Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2019, 19:15   #28941  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Portugal
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I have no stuttering between m2ts of the 0800.mpls, but no FF/REW.
Jdobbs
Can I send Michi the testing version you have sent me by PM ?
It improves a lot the FF/REW problem on Dolby vision titles.
Any development on that issue ?
Thanks
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 20:17   #28942  |  Link
Mike-uk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Dorset
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaQ View Post
How do I enable One-Pass CRF Encoding?
I already put FIXED_CRF=19 in my bdrebuilder.ini but the option ist still grayed out.
Anything else I have to consider?
you shouldnt need to amend the.ini to get 1 pass,

re download the latest version and pop into a folder somewhere and by default it will be 1 pass auto quality
Mike-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 21:35   #28943  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish
 
FreaQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-uk View Post
you shouldnt need to amend the.ini to get 1 pass,

re download the latest version and pop into a folder somewhere and by default it will be 1 pass auto quality
One Pass is only enabled with ABR option. But I want the CRF option.

FreaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 21:43   #28944  |  Link
cartman0208
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaQ View Post
One Pass is only enabled with ABR option. But I want the CRF option.
I think I answered that some days ago ... do NOT use FRIM source or internal LAVF for frame serving ... just leave it at DirectshowSource ...
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 22:13   #28945  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish
 
FreaQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
I think I answered that some days ago ... do NOT use FRIM source or internal LAVF for frame serving ... just leave it at DirectshowSource ...
Thanks that did the trick. Did not have ffdshow installed.
FreaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 15:32   #28946  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
Jdobbs
Can I send Michi the testing version you have sent me by PM ?
It improves a lot the FF/REW problem on Dolby vision titles.
Any development on that issue ?
Thanks
I don't mind. But, you may want to hang on, I'm about to send you a link to another test version via PM.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 15:37   #28947  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Portugal
Posts: 322
Further testing on m2ts stuttering. I used BDrebuilder for movie only and in that case both m2ts are joined.
The stuttering still exists, so my conclusion is that the problem is probably on tsmuxer remuxing.
Probably itīs some correction that itīs not 100% fixed.

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 5th November 2019 at 09:23.
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 22:29   #28948  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,470
BD Rebuilder v0.60.29

I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the latest version of BD-RB. Changes for this release:
Code:
- Updated the UHD remuxing routines to more
  accurately represent the access points for
  FF/REW on dolbyvision sources.
- Added routine to scan/examine dolbyvision
  streams and align iframes in the reencoded 
  output for matching CPI() references.
- Added code to extract and convert timed
  text subtitles to SRT from MP4 files during
  import so they can be used in BD creation 
  or output to ALTERNATE formats.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 03:08   #28949  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the latest version of BD-RB. Changes for this release:
Code:
- Updated the UHD remuxing routines to more
  accurately represent the access points for
  FF/REW on dolbyvision sources.
- Added routine to scan/examine dolbyvision
  streams and align iframes in the reencoded 
  output for matching CPI() references.
- Added code to extract and convert timed
  text subtitles to SRT from MP4 files during
  import so they can be used in BD creation 
  or output to ALTERNATE formats.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Thanks Boss!

I don't normally do 4k, so sorry I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly BDRB does with these sources. Can you import a 4k source, say an MKV file that is 3840 by 2160 and I would guess that it would also be x265, right? Then, what are your options as to what to do with it? Can you then render it as a playable standard Blu-ray with x264. Does it automatically resize it? Can you render it to a 'normal' playable x264 MKV file? I'm just not sure what BDRB does exactly or what UHD sources you can import with it.

I don't have a 4k setup. I have an OPPO BDP-83 which I just sent to OPPO to have it reconditioned. I like it mainly because it is pre-Cinavia and I back up a LOT of my stuff. And, I have a very old Plasma that hasn't died yet and still looks really good, so I'm just wondering if I can take some of these 4k sources, either the full 4k Blu-ray or an MKV file taken from it and make it playable on my 'standard' Blu-ray equipment, and exactly what options I have to do so?

I appreciate any input, thanks!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 03:20   #28950  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 986
Just another quickie... (it doesn't take me long to recover )

Assuming, that BDRB does this then, how is the 'quality' retention. I mean, when you take even a really large standard Blu-ray, say over 40 Gigs and you use BDRB to render it to a BD25, the results are beautiful. How does that compare if you are converting full 4k resolution to standard Blu-ray resolution (assuming BDRB does this) I mean, is the quality retention just as comparable, or with the resizing and all, is it simply better just to stay with the standard HD versions. Just curious if it is worth the trouble...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 11:48   #28951  |  Link
gonca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Scarborough, Canada
Posts: 963
Quote:
Just another quickie... (it doesn't take me long to recover )
I'm surprised you can get started
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 20:34   #28952  |  Link
cartman0208
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Just another quickie... (it doesn't take me long to recover )

Assuming, that BDRB does this then, how is the 'quality' retention. I mean, when you take even a really large standard Blu-ray, say over 40 Gigs and you use BDRB to render it to a BD25, the results are beautiful. How does that compare if you are converting full 4k resolution to standard Blu-ray resolution (assuming BDRB does this) I mean, is the quality retention just as comparable, or with the resizing and all, is it simply better just to stay with the standard HD versions. Just curious if it is worth the trouble...
Scroll up ... I think jdobbs kind of answered this about 10 posts before yours
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 22:47   #28953  |  Link
gonca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Scarborough, Canada
Posts: 963
Quote:
Scroll up ... I think jdobbs kind of answered this about 10 posts before yours
You mean that jdobbs said that UHD to HD conversion isn't supported yet?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 22:49   #28954  |  Link
gonca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Scarborough, Canada
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not positive what you are asking. But if you plan to have it stay UHD, there is no choice. The specification requires it to be HEVC (X265). If your intent is to resize it and create a 1080p BD-25... BD-RB doesn't have an option to resize UHD to HD yet.
This is the post Lathe
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 01:38   #28955  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Portugal
Posts: 322
Jdobbs
Any chance to add a option of replacing audio/subtitle on BD/UHD ?
I know that I can do it by replacing files on workfile but I have to redo everything twice.
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 02:28   #28956  |  Link
zamengo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
Jdobbs
Any chance to add a option of replacing audio/subtitle on BD/UHD ?
I know that I can do it by replacing files on workfile but I have to redo everything twice.
You don't need to do everything twice, replace track before muxing, i have no problem with this.
zamengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 05:56   #28957  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
I'm surprised you can get started
DOHHHHHHH!

Well, at least I do not require a picture of a sleek, sexy elk...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 06:01   #28958  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
This is the post Lathe
Oh okay... So, all that BDRB does then with UHD sources or any content that has that resolution is just compress it but KEEP that same resolution, and what, use x265 to compress it...?

What would help me a little better is if someone could please just state exactly what BDRB does with UHD or 4k sources. That would clear it up for me. Thanks for the clarification, though, about it apparently not converting it from UHD to a regular x264 playable Blu-ray.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 06:06   #28959  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 986
... and, I am STILL not getting any notifications when someone posts here. What do I hafta do, sacrifice a goat in my backyard or something...?!

I just now added 'http://forum.doom9.org' for Chrome to allow this site to set cookies. I didn't think that I specifically had to do that, but nothing else has worked so far...

Last edited by Lathe; 7th November 2019 at 06:11.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 06:11   #28960  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Oh okay... So, all that BDRB does then with UHD sources or any content that has that resolution is just compress it but KEEP that same resolution, and what, use x265 to compress it...?

What would help me a little better is if someone could please just state exactly what BDRB does with UHD or 4k sources. That would clear it up for me. Thanks for the clarification, though, about it apparently not converting it from UHD to a regular x264 playable Blu-ray.
Sorry to talk to myself, but... So, what I am understanding from this so far is that BDRB will convert all OTHER formats to a playable Blu-ray or an Alternate file (MKV for example) But, as far as any 4k content, that is dealt with ONLY within it's own format, right? So, in the case of UHD material, that is the ONLY format with which BDRB does NOT convert it to any other format, is that right? So, in other words, BDRB deals with either HD material OR UHD material, each one handled COMPLETELY SEPARATELY, right?
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.