Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th November 2004, 23:16   #401  |  Link
lamster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 299
VobBlanker has source available; it includes modified DVD2AVIdg source. So, that's one way to go.

The MSDN article Writing a DVD Playback Application in DirectShow lists some likely-looking commands in Table 1.
lamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 01:23   #402  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon
 
r0lZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,018
Quote:
Originally posted by lamster
VobBlanker has source available; it includes modified DVD2AVIdg source. So, that's one way to go.

The MSDN article Writing a DVD Playback Application in DirectShow lists some likely-looking commands in Table 1.
Thanks for the infos.

The modified DVD2AVI used by VobBlanker is driven by Windows messages send by the main app. Unfortunately, being a multi-platform language, Tcl doesn't have support to send such Windows messages (although it supports DDE messages via an additional module.)

And building a DirectX app is not really easy. I have never done that kind of programmation, and DirectX programming is well known to be a real black nightmare. Furthermore, I think DirectX has no provision for playing some specific cells out of a VOB.

Anyway, I want to complete some important improvments in PgcEdit (the Trace function and the ability to edit the menu button commands) before going to that tedious work. But it's on my TODO list...
__________________
r0lZ
PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D blu-rays to SBS, T&B or FS MKV
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 02:16   #403  |  Link
blutach
Country Member
 
blutach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: is everything!
Posts: 6,499
Re: Comments and suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by lamster
First, I'd like the ability to configure where the backup goes - including the ability to specify a relative path. (This way, I don't have to remember to delete the backup directory when burning the VIDEO_TS directory.)
Don't know what burner you are using, but when I burn using Nero v6.6 selecting DVD-Video mode, dragging the files in (even after a "Ctrl-A select all") does not drag in the sub-folders like PgcEdit backup.

Regards
__________________
Les

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 02:20   #404  |  Link
blutach
Country Member
 
blutach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: is everything!
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
@blutach
If the the NextPGCN is pointing to it's own PGC #, then at the last chapter, you will jump immediately to the post commands. So in VMGM PGC 3, Sajan will jump to it's own Post commands. Therefore, executing his LinkPGN 4 command.

PrevPGCN will jump to Pre commands.
As usual, thanks 2COOL, I learn somethng new every day from you.

PS. Guide looks good - you decided to leave step 29 in?

@rolz
I know you are trying to complete the trace function, and this is something we have all been eagerly awaiting, but 2COOL's guide on chapter skipping would be a real winner as the next PgcEdit macro, don't you think?
__________________
Les

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 06:48   #405  |  Link
lamster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 299
Hello r0lZ,

The info about the DirectShow capabilities was really in response to the comment about only being able to "play" a DVD. I wouldn't really want to have to write a DirectX application just to do the preview.

As for DVD2AVI being driven by a message loop, that's where my idea of having a program from the Tools menu handle the preview comes into play. I was hoping to find some sample C / C++ source code that I could easily wrap to create a "glue" application that would act as the interface.

Unfortunately, I don't know Tcl, so I couldn't tell from looking at exec_tool how hard it would be to add a pluggable parameter to indicate the currently selected menu or PGC number.
lamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 06:56   #406  |  Link
lamster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 299
Re: Comments and suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by blutach
Don't know what burner you are using, but when I burn using Nero v6.6 selecting DVD-Video mode, dragging the files in (even after a "Ctrl-A select all") does not drag in the sub-folders like PgcEdit backup.
I'm using Nero 5.5. I've always used UDF/ISO mode, and in that mode it does copy the subdirectories.
lamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 06:58   #407  |  Link
jeanl
Registered User
 
jeanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally posted by lamster
Hello r0lZ,
The info about the DirectShow capabilities was really in response to the comment about only being able to "play" a DVD. I wouldn't really want to have to write a DirectX application just to do the preview.
what I meant by that was that that direct-X DVD support does not let you have access to individual cells/programs, not even to PGCs!!!! It gives you pretty much the same controls a user has with his/her remote! I'll take a look at the way jsoto did it for vobblanker though...

Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 07:27   #408  |  Link
Sajan
Registered User
 
Sajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Siberia, Russia
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
I thought we were working on a freshly ripped DVD. I didn't know you had re-authored it. So, how did you do it to 3 discs? Note: Just woke up.
Quote:
Najica Blitz Tactics (episodes 1-12) (2 DVD-9, about 6,5G each), region 5.
I'm trying to reauthorize it to 3 DVD-5 without recompressing of video.
Mmm... 2*6,5 = 3*4,5
I had to split episodes for 4 per DVD. Also threw away some addons (not enough DVD space) with hiding according buttons. Of course, removing PUOPs and making region-free. Correcting PrevPG,NextPG. In 2nd DVD-5 I had to merge some menus from both original DVD-9 (chapters and addons) with correcting links.
Note: For now it's time when I just woke up. )
Sajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 07:36   #409  |  Link
lamster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally posted by jeanl
what I meant by that was that that direct-X DVD support does not let you have access to individual cells/programs, not even to PGCs!!!! It gives you pretty much the same controls a user has with his/her remote! I'll take a look at the way jsoto did it for vobblanker though...
The stuff in the MSDN article sounded pretty good, but now that I've dug down a bit, I see what you mean. The IDvdControl2::ShowMenu() method only lets you specify the title, root, subpicture, audio, angle and chapter menus, not an arbitrary menu by PGC ID.

I tried getting the Media Player Classic source from SourceForge, but that uses the DirectShow stuff, so that's no good for this.
lamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 08:13   #410  |  Link
jeanl
Registered User
 
jeanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
The stuff in the MSDN article sounded pretty good, but now that I've dug down a bit, I see what you mean. The IDvdControl2::ShowMenu() method only lets you specify the title, root, subpicture, audio, angle and chapter menus, not an arbitrary menu by PGC ID.
yes, exactly! It's very very very limited. There's bound to be a way to do it (vobblanker has it), but I'm sure it's more intricate that I was hoping it would be. Best would be to adapt the code that vobblanker uses because it seems to work just fine. The question remains of how to communicate between tck/tk and windows. If you can call a C++ program from tcl/tk, then we could replicate jsoto's windows messages solution by having a small program forward calls from tcl/tk to windows... Pretty ugly but hey, as long as it does the job...
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 08:44   #411  |  Link
blutach
Country Member
 
blutach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: is everything!
Posts: 6,499
Re: Re: Comments and suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by lamster
I'm using Nero 5.5. I've always used UDF/ISO mode, and in that mode it does copy the subdirectories.
Any reason why you use UDF mode instead of DVD-Video mode (which works very well?
__________________
Les

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 09:39   #412  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon
 
r0lZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,018
Re: Re: Comments and suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by lamster
I'm using Nero 5.5. I've always used UDF/ISO mode, and in that mode it does copy the subdirectories.
I made the backup the way it is, because it is easy to automate the backup creation when opening the DVD for the first time: if the backup directory doesn't already exists, then I can safely assume that I must create it.
If you use an arbitrary location, I cannot assume anymore that the directory used is related to the current DVD, and therefore I will need to remove the automatic creation, and the restore backup option.
Anyway, I think that selecting only the files before dragging them to Nero is not so difficult!
__________________
r0lZ
PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D blu-rays to SBS, T&B or FS MKV
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 09:43   #413  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon
 
r0lZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,018
Quote:
Originally posted by jeanl
yes, exactly! It's very very very limited. There's bound to be a way to do it (vobblanker has it), but I'm sure it's more intricate that I was hoping it would be. Best would be to adapt the code that vobblanker uses because it seems to work just fine. The question remains of how to communicate between tck/tk and windows. If you can call a C++ program from tcl/tk, then we could replicate jsoto's windows messages solution by having a small program forward calls from tcl/tk to windows... Pretty ugly but hey, as long as it does the job...
Jeanl
Interesting idea. Tcl support DDE messages, as you can see here. Maybe it's the solution...
__________________
r0lZ
PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D blu-rays to SBS, T&B or FS MKV
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 13:33   #414  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon
 
r0lZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,018
PgcEdit 0.3.8 released
  • New Edit -> Append to Scratchbook function to add the selected commands directly to the scratchbook. This option is also available in the menu buttons viewer (with the clipboard functions.)
  • PGC Editor: added the ability to edit the PG Playback Mode (sequential, random or shuffle mode.)
  • It is now possible to paste commands in full text format (copied with 'Copy as Text') directly in the main listbox. Note that the *** labels are not pasted: you may therefore paste the pre, post and cell commands in one operation, but all commands will be pasted in the same section.
  • New option "Include [hex codes] in Info / commands dumps ?".
  • Help -> ISO639 Language Codes now lists also the decimal and hex values.
  • Since CSetCLnk, CSetLnk and SetCLnk must have an IF condition, the IF checkbox has been removed from the GUI.
  • Now, the "New 'Play All' Title" utility display the new TTN number in the PGC selector.
  • Undo now mark the DVD as modified.
Also, thanks to Baldrick, there is now a new mirror of the PgcEdit's homepage at www.videohelp.com.
__________________
r0lZ
PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D blu-rays to SBS, T&B or FS MKV

Last edited by r0lZ; 8th November 2004 at 14:02.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 16:55   #415  |  Link
lamster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 299
Re: Re: Re: Comments and suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by blutach
Any reason why you use UDF mode instead of DVD-Video mode (which works very well?
That's how one of the guides I read (on Doom9) said to do it, so that's how I did it for my first backup, and I've been doing it that way ever since.

From a post by coona:
Quote:
Standalone players are able to read data in UDF mode. But computers need to use ISO. So that is why UDF/IFO is recommended -> to obtain best compatibility for standalones and computers.

Difference between DVD-VIDEO and UDF/ISO mode in Nero is version of UDF. In DVD-VIDEO mode was used version 1.05 but oficial standard for standalones is 1.02. This is the reason for problem with compatibility of DVDs burned with Nero. Some old players were unable to read newer version (1.05) UDF.
See also this thread
Anyway, this is getting off of the topic at hand...
lamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 17:58   #416  |  Link
lamster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 299
Re: Comments and suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by r0lZ
I made the backup the way it is, because it is easy to automate the backup creation when opening the DVD for the first time: if the backup directory doesn't already exists, then I can safely assume that I must create it.
Actually, that raises another point - it might be nice if there were an option to backup the IFO files when the first change is made. The reason for this is that I often examine the IFO files of the original rip while DVD-Rebuilder is running, so I can understand the changes that need to be made, but don't actually make any changes until after Rebuilder completes, at which point I open the IFO files in my "Rebuilt" directory, and those are the ones that I modify. So, I'd like to keep the ability to automatically back up the IFO's I'm editing, but I don't want to bother doing it for the ones I'm not.
Quote:

If you use an arbitrary location, I cannot assume anymore that the directory used is related to the current DVD, and therefore I will need to remove the automatic creation, and the restore backup option.
I did say "including the ability to specify a relative path". I'd be happy if there was just a checkbox that said to create it in the parent directory of the VIDEO_TS directory.
Quote:

Anyway, I think that selecting only the files before dragging them to Nero is not so difficult!
This is certainly not a show-stopper, or even particularly high priority; I'm just throwing it out as something that I'd like to see. (I think it would be "cleaner" that way.) If you don't think it's worth doing, I can live with that.
lamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 18:20   #417  |  Link
jeanl
Registered User
 
jeanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally posted by r0lZ
  • It is now possible to paste commands in full text format (copied with 'Copy as Text') directly in the main listbox. Note that the *** labels are not pasted: you may therefore paste the pre, post and cell commands in one operation, but all commands will be pasted in the same section.
Now that's very coool!!!!
Thanks for all these updates and improvements r0lZ!!!
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 19:06   #418  |  Link
jeanl
Registered User
 
jeanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally posted by r0lZ
Interesting idea. Tcl support DDE messages, as you can see here. Maybe it's the solution...
Interesting. Indeed, DDE provides a simple pipe to talk between Tcl and C++/windows programs. I wonder if that's what jsoto used to control DVD2AVI, although I think I remember he used Windows SendMessage...
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 20:21   #419  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training
 
2COOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NTSC Land
Posts: 3,552
@r0lZ

I have a Scooby Doo 2(R1) that has it LUs not showing a menu language.



Is there anywhere in PgcEdit to edit this? I can do it in the VMGM_PGCI_UT or VTSM_PGCI_UT using IfoEdit.

2 requests:

1) PGC Program Map editing
2) PTT_SRPTI editing
__________________
2COOL
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 21:38   #420  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon
 
r0lZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,018
No, you cannot edit the LU language with PgcEdit (for now.) Anyway, if the language is unset, you probably have only one LU. Editing it is therefore useless: it will be played anyway, regardless of the current player configuration.

And yes, the Program map and chapter table edition is on my todo list. It's an important feature to add. Please remind me later, when I will have some time...
__________________
r0lZ
PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D blu-rays to SBS, T&B or FS MKV
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.