Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 3rd November 2016, 23:21   #21121  |  Link
nussman

@VictorLS: Your testfile is broken. Thats what I mean ...

For DVBViewer users LAV Decoder (with dxva) is recommend and used all over the world without problems.
But of course there are "IT Professional WinXP user" as well complaining ...
Noone says LAV is perfect or bugfree, but your WinXP, CUVID posts (again and again) doesnt help!
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 00:02   #21122  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Feel free to use some other decoders if you wish, not forcing you to use LAV
I have already answered in last string of http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...04#post1784804 before I read your post you send in 00:14
Quote:
but I can't fix driver bugs, no matter how hard I try.
I believe but I wrote how you can fix bug for nVIDIA's videocards in supported Win7-8 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...05#post1784305
Quote:
Also the "DXVA_NVidia_bug.ts" stream is broken, the stream just has errors on it, its not fully valid.
Prove it, my proof in attachment. And what about 2016-09-20 21-15-33.ts - broken too? Many of NTV+ channels directly from SAT sometimes broken too (LAV CUVID Decoder without HQ DXVA Processing always decodes without any artifacts)?
Quote:
The youtube videos you listed are both for an RX480, which isn't even an NVIDIA card, and AMD royally screwed up the drivers for the Polaris cards in regards to DXVA and deinterlacing.
I know many people from many forums which see such artifacts on many nVIDIA's and AMD's (before Polaris too) videocards - Gleb Egorych from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...44#post1781444 one of them only. I did not understand them before I saw my own eyes in Win7 (when I tried in WinXP all was perfect).
nussman
you saw artifacts on both files? It yours first step to see truth )
is recommend
by whom?
I.e. World Health Organization recommend vaccinations, but it breaks your health )
In Russia we can to refuse from vaccinations yet, you are have do vaccinations.
used all over the world without problems
never say never )
not all use, for example Gleb Egorych not use already, read http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...44#post1781444
Attached Images

Last edited by VictorLS; 4th November 2016 at 00:54.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 02:14   #21123  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
I know many people from many forums which see such artifacts on many nVIDIA's and AMD's (before Polaris too) videocards -
Great, then get them all to report the issues to NVIDIA or AMD so the drivers can get fixed. I already told you, I cannot fix driver bugs, and I will not offer silly hacks just because you keep spaming my thread with rude remarks.

Please stop posting on this particular topic. Nothing will happen, and even less so if you keep annoying me and everyone else with it.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 4th November 2016 at 02:17.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 08:44   #21124  |  Link
VictorLS

nevcairiel
I am free man and live in free country Russia and I do what I want to provide truth in the world which always win - you'll see it for example in case of country called Ukraine (right is may be New Russia - Novorossia) now which occupied by USA from 2014 (Victoria Nuland have spoken about 5 billion US dollars spent for revolution in Ukraine).
I knew you'll not prove DXVA_NVidia_bug.ts is "broken" file, because it is not true. I found one more link in this thread http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1782481 about this issue and I proposed the way to solve this issue in LAV Video Decoder above but you not hear )
Thank you for LAV CUVID Decoder which decodes "broken" files and shows "broken" SAT channels perfectly with hardware acceleration on nVIDIA in Win7-8. I tuned it for decoding h264 and LAV Video Decoder for others and all work perfectly. Once more it is a pity LAV CUVID Decoder can not decode h265.
Old 4th November 2016, 15:03   #21125  |  Link
captaiŋadamo

Quote:
captaiŋadamo, I think nevcairiel not implement h265 10bit support in CUVID because of noone bit could not be lost, I even think that he tried this with positive result already )
PS. It is a pity but any other decoder (including commercial) have no CUVID based h265 hardware acceleration.
Then fork it and make a superior version and then you can be driving the bus. It's open source and all. Being an IT professional of the caliber you brag, it should be a trivial task as you already said that the changes required are very easy.

Otherwise, since nev has repeatedly said no, all you're doing at this point is thread shitting.

Last edited by captaiŋadamo; 4th November 2016 at 16:52.
Old 4th November 2016, 15:06   #21126  |  Link
ajp_anton

Nev: Why don't you just remove CUVID already?
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 17:03   #21127  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

... and remove Windows XP support as well.
Service Pack 3 is EIGHT years old already.
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 17:23   #21128  |  Link
Telion

Quote:
nevcairiel
I am free man and live in free country Russia
Oh LOL. So you're just trolling the thread here, mkay.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 20:37   #21129  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaiŋadamo View Post
It's open source and all.
I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaiŋadamo View Post
Being an IT professional
Do not you know difference between IT professional and professional programmer?
I decide any electrical below 240Volt including Power supply boards, UPSs, servers, computers, printers, scanners, IP-telephones and other such problems and programming not my professional duties - when problem do not solve by changing (or reinstalling) OS setup, registry, add/remove part of programs, dll's and so on I have to just describe problem, collect logs, screenshots and so on to professional progammers solve problems in his programs - they always solve without any additional questions and never say that problems not in they's programs because my description clever enough - I am sure I gave enough info to implement h265 10bit support in LAV Video Decoder. Besides I write simple programs on C# (in college long time ago I learn DOS and Pascal) sometimes to make people's life easier and I know how difficult to read code was written by other guy - my programs so for others. So I am sure that remove 10bit check when NVIDIA CUVID is choosen and add two strings in code with compilation not so difficult for guy who wrote LAV Video Decoder to decode h265 10bit by CUVID.
I just explain my point of view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
Nev: Why don't you just remove CUVID already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by filler56789 View Post
... and remove Windows XP support as well.
After implementing h265 (including 10 and 12 bit - last for GTX10.0) decoding in LAV CUVID Decoder this is good idea to remove CUVID from LAV Video Decoder because users with nVIDIA videocard has potential advantage over users with AMD videocards to watch all SAT channels and play DXVA_NVidia_bug.ts and 2016-09-20 21-15-33.ts without artifacts with CUVID instead of DXVA2 in WinXP-8.
One more such file RussiaHD.ts (7MB) http://rgho.st/6SPGyTTMs
Repeat, I solved problem with artifacts in Win7 by combination of decoders (like my work is finding working combination, assistance other people and finding programmers that wrote not properly working program and deliver them information which help to solve problem) and help to solve it for many others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
you're just trolling the thread here
sometimes, because often there is no anything positive here last time - just nevcairiel's "I will not do" about many (not only mine) problems with LAV Filters. I understand, he have all rights to do nothing with LAV Filters because of freeware and opensource. But sometimes much easier to do something then seems simply say no )
Old 4th November 2016, 21:26   #21130  |  Link
huhn

seriously what is so hard to understand about this. it is a driver bug something NVIDIA has to fix. the DXVA decoder has to work.

just go there and tell them that there DXVA decoder, DXVA deinterlancer or what ever is broken and hope they are not ignoring you. end of story.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 22:02   #21131  |  Link
clsid

There is an easy way to disable the CUVID HQ processing mode. Run your player XP compatibility mode. But regardless, any playback issues are because of driver flaws. Using Windows XP is just stupid, certainly if you have new hardware.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 06:32   #21132  |  Link
kral2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
There is an easy way to disable the CUVID HQ processing mode. Run your player XP compatibility mode. But regardless, any playback issues are because of driver flaws. Using Windows XP is just stupid, certainly if you have new hardware.
Let us check if we can run hevc decoding with CUVID in newer versions of windows or not.

Victor's request is not stupid, he has just asked for a new feture in LAV; also he provided screen shots that when some people changed headers, etc. they could make it usable.

Of course, todays, no one wants to buy outdated cards, again I say if this issue could be colved only by simple changes, we ask LAV programmer, kindly, to spend his time to implement and evaluate what Victor mentioned in his post link.

Last edited by kral2008; 5th November 2016 at 11:26.
kral2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 08:43   #21133  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
it is a driver bug something NVIDIA has to fix. the DXVA decoder has to work.
strange that AMD drivers have same problem )
I'll check Intel next week myself - I not believe yours investigations.
Quote:
just go there and tell them that there DXVA decoder, DXVA deinterlancer or what ever is broken and hope they are not ignoring you.
When I'll be absolutely sure it's driver issue (I wrote to nVIDIA's support many times and only one thing they not done - enabling custom vertical frequencies via nVIDIA's Control Panel in WinXP when my GT750v2 connected via DVI, but I found small program EnBtn and it works perfectly - I can set 50, 48, 47,952Hz in WinXP via nVIDIA's Control Panel because Settings... button becomes available) I'll write them about artifacts issue.
Quote:
There is an easy way to disable the CUVID HQ processing mode. Run your player XP compatibility mode.
It works with CUVID in case of MPC-HC with internal LAV Video Decoder, but when I connect external same version of LAV Video Decoder artifacts returns. So DVBViewer shows artifacts too. So, add possibility of choice to disable HQ processing mode in LAV Video Decoder's interface (or automatically switch CUVID-DXVA2 as I mentioned above) is strongly recommended.
Quote:
Using Windows XP is just stupid, certainly if you have new hardware.
Assume I have license of WinXP (my computer on 3-core CPU AMDx3 460 (was bought ~60$ in a store an year ago for software decoding of h264 1080p 4:2:2 only because hardware decoding 4:2:2 impossible even with new GTX10.0 - because previous 1-core 3000+ could decoding MPEG2 1080p 4:2:2 well only), old AM2 690G PCI-E 1.1 mainboard, DDR2 3GB because of WinXPx86, old DVB-S2 PCI SAT card and comparatively new PCI-E 3.0 GTX750v2 on GM206-150 I bought ~100$ for hardware h265 decoding only) - it do all I want perfectly, except h265 10bit hardware acceleration, I can not buy not bad Win7 for h265 10bit hardware acceleration only, because not on stock - I can buy only very bad Win10 (I tried it) without CUVID, so artifacts will be long time as minimum and I can not see well some programs and files )
Is this stupid? May be I am perfectionist too - I always want achieve great result with minimum money - Ukraine was poor country and now after revolution in 2014 is much more poorer. In Russia I can buy processors and videocards and much more, but I do not want to buy new computer - present computer is perfect for me.

Last edited by VictorLS; 5th November 2016 at 14:40. Reason: add about 4:2:2 decoding
Old 5th November 2016, 09:23   #21134  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ase-Notes.aspx

still not enough?
Old 5th November 2016, 13:09   #21135  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
still not enough?
of course, not enough. Nothing about cause of blocky there: driver or DXVA in Windows.
As cause of poor life of normal (non-weaponed) people in former Ukraine is revolution 2014 and broken economic relations with Russia - not resistance of Donbass (Novorossia) to underlaw government in Kiev and weaponed nazi from west.

Last edited by VictorLS; 5th November 2016 at 13:37.
Old 5th November 2016, 14:04   #21136  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Guys, this forum is about video and this thread is about LAV. Please keep it on topic. Thanks.
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 15:32   #21137  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by avih View Post
Guys, this forum is about video and this thread is about LAV. Please keep it on topic.
You are quite right, but some words at the end:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
... If you want discuss it write PM, please.

[ offtopic content above edited out by avih ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
It's not black & white, there are grey zones especially on pesky video files and corner cases.
I mostly agree but I want to dig truth what namely problem of artifacts )
Now I see comparatively long GOP (26-39 from I to I frame) in files with artifacts (when DXVA2 used).

Last edited by avih; 5th November 2016 at 15:49.
Old 5th November 2016, 15:51   #21138  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

@VictorLS, I've edited your message above and removed some offtopic content. Please keep this thread on topic, and feel free to discuss off topic subjects elsewhere, over PMs, etc. Thanks.

Consider this a warning too for everyone involved.
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 23:19   #21139  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Hello I hope someone can help me.
I have a GTX 1060 graphics card, is there anyway I can use Lav in conjunction with the hardware acceleration on the GPU and some other software to re encode HEVC to HEVC at a reasonable speed?
I thought the 1060 was capable of HEVC decode and encode, but I can't find a program to do both.
Thank you.
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 23:31   #21140  |  Link
huhn

wrong thread but try this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172068

i don't know if it support direct dxva decoding but it supports avisynth and it is possible to feed avisynth with lavfilter so hardware decoding is possible.

just to make that clear you are wasting your time with the nvidia HEVC encoder...
you can better use the AVC hardware encoder which is bad too...

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter