Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 22nd January 2018, 23:06   #5061  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Track statistics tags are indeed not reported, but if other tags are present, then they are reported.

Cuesheets aren't a concept in Matroska. Instead they're a combination of chapters and tags. Both are reported if they're present.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:36   #5062  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchikirukia View Post
Ok, if anyone is looking for the missing EVR.DLL, MFPLAT.DLL, MF.DLL, and MFCORE.DLL needed to get mkvtoolnix working, I've uploaded them here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...35202073920387
So glad I did this. The latest Windows update removed them.
Old 24th January 2018, 17:12   #5063  |  Link
sierramike

Hello,
Don't know if this has already been asked, but I noticed that I cannot use mkvtoolnix gui since version 11 on Windows Server 2012 R2 because of missing evr.dll file.
Is there any workaround for this ?
I'm used to RDP on my VM host running Windows Server 2012 R2 to re-package my videos and I'm stuck with version 10 of mkvtoolnix because of this issue.
Thanks for helping!
Old 24th January 2018, 17:16   #5064  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

See this FAQ entry.

Old 26th January 2018, 00:07   #5065  |  Link
Sakura-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Thanks very much for the new version...

In some short tests I found no problems with the new mkvextract CLI interface. MKVExtractGUI2 and the latest GUI by GPower2 worked without issues, AVStoDVD and StaxRip also worked so far.

Even my hack for using the software under WinXP still works...

Cheers
manolito
I also noticed MKVExtractGUI2 breaking with v20. I wasn't aware of gMKVExtractGUI. It blows the old GUI2 out of the water, it even has batches (jobs). Thx.

Is there any intention of adding mkvextract functionality to MKVToolNix? Not asking when, even if it's in 5 years. Now with gMKVExtractGUI providing batches I really can't think of needing more. Just for having everything in one tool?
Old 26th January 2018, 00:53   #5066  |  Link
clsid

Qt also supports DirectShow. You can choose between MF and DS.
Old 27th January 2018, 01:34   #5067  |  Link
gonca

I'm trying to add
Quote:
--colour-matrix 0:9 --colour-transfer-characteristics 0:16 --colour-primaries 0:9
to a mkv file
I use the gui and go to Output > Additional Optionsand enter the info
Then I multiplex the file
When I view the output in MediaInfo it doesn't show the colour information
What am I doing wrong?
Old 27th January 2018, 01:45   #5068  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Those aren't global options so they should be entered via the "input" tab. Mark the track and at the bottom of its settings you can find the field for track specific extra options. (Hover the mouse for a tool tip.)

If MediaInfo doesn't show check with the Header Editor. (You can also use the Header Editor to add them to mkv files.)
Old 27th January 2018, 01:49   #5069  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Those aren't global options so they should be entered via the "input" tab. Mark the track and at the bottom of its settings you can find the field for track specific extra options. (Hover the mouse for a tool tip.)

If MediaInfo doesn't show check with the Header Editor. (You can also use the Header Editor to add them to mkv files.)
Thanks
I figured it out a couple of minutes ago
Found the miscellaneous entry under Input
Thanks for the help
Old 1st February 2018, 03:25   #5070  |  Link
Inviska

I was testing my software in MacOS when I came across an issue when reading the output from mkvmerge -J and mkvinfo. The issue doesn't occur in Windows or on older MacOS MKVToolNix versions, but starts in MKVToolNix version 14.

I was having some problems with one file on the Mac so I printed the output of mkvmerge -J to a QPlainTextEdit with:

Code:
TextExit->insertPlainText(MKVToolNix.readAllStandardOutput());
What I found is that on version 14+ on the Mac some Russian text caused the output to end immediately. Here's the output from mkvmerge -J on MacOS using MKVToolNix v13, and here's the output using MKVToolNix v14 and MKVToolNix v20. Likewise with mkvinfo, here's the output on MacOS using MKVToolNix v13, and here's the output using MKVToolNix v14 and MKVToolNix v20.

When I run mkvmerge and mkvinfo from the terminal the output appears without issues on all Mac versions of MKVToolNix. I'm therefore not sure if it's me being stupid. I'm just confused as to why it works without issues on Windows versions and on MacOS versions up to v13, but not on newer MacOS versions.
Old 1st February 2018, 08:24   #5071  |  Link
Luke M

I'm using mkvtoolnix GUI v20.0.0 (for the first time, so be gentle).

When loading multiple MKVs, it appears to show info for each file seperately...is that right? Should it look the same for each file as when loading only one file? Or is the info from multiple files somehow mushed together?

The reason I ask is because when I load a single file, I see different info (specifically, default track flags) than when I load multiple files. So I'm confused. Don't know whether it's a bug or just something I don't understand.
Old 1st February 2018, 13:22   #5072  |  Link
sneaker_ger

In track field you see the values for "default" and "forced" as they will be in the output file, not necessarily as they are in the input files. If you put multiple files mkvmerge will often just want to make the first track of a type (video, audio, subtitles) the default.

https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolni...-no-in-the-GUI
Old 1st February 2018, 20:03   #5073  |  Link
Luke M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
In track field you see the values for "default" and "forced" as they will be in the output file, not necessarily as they are in the input files. If you put multiple files mkvmerge will often just want to make the first track of a type (video, audio, subtitles) the default.
Thank you. That makes perfect sense.
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:23   #5074  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviska View Post
I was testing my software in MacOS when I came across an issue when reading the output from mkvmerge -J and mkvinfo. The issue doesn't occur in Windows or on older MacOS MKVToolNix versions, but starts in MKVToolNix version 14.
I cannot reproduce that problem here:

I also do not really support macOS; therefore that's as far as I'm willing to investigate.

Old 3rd February 2018, 19:00   #5075  |  Link
arrgh

MVC-mkv

...I'm surprised and confused :
also Version 20 does obviously not support the muxing of avc/ssif packages… on the other hand it supports the “interleaved” tag for 3D…
Old 3rd February 2018, 19:09   #5076  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Well, the latter is simply a flag in the headers. It's trivial to support all values for such a flag. It isn't trivial to add full support for 3D video at the bitstream level.

Old 3rd February 2018, 21:35   #5077  |  Link
arrgh

ok, understood...
…a cautious question : any plans to support this at some point of time?
Old 3rd February 2018, 22:06   #5078  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Yes, for the sake of completeness — but if I'm entirely honest, then that feature probably has the lowest priority of all the things that I still want to implement. Mostly because I have zero interest in 3D myself.

Old 6th February 2018, 12:16   #5079  |  Link
Inviska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
I cannot reproduce that problem here:

Yes, the problem only occurs when mkvmerge -J is run from a QProccess. I've been trying to identify the cause for ten days, but I don't know why it's happening.

I don't suppose you could read the first post here and give your opinion on whether you think it is a Qt issue or an MKVToolNix issue?

If you think it's Qt I can file a bug report, but if you think it's MKVToolNix I'll just work around it by sending the output to a file and reading it from that.
Old 6th February 2018, 12:41   #5080  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviska View Post
Yes, the problem only occurs when mkvmerge -J is run from a QProccess. I've been trying to identify the cause for ten days, but I don't know why it's happening.
Try letting mkvmerge redirect its output to a file (mkvmerge --identification-format json --redirect-output whatever.json --identify whatever.mkv) and then read that file. If the file is truncated, then it's likely that environment variables such as LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LANG play a part.

Edit: I highly doubt it's a Qt error because MKVToolNix GUI is a Qt program that uses the very same QProcess model for querying mkvmerge's identification output you're trying to implement. In general it definitely works, it just doesn't in your particular program.

Closed Thread