Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th May 2017, 14:03   #43901  |  Link
xabregas

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
That happens because of a bug in XySubFilter.

There is no benefit in using XySubFilter except for a few idiotically complex Anime fansubs where is renders a bit faster. If you want something that just works reliably, stick with ISR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
oh and try the ISR on UHD even not that complicated subtitles make you problems.

the biggest problem of the ISR is that it doesn't use the "new" subtitle interface. ISR is not correct by a 3D LUT for example. well it can read the colorspace flags of ASS files and use them but it doesn't know the output colorspace.

it would be nice if we could just forget the XY vsfilter/XY subfilter and move on to a bug fixed xy version, a ISR that can do the same or something new like libassmod but we are not that far yet.
I play mostly 720p and 1080p content on 1080p screen with external and internal subtitles in various formats, mostly .srt and .ssa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YxP View Post
This is most likely a known bug with external .srt files and italic text (if I remember correctly). Shouldn't happen with all subtitles.
It appears to be that. Ive tested it removing all italic and special stuff from a .srt subtitle and it appeared to solve the problem. Anyway. Its not worthy doing that every time i watch something. So i will use MPC-HC ISR until @huhn`s idea sees the greenlight.

Thanks for the answers
xabregas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 18:48   #43902  |  Link
pruttolle

Amd

Everyone here running AMD 460/470/480 cards, how are you getting MadVR to work with 4k HDR videos?

It's just black for me. I've updated to the latest version of MadVR, and it's still not working.

Thanks!
pruttolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 19:45   #43903  |  Link
Damien147

No black for me,just washed out image if it ever gets enabled.
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 19:57   #43904  |  Link
pruttolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien147 View Post
No black for me,just washed out image if it ever gets enabled.
Didn't you also have this issue before though? How did you fix it?
Old 27th May 2017, 20:00   #43905  |  Link
Damien147

That's a different problem.It has to do with the combination of 10 bit HEVC,dxva2(native) and Madvr.If you mean this just don't put dxva2(native) in LAV filters.
Old 27th May 2017, 20:14   #43906  |  Link
pruttolle

Quote:
That's a different problem.It has to do with the combination of 10 bit HEVC,dxva2(native) and Madvr.If you mean this just don't put dxva2(native) in LAV filters.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. So it's not resolved then?
Old 27th May 2017, 20:19   #43907  |  Link
Damien147

No,I get a black screen and madshi doesn't see the problem,he suggests dxva2(copy-back).I just set hardware decoder to none and all good.
Old 27th May 2017, 22:45   #43908  |  Link
sauma144

Hey do you know if a Splash Motion2 or SVP like feature is planned for madVR?
sauma144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 23:22   #43909  |  Link
Asmodian

madshi usually keeps quite about possible future features. However it seems unlikely anytime soon because it is so hard to do "correctly", there are always errors. Never say never though.

There have been rumors about possible VapourSynth integration which would allow 3D party versions similar to SVP.
Old 27th May 2017, 23:23   #43910  |  Link
xabregas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauma144 View Post
Thats a joke right? Madvr Smooth motion already does it and better with less cpu usage even thought i dont use it because i dislike it. Soap opera and blur doesnt suits me.

I once experimented those "payable" options like Splash and JRiver to discover all of them are utterly a piece of crap claiming to be great in whatever they think they are. I experimented and disliked it. There are similar options available for free and sometimes even better if not all the time.
Old 27th May 2017, 23:43   #43911  |  Link
cork_OS

Quote:
SVP integration with madVR (through planned avisynth interface) looks more realistic. However, if madshi will suddenly create GPU-based frame interpolation without typical MVTools/SVP artifacts, it would be fantastic.
Old 28th May 2017, 07:57   #43912  |  Link
pruttolle

Quote:
No,I get a black screen and madshi doesn't see the problem,he suggests dxva2(copy-back).I just set hardware decoder to none and all good.

Ok, thanks for the help
Old 28th May 2017, 10:57   #43913  |  Link
sauma144

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabregas View Post
Thats a joke right? Madvr Smooth motion already does it and better with less cpu usage even thought i dont use it because i dislike it. Soap opera and blur doesnt suits me.

I once experimented those "payable" options like Splash and JRiver to discover all of them are utterly a piece of crap claiming to be great in whatever they think they are. I experimented and disliked it. There are similar options available for free and sometimes even better if not all the time.
My CPU usage is maybe 1% to 4% with a laptop Intel i3 (2011) with Motion2, but GPU usage is similar (less than 1%) to madVR Smooth Motion, I use bilinear everywhere to compare with Splash.

Soap opera effect is less annoying than blur produces by Smooth Motion for me. I think it's like sharpen, some people like it other don't.

I just wanted to know if madshi was/is working on this and what's his opinion.
Maybe a ngu logic could fix soap opera effect or reduces artefacts produced by this kind of algo.
sauma144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 11:53   #43914  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
what are you talking about?
what has smooth motion to do with soap opera effect and why should it be compared to a frame creation algorithm like SVP?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 12:28   #43915  |  Link
rod93

hi
mpc-hc crash when playing mvc 3d with lavideo decoder, madvr on intel 4600 (with optimus)
"exception: acces violation"
crashin module:
igd10iumd32.dll
offset: 0x17cf088d, codebase: 0xc90000
thread 3992 tried to read memory at adress 0x8244491"

can someone help me please!!!!!
rod93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 12:39   #43916  |  Link
huhn

if i'm not mistaken this is an intel driver "crash". try to force the use of the nvidia GPU.
Old 28th May 2017, 12:51   #43917  |  Link
xabregas

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
what are you talking about?
what has smooth motion to do with soap opera effect and why should it be compared to a frame creation algorithm like SVP?
For me. Any 23,976 movie with Smooth motion turned on to 60HZ will end up feeling soap opera to me. Never used the russian SVP. Tested Splash Motion 2 and it`s not accurate in the maximum. If i put it half motion looks better. Still the soap opera look is disgusting.

Probably this is because my TV or my nvidia GPU already does what madvr smooth motion does. Doing it twice maybe isnt worth it and probably the cause of sopa opera effect. I will test madvr smooth motion without nvidia inverse telecine and any kind of TV movie mode turned on.

Quote:
My CPU usage is maybe 1% to 4% with a laptop Intel i3 (2011) with Motion2, but GPU usage is similar (less than 1%) to madVR Smooth Motion, I use bilinear everywhere to compare with Splash.

Soap opera effect is less annoying than blur produces by Smooth Motion for me. I think it's like sharpen, some people like it other don't.

I just wanted to know if madshi was/is working on this and what's his opinion.
Maybe a ngu logic could fix soap opera effect or reduces artefacts produced by this kind of algo.
You can`t compare Splash Motion with madvr Smooth motion because its not the same thing. Splash Motion is nothing more than the russian SVP done by your gou but not really accurate. madvr smooth motion is like nvidia inverse telecine from what i can tell.

Last edited by xabregas; 28th May 2017 at 13:01.
Old 28th May 2017, 12:56   #43918  |  Link
rod93

if i play it with nvidia it does not play in 3d
rod93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 13:15   #43919  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
Any 23,976 movie with Smooth motion turned on to 60HZ will end up feeling soap opera to me.
Smooth Motion on its own cannot result in a soap opera effect. It's frame blending, not frame interpolation. The worst it can do is make the picture look a bit blurry during motion. Either what you're seeing is not caused by Smooth Motion, or you are mistaken as to what is meant by "soap opera effect".
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 16:22   #43920  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
For me. Any 23,976 movie with Smooth motion turned on to 60HZ will end up feeling soap opera to me. Never used the russian SVP. Tested Splash Motion 2 and it`s not accurate in the maximum. If i put it half motion looks better. Still the soap opera look is disgusting.
Quote:
Probably this is because my TV or my nvidia GPU already does what madvr smooth motion does. Doing it twice maybe isnt worth it and probably the cause of sopa opera effect. I will test madvr smooth motion without nvidia inverse telecine and any kind of TV movie mode turned on.
if you run madVR smooth motion and the soap opera effect creating stuff in your TV at the same time the result is most likely terrible. but smooth motion is not the reason for the soup opera effect. it is technical not able to do stuff like this.

smooth motion has one simple aim judder free playback like playing a file at it native refresh rate.

so with a 23p source it is trying to give you the same smoothness at 60 hz as with 23 hz.
Quote:
You can`t compare Splash Motion with madvr Smooth motion because its not the same thing. Splash Motion is nothing more than the russian SVP done by your gou but not really accurate. madvr smooth motion is like nvidia inverse telecine from what i can tell.
what has nvidia deinterlancing to do with? inverse telecine is just an option for deinterlancing. i'm not even sure if it does anything anymore and if it isn't always used. i mean you need an interlanced source in the first place.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling