Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > DV
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th March 2005, 20:30   #1  |  Link
nnigam

Sony DCR-TRV310 and firewire capture

I am trying to capture from my DV Camcorder to my computer through the firewire cable. When I connect my camera, I see that the sony device is identified correctly. WinDV however does not see the device and thinks it is looking for microsoft camera and gives error notice about dropped frames but captures nothing. Nero does not see the camera at all. Microsoft Movie maker correctly sees the camera and when I play the video, I can see it on screen. However, the moment I click the record button, my pc freezez. My camera has the ilink port which is the same as firewire, but do I need some special drivers. I tried disabling all other programs running such as virus software, zonealarm firewall, network etc. with no difference.

Any other program out there to capture from camera to pc via firewire, preferably as one file that I could then run through dvdatecode to make dates as subtitles. My camera is getting old, and I want to move video's to dvd before it fails on me.

I have AMD3400+
1 gig ram
250gig hard disk
Old 16th March 2005, 15:34   #2  |  Link
nnigam

The exact error message that I am getting is

'Error Couldn't find |AMDropeedFrames'

This appears in the status bar the moment the application starts up. Clicking the capture button changes the status message for an instant, but too fast to read, and then it reverts back to this message without capturing anything. I also cannot view the video in the application.

Hope this helps.