Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 5th January 2002, 00:38   #1  |  Link
phuntyme

guides downloadable?

I've tried to dl the guides and print it out but have had a greate deal of difficulties. Mostly to do with the way the guides are formatted... Its too wide for the printer, and not resizable.

If its just me let me know =<

But if this is done on purpose, wouldn't it help reduce the bandwidth this site consumes if the guides were downloadable. Certainly on my part, I sometimes need to go over the guides several times before I understand (thick).
phuntyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 02:29   #2  |  Link
khp

Quote:
I've tried to dl the guides and print it out but have had a greate deal of difficulties. Mostly to do with the way the guides are formatted... Its too wide for the printer, and not resizable.
If U are talking about the guides here at doom9, your problem with printing is probably that u are printing the entire page, try to print only the frame where the guide appears, that should resize just fine. Other options include using landscape mode for printing and/or zooming the printed page.

As for downloading the guides you could just save the html pages to disk. Or if u are using MS internet explorer u can add the guides to favorites and enable offline browsing, this can be configured to include all pages linked by the page recursivly in n steps (use this option with caution, for large values of n the amount of data downloaded can grow exponentially).
khp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 05:35   #3  |  Link
phuntyme

i did dl the frames even =<

Yeah, I've even tried to DL the frames and print them and they are still too wide... I have problems resizing the pages so it will fit... I think its the way the pages are laid out...

If you didn't have any problems printing then I guess its just me O_o
phuntyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 05:51   #4  |  Link
xzquala

um....

if you have office xp installed, then you can just copy the text out of the guide and when you paste it into a blank word document, it will keep all of the html formatting, but will arrange it to fit properly on pages.

just an idea, it has worked fr me numerous times, but I have never tried from doom9's page