comprehensive collection of DVD backup guides go to www.doom9.org
Doom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 12:10   #13  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
That it is strange.

The regulations allowed by Nero would be false.
You can reassure me BOND by looking at the optional regulations proposed in NERO.

Actually I did not test it, but I would stain to make it rather quickly.

In very soon.
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 13:06   #14  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
Nero settings:

Format(Size) Sample: progressive
Audio format(size): automatic control engineering
Mode(Fashion) of encoding: high quality ( 2 master keys(passes) VBR)

Number of securities(titles): 1
1. Security(title) 1 (Slide show, 0 hours 00m 16s, 4 images(frames))
Video mode(fashion): PAL
Format(Size) of image: 4:3
Quality: personalize (9716 kbps)
Resolution: 720 x 576 (CCIR-601 D1)
Audio Smart Encoding ratio: 0.0 %
Video Smart Encoding ratio: 0.0 %

Number of menus: 1
- Menu for Security(Title) 1 ( 1 page)

Sorry bond,
I believe that you did not well understand me.
It is not of the MPEG 4 AVC 2pass vbr but of the miniDVD slide show or DVDvideo who proposes these regulations.

And for my part, I would have wished a codec intermediary MPEG 4 AVC, included between the SVCD and the miniDVD.

For it I thought of this method:
- Realize a miniDVD which restores me files VTS.
- Démultiplexing with beta DGIndex 1.30 5, to obtain the MPEG file media without the audio.
- Prepare its audio file by choosing its format(size) and multiplexing;
- Open NERO RECODE 3 to transform it into MPEG 4 AVC ( VIDEO ) and (audio) MPEG 4 AAC.

This method adorned me length, thus I thought that a designer could improve the system in the integral directly among choices VCD, SVCD, miniDVD.

What do you think about my method ?
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 13:47   #15  |  Link
video
moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally posted by guada 2
Nero settings:

Format(Size) Sample: progressive
Audio format(size): automatic control engineering
Mode(Fashion) of encoding: high quality ( 2 master keys(passes) VBR)

Number of securities(titles): 1
1. Security(title) 1 (Slide show, 0 hours 00m 16s, 4 images(frames))
Video mode(fashion): PAL
Format(Size) of image: 4:3
Quality: personalize (9716 kbps)
Resolution: 720 x 576 (CCIR-601 D1)
Audio Smart Encoding ratio: 0.0 %
Video Smart Encoding ratio: 0.0 %

Number of menus: 1
- Menu for Security(Title) 1 ( 1 page)

Sorry bond,
I believe that you did not well understand me.
It is not of the MPEG 4 AVC 2pass vbr but of the miniDVD slide show or DVDvideo who proposes these regulations.

And for my part, I would have wished a codec intermediary MPEG 4 AVC, included between the SVCD and the miniDVD.

For it I thought of this method:
- Realize a miniDVD which restores me files VTS.
- Démultiplexing with beta DGIndex 1.30 5, to obtain the MPEG file media without the audio.
- Prepare its audio file by choosing its format(size) and multiplexing;
- Open NERO RECODE 3 to transform it into MPEG 4 AVC ( VIDEO ) and (audio) MPEG 4 AAC.

This method adorned me length, thus I thought that a designer could improve the system in the integral directly among choices VCD, SVCD, miniDVD.

What do you think about my method ?
guada 2 here is the way i've made the avc slideshow sampler for you:
1) load digicam photos into irfanview (or whatever you like)
2) letterbox them to 1920x1080
3) save them as png 000000.png, 000001.png, etc
4) design an avisynth script, mine was (slideshow.avs):
Code:
imagereader("%06d.png",0,5,24,true)
#if pictures appearing upside down
flipvertical()
#to have 1920x1080 image sizes
addborders(147,0,148,0)
loop(72,0,0)
loop(72,72,72)
loop(72,144,144)
loop(72,216,216)
loop(72,288,288)
loop(72,360,360)
converttoyv12()
5) pass slideshow.avs to Recode, select max def - avc and set up the task
6) enjoy
__________________
one by one my leaves fall...
one by one my tales are told...
video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 14:37   #16  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
Thank you for this work VIDEO.
It adorned you so easy while I miss cruelly forming in this domain.

You indeed understand, I am only a superior technician in climatic genius and not an expert in script to see in programming.
I appreciate.

Besides, I suppose that you already have make this test?
What is your global point of view? Is it worth it with regard to the SVCD or not?

Please clarify.
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 15:35   #17  |  Link
video
moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally posted by guada 2
Thank you for this work VIDEO.
It adorned you so easy while I miss cruelly forming in this domain.

You indeed understand, I am only a superior technician in climatic genius and not an expert in script to see in programming.
I appreciate.

Besides, I suppose that you already have make this test?
What is your global point of view? Is it worth it with regard to the SVCD or not?

Please clarify.
guada 2 if you have a 720p/1080p TVset, then it looks slightly better than a 720x480(576) image - but playability on standalones is a proplem. (S)VCD is playable on standalones, guaranteed. If You do mpeg4/avi ASP that's playable, too on divx boxes - however i haven't seen standalone player supporting larger images than CCIR601 D1 - mean it will show 300dpi 3:2 photos but with D1 letterboxed frame size. So regarding slideshows - i don't see any superiority of AVC besides ASP or even mpeg2 HP@HL. atm it's nothing else but playing with technologies, and bearing the risk, that "hires" AVC MP4 slide shows may not be playable in future players. Regarding HD, HD-DVD is comping and yes, it will support mpeg4 avc/asp/m$vc-1, and probably it will support mpeg4 'inetractive' but probably in a bastardized way. DVD-Forum is good at setting up huge, complex, nobody-knows-how-it-meant-to-play-originally specs. And sadly keeping the very internals in secret. Yep, it's about control.

To be totally honest, I didn't test it so much i just tailor made somenthing to make you happy. Avisynth is great - extendible but about video processing, not slideshows - however it can do a very basic slideshow, if you wish - but probably after this rather embrionic exepriment (which was about let having nero recode do the samba) some may want transitions - that's may require however plugin development for avisynth, not just scripting. The next isssue is interactivity - where nero recode is out of orc, i mean mpeg4 system authoring, in similar DVD terms DVD authoring not just mpeg transcoding and muxing - and nobody knows atm (as i told) what HD-DVD will be...
__________________
one by one my leaves fall...
one by one my tales are told...
video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 23:14   #18  |  Link
guada 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lyon
Posts: 718
Video,

I appreciate your personality, because you know spoken just: humility, light and the truth.
Useless to develop the subject, I distinguish "perfectly" things because I understand this reality and all that you have mention.

The learning is never ended; but the reality stays our reality...

It was just a bracket.

Mario
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 09:10   #19  |  Link
Duck11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by video
If you would like to produce intractive mp4 you may take a look at bond's signature
- or -
if you would like just having a powerpoint slideshow on dvd then there are a hoards of software for that, esp. DVD-X-Point from 321
For ex. http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/
Duck11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.