Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 16th January 2003, 09:32   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

«-«-« 2COOL's Cheat Sheets & Guides List »-»-»

2CL's Cheat Sheets & Guides List J

Updated: July 15, 2005 (1 entry)
Last Update: February 4, 2005

I've learned a lot in these great forums of Doom9 since I've registered in Oct2002. My cheat sheets and guides are my way of giving back to the community. It's hard to come up with a standard guide to fix everything as DVDs are authored a million ways. Though some of these guides maybe DVD specific, you might find a tip or two that will work on another DVD I haven't posted. I strongly believe in learning through examples. All movies I backup are NTSC region 1.

As time goes by, my cheat sheets and other guides will be scattered around the forum. Here is a consolidated list of my accomplishments to help you seek, learn, and burn. Let me know if it worked for you.

“You take the BLUE pill, the story ends...you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill, you stay in Wonderland and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” quote from Morpheus to Neo to 2CL to you, The Matrix.

If you have any questions, please post it in associated thread or PM me.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
* Movies that originally contained Aspect Ratio Selection Menus
OBSLETE: Guide is old due to current tools now automating them.

MOVIE GUIDES (NO TRANSCODING OR ENCODING):
Note: These cheat sheets were created before DVD2One 1.0.1, Instant Copy 7.0, and DVD95Copy was introduced. Some of them,DVD-splits or with credits taken out, would be done differently now using the programs mentioned as they can be used to keep your whole DVD. Keep in mind that these cheat sheets are at original video quality. The ones with bypassing aspect ratio selection menu procedures are still good to learn and use.

For you people who are looking for a cheat sheet on a specific DVD on bypassing the Aspect Ratio Menu (widescreen or fullscreen), try my generic guide on getting rid of it. If you have any success, post what DVD you were working on and what it's region code is in that thread.PARTIAL MOVIE GUIDES (NO TRANSCODING OR ENCODING):MOVIE GUIDES (WITH TRANSCODING OR ENCODING):MY TIPS, TRICKS, & TECHNIQUES:Continued in next post...

Last edited by 2COOL; 15th July 2005 at 20:20.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2003, 22:09   #2  |  Link
2COOL

MISCELLANEOUS GUIDES:
Continued in next post...

Last edited by 2COOL; 31st May 2005 at 12:16.
Old 20th January 2003, 13:18   #4  |  Link
waldok
French fries forever

Region 2 question

hi 2cool, and your nick says it all !

This is invaluable information you provided with your great cheat sheets. Now I was willing to dive a bit into corresponding region 2 titles to see the differences. I plan to try Lilo & Stitch tonight (if wife doesn't start yelling...) and see where the differences are compared to your region 1 sheet. Man, I'm not quite sure I can handle it as well as you did, but your information should help me I guess.

Thanks again for your work.

Waldok
waldok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2003, 13:27   #5  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@2cool: you can edit your original thread and add new titles instead of posting a reply with a new link
Old 22nd February 2003, 13:51   #6  |  Link
htc10825
Gladiator

very cool!

But I have just another problem: The DVD "Feet of Frames" Cht-Version staring always with a chinese menu selection, after click on the button "Feet of Frames" then switch to english menu. How can I change the default menu page to english?
htc10825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2003, 14:19   #7  |  Link
Goldfinger_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom9
@2cool: you can edit your original thread and add new titles instead of posting a reply with a new link
i would much prefer if 2COOL could do both, as i'm subscribed to the thread and only know if something has been updated, by 2COOL replying (no notifications if he just edits)
Old 25th February 2003, 14:45   #8  |  Link
htc10825
Gladiator

Improvement on "Getting Rid of Movie-Intros"

I've just posted a massage in your thread "Getting Rid of Movie-Intros". The original steps 1. -12. can be simplifed to ONE step.
htc10825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2003, 03:59   #9  |  Link
Reggatta Mondatta

Great Work!

Really appreciate all the work you have done and documenting it for others. My RL ("Real Life") work keeps me from doing my 'DVD thing' regularly, so having this source of information to refresh from is great. Once again, many thanks.

Regards,

RM
Reggatta Mondatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2003, 00:04   #10  |  Link
geffroman

2cool

I have been struggling to find and remove the Widescreen/Full Screen Menu on "The ONE"

Have you ever dealt with this one... Any assistance would be appreciated...

Thanks... Jeff
geffroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2003, 05:01   #11  |  Link
2COOL

Re: 2cool

Quote:
Originally posted by geffroman
I have been struggling to find and remove the Widescreen/Full Screen Menu on "The ONE"

Have you ever dealt with this one... Any assistance would be appreciated...

Thanks... Jeff
Just wanted to touch bases with you to inquire if you are referring to region 1 "The One". If so, I can look into as I have an original copy. Mine is a special edition with widescreen and fullscreen.
Old 8th May 2003, 06:52   #12  |  Link
geffroman

Re: Re: 2cool

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
Just wanted to touch bases with you to inquire if you are referring to region 1 "The One". If so, I can look into as I have an original copy. Mine is a special edition with widescreen and fullscreen.
Yes... Thats exactly what mine is... Thanks for looking at it for me... Jeff
Old 16th May 2003, 00:22   #13  |  Link
royalb

Region free

In your cheat sheet you tell the user to "region free". I assume that you are using it as a verb. How do I do that?

royalb
royalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2003, 01:28   #14  |  Link
2COOL

Re: Region free

Quote:
Originally posted by royalb
In your cheat sheet you tell the user to "region free". I assume that you are using it as a verb. How do I do that?

royalb
At the time my cheat sheet in question was written, I was using Smartripper 2.41 instead of DVd Decrypter. I was making sure that when you ripped the files to your harddrive, the files were already purged/removed of RCE or Region Coding Enhancement. And what is RCE you ask? Here's a Regional Coding Enhancement FAQ for you.

Since I worked only with region 1 NSTC DVDs, I put in a step to make sure that all IFOs were free of RCE. If detected then you would take it out and save the IFO and BUP.

To "Region Free" a IFO, first select a IFO file in IFOedit. Look at the bottom buttons, you'll see one that says "Region Free". With your IFO highlighted and selected, press this button. You will get a message saying if you do or don't have RCE in this IFO. You must remember to save any IFO that you had RCE detected and removed.

Now, I have been using DVD Decrypter strictly as of late and it does a better job on removing RCE during ripping so that step can be optional.

Last edited by 2COOL; 16th May 2003 at 07:54.
Old 11th June 2003, 21:19   #15  |  Link
geffroman

Tears of the Sun

Anyone Done Tears of the Sun yet...?

I a having difficulty BYPASSING Title 2 on PLAY to get to the main movie. I have stipped the unwanted Title 2 data but I still have a delay because it must still cycle through the Title 2 then Title 1 (Title One being the movie)

When I try the Title 2 change all Post Commands to Precommand a BREAK stops playback...

I'm stuck...

Regards... Jeff
Old 11th June 2003, 21:57   #16  |  Link
Defiler
Asker of Questions

We need an "adding subtitles to a DVD that didn't have them before" guide, since I'm definitely having trouble with that.
Defiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 22:17   #17  |  Link
Goldfinger_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Defiler
We need an "adding subtitles to a DVD that didn't have them before" guide, since I'm definitely having trouble with that.
this might help:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...s+from+scratch
Old 11th June 2003, 22:21   #18  |  Link
Defiler
Asker of Questions

Thanks for the link, Goldfinger, but I'm talking about actually taking DVD subtitles from one disc, and putting them on another. Not a text-based subtitle format, like SSA, SRT, etc.
Defiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2003, 00:51   #19  |  Link
2COOL

Re: Tears of the Sun

Quote:
Originally posted by geffroman
When I try the Title 2 change all Post Commands to Precommand a BREAK stops playback...
You need to read the guide again. All commands with "Break" in them need to be changed to jump to first converted Post Command.

If you are still confused, post your original commands in your PGC Command Table for title 2.
Old 12th June 2003, 05:07   #20  |  Link
geffroman

Re: Re: Tears of the Sun

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
You need to read the guide again. All commands with "Break" in them need to be changed to jump to first converted Post Command.

If you are still confused, post your original commands in your PGC Command Table for title 2.
I knew that... got lazy... forgot... THANK YOU...

My bad cost me a disc... better call Meritline and reorder...

2COOL... did you ever give that MOVIE TITLE thing a look see...?

Regards... Jeff