Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2016, 09:28   #1081  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D will treat the subtitle file like normal subtitles and mux it, exactly like for Half-SBS. Of course, you are free to rename and keep the subtitle file also outside the MKV container, but BD3D2MK3D will not do it automatically.

With 3D subtitles, you must disable the 3D option for the subtitles in PotPlayer (3D Subtitles (Stereoscopic) -> Do Not Use (Recommenced)), because otherwise it duplicates what it thinks are 2D subs, and you get 4 subtitles! Anyway, I agree that the config of PotPlayer regarding the 3D subtitles is hard to master. To display the subtitles before or after the resize, I think that you should play with the Display Subtitles on Video or on Overlay (Alt-i) and the 3D Subtitles -> Subtitle Output After or Before Resizing options. For 3D-ASS, the problem is probably more complex, because ASS is a text based format, and PotPlayer has a lot of other options to let you position the subtitles where you want them (for example over the image or over the black border). You should select the option that does not modify the position encoded in the ASS file.

Personally, I don't encode in Full-SBS, so I don't need to modify the aspect ratio, and I don't know how the subtitles are modified by that option, but it should be possible to display the subtitles correctly. When I'll have some time, I will try to encode a short clip with subtitles and maybe I'll find a solution. But be patient...
Old 8th October 2016, 10:19   #1082  |  Link
Palych

Convert 3D BDs or MKV to 3D SBS, T&B or Frame-sequential MKV

Hello, r0lZ! Hello, everyone!
I write here first time. I need your help! When I try to start this program (BD3D2MK3D v0.78) on my notebook, I get this error. What I do wrong? Look at my screenshots, please.
The problem was and on my PC, when I started the program first time, after installation other Windows 7 64-bit, the problem is over.
Attached Images

Old 8th October 2016, 10:30   #1083  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, Palych.

Unfortunately, your screenshots are not approved yet, so I can't reply right now. To avoid the delay due to the attachments approval, it is better to post your screenshots on an image hosting site like PostImage, and post the links here.

Anyway, I will come back when your images will be visible or approved...
Old 8th October 2016, 11:06   #1084  |  Link
Palych

Convert 3D BDs or MKV to 3D SBS, T&B or Frame-sequential MKV

These are links:
https://s16.postimg.org/d1jaki8dx/log.jpg
https://s21.postimg.org/9vpbab0br/screeh_avs_2.jpg
https://s13.postimg.org/nny4kmgmv/screen_enc.jpg
Old 8th October 2016, 12:08   #1085  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, according to the error, it's DGMVCSource that fails to open the input files or can't get the Intel decoder to work.

I note also that the number of frames in the "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" and in the "__ENCODE_3D.cmd" scripts is very low: only 3480 frames. It's approximately 2 minutes and 25 seconds of video ! So, either you encode only a very short clip (and certainly not the "How to train your dragon 2" movie), or you have edited manually the script to do a short test, or something went wrong when the project has been created. In the later case, I suspect a disk full problem. Are you sure you have enough disc space? You can probably see the real cause of the error in the BD3D2MK3D.log file, in the "*** Demuxing the streams..." section, near the beginning of the file. If you are not sure, post the content of that file here (between CODE marks, not as an image).

If the number of frames is correct and the 00162.track_4113.264 and 00162.track_4114.mvc files are present in the project folder, then maybe there is a problem with the Intel decoder. If it's the case, try to edit the avisynth script "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" and change this line:
Code:
interleaved = DGMVCSource("00162.track_4113.264", "00162.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 3480, hw = 0)
Change the "hw = 0" at the end of the line with "hw = 1". That will disable the hardware acceleration during the decoding of the video (if your CPU supports it). Then launch again "__ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd" and see if it works fine. If it's OK, that means that the Intel decoder tries to use the hardware acceleration but fails. Usually, it's due to outdated Intel CPU drivers. Check if there is an update of your CPU drivers. Otherwise, you may have to select the option "Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration -> Disabled (Use if Auto crashes)". That will permanently disable the hardware acceleration. You may also want to try to use FRIMSource instead of DGMVCSource (in the same "MVC Decoder" menu), although I doubt that it will work better.

Please let me know if you can get it to work, and how. Thanks.
Old 8th October 2016, 13:41   #1086  |  Link
Palych

BD3D2MK3D v0.94: Convert 3D BDs or MKV to 3D SBS, T&B or Frame-sequential MKV Reload

Thanks!!!!! Everything is working!!!! Changed the "hw = 1". Yes, I didn't update drivers too long. It's my mistake. Next time I'll be careful! Now, I know why on my PC was such error.

Yours sincerely Palych!

PS:The number of frames is correct, it's small "ssif" from BR.
Old 8th October 2016, 13:51   #1087  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, thanks for letting me know.

If you can't update your drivers or if the problem persists, don't forget to change the Hardware Acceleration setting in BD3D2MK3D. Disabling it is not very important, as the speed gain is minimal. And your next projects will work correctly without having to edit the avisynth script.

Have a nice 3D experience!
Old 15th October 2016, 18:30   #1088  |  Link
frank
Banned

Good News

My latest experiences:

Potplayer (1.6.63638) now analyses mkv video (frame-packing) and can automatically switch to 3D regardless of the extension hlr, htab, hou...

EDIT:
Sorry, I was wrong because of big GUI issues.
The german GUI (maybe others too) of Potplayer has a lot of translation issues, line mismatches. So use the english.ini for proper GUI text and setup.
Switching only works with MVC-3D mkv generated by MakeMKV.

Potplayer (1.6.63638) now playes mkv-3D (MVC) muxed by MakeMKV using the Intel MVC 3D software decoder.

PowerDVD 16 can play 3D video from mkv generated by MakeMKV or BD3D2MK3D.
But the morons until now mismatch left and right view on passive display.

The remaining problem are 3D subtitles.

Last edited by frank; 20th December 2016 at 17:31. Reason: issue
Old 15th October 2016, 19:23   #1089  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Very good news indeed.

I'm not sure the 3D subtitles is still a problem. Potplayer can display them correctly. It cannot automatically switch to the right configuration (based on what?) and configuring them properly manually is a bit tedious and not very intuitive, but it's possible. And when Potplayer is properly configured, it displays the 3D subtitles correctly on 3D movies, and the 2D subtitles are still correct when playing a 2D movie. IMO, it's (almost) perfect.

The major remaining problem is that most TVs and hardware players are not really 3D friendly, and often they cannot display the subtitles in BD SUP and even DVD VobSub format at all. It is a pity to have to connect a PC to the TV to play a 3D movie with 3D subtitles properly.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:42   #1090  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
Potplayer (1.6.63638) now analyses mkv video (frame-packing) and can automatically switch to 3D regardless of the extension hlr, htab, hou...
That doesn't work here. When I play a 3D SBS movie with the stereoscopy tag in the MKV header and the frame-packing setting in the h264 header correctly set, but without the "3D-lrq" or "3D-HSBS" extension, PotPlayer shows the two images side by side and doesn't switch to 3D automatically. Even with "3D" in the file name, it plays the movie in 2D. The "Auto determine whether to enable 3D video mode" and the "Auto detect 3D input format" settings of PotPlayer are enabled. (Note that there is still a link to this page next to the Auto detect option, but disabling that option doesn't change its behaviour.) It seems that PotPlayer continues to ignore the stereoscopy and frame-packing flags. Or have I missed another setting somewhere?

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th October 2016 at 09:51.
Old 22nd October 2016, 18:03   #1091  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I've also discovered that the PotPlayer option "Video -> 3D Video Mode -> Use built-in H264 MVC video codecs" doesn't work properly. The decoded images have serious glitches, similar to the problems of the early Sony MVC decoder, but more frequent and affecting a larger area. It is better to leave that option off (the default).
Old 24th October 2016, 17:48   #1092  |  Link
konikpolny

SRT to 3D-ASS conversion tool

Hi r0lZ,
I have 4 observations about 3D-ASS subtitles:
1)
I noticed that BD3D2MK3D adds a yellowish SecondaryColor with values=&H0380F0F0 to the converted 3D-ASS subtitles. However, the SecondaryColor is not available to set in the conversion tool, and although not being used directly it does seem to affect how the subtitles are displayed. I noticed that with the yellowish SecondaryColor the subtitles have a thinner and less contrasting outline, and more jagged inclined lines (as in 'A') or with italics. For my use I make the SecondaryColor to be just black (&H00000000). I think it would be better if BD3D2MK3D made it black by default or it allowed for user to select their own preferred SecondaryColor.
2)
The second thing is merely an observation that the ASS version created with the {\pos(x,y)} option makes most of the subtitles (although not all of them) more sticking out by about 1 or 2 points when compared to the ones created with Margins. This still seems perfectly fine to me. I am inclined to use the Margins version anyway.
3)
I also noticed that you still have values for margins for individual subtitles even when \pos(x,y) version is created as in example below. Any specific reason for that? Why not have the 0000s?
Code:
Format: Layer, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
Dialogue: 0,0:02:31.78,0:02:34.31,3D,,3,1923,3,,{\pos(966,972)}This is just an example
Dialogue: 0,0:02:31.78,0:02:34.31,3D,,1923,3,3,,{\pos(2874,972)}This is just an example
4)
Lastly my humble suggestion - to call the 'Style' something like "3D" (as in example above) rather than "Default". That would be shorter (as this is repeated for every single sub) and more meaningful

Last edited by konikpolny; 24th October 2016 at 21:45.
Old 25th October 2016, 07:52   #1093  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
1)
I noticed that BD3D2MK3D adds a yellowish SecondaryColor with values=&H0380F0F0 to the converted 3D-ASS subtitles. However, the SecondaryColor is not available to set in the conversion tool, and although not being used directly it does seem to affect how the subtitles are displayed. I noticed that with the yellowish SecondaryColor the subtitles have a thinner and less contrasting outline, and more jagged inclined lines (as in 'A') or with italics. For my use I make the SecondaryColor to be just black (&H00000000). I think it would be better if BD3D2MK3D made it black by default or it allowed for user to select their own preferred SecondaryColor.
Hum, it's strange. The secondary color should not influence the subtitles.
But I don't remember why I have chosen that color. Probably because I've found it in an example. Anyway, I have changed it to &H00000000.
BTW, the code of the SRT to ASS 3D conversion tool can easily be modified. Just edit the file toolset\SRTtoASS3D.tcl. (You can't change the primary and back colors easily, because they are set with the GUI, but the two other colors can be modified if you wish.)
Quote:
2)
The second thing is merely an observation that the ASS version created with the {\pos(x,y)} option makes most of the subtitles (although not all of them) more sticking out by about 1 or 2 points when compared to the ones created with Margins. This still seems perfectly fine to me. I am inclined to use the Margins version anyway.
I will have a look. AFAIK the position should not be different. Perhaps it's due to the margins you have noticed in point 3.
Quote:
3)
I also noticed that you still have values for margins for individual subtitles even when \pos(x,y) version is created as in example below. Any specific reason for that? Why not have the 0000s?
Well, yes, there is a reason. Suppose that the user selects a big font size in the GUI and that there is a long sentence to display at a very important depth. In that case, it may happen that the subtitle is pushed partially out of the screen by the 3D offset. The margins are useful in that case to avoid to stick the subtitles to the border of the screen, or, in SBS mode, to go beyond the middle of the screen and therefore appear partially on the view for the other eye! IMO, it is very important to keep the margins, but they can probably be slightly reduced. Currently, the formula to compute the margin is:
Code:
set minmargin [expr abs($depth) + $outline + $shadow + 6]
It should be possible to remove the + 6 if you wish, but IMO that should not change the display, except perhaps in extreme cases, as explained above.
Quote:
4)
Lastly my humble suggestion - to call the 'Style' something like "3D" (as in example above) rather than "Default". That would be shorter (as this is repeated for every single sub) and more meaningful
Oh, well, Default is used by all ASS editors, so I kept that convention. I can change it to 3D, but IMO the gain is minimal.
[EDIT] I did it anyway.

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th October 2016 at 07:55.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:44   #1094  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have verified point 2 and you're right. The \pos(x,y) version is always correct, but the right view of the margin version is off by one pixel in a specific case. The bug is due to a discrepancy in the way my code rounds the values when the X coordinates are divided by 2 (for Half-SBS). It happens therefore only in Half-SBS mode and when the 3D depth value is odd.

To test the problem, I have created a single SRT subtitle, and converted it without a 3D-Plane, but with the additional depth set to 30 (the maximum). For technical reasons, the additional depth is always divided by two, so the real additional depth is 15, an odd number. In Half-SBS, the subtitle of the left view must therefore be placed at the middle of the left view + half the 3D offset (rounded to the inferior integer): 1920/4+7 = 487. Similarly, the subtitle of the right view must be shifted to the left by half the 3D offset, but this time rounded to the upper integer: 1920/4*3-8 = 1432. That values are correct in the /pos version. For the margin version, the left view is correct. The margins are 28 and 974, and this simple calculation gives the correct result: (1920-28-974)/2+28 = 487. But for the right view, the same margins are used (but of course inverted): 974 and 28. The final position is therefore (1920-974-28)/2+960-28 = 1433, as you can see in the example below. It should be 1432.
Code:
Dialogue: 0,0:00:05.00,0:00:35.00,3D,,28,974,40,,!
Dialogue: 0,0:00:05.00,0:00:35.00,3D,,974,28,40,,!
Dialogue: 0,0:00:35.01,0:01:10.00,3D,,8,968,8,,{\pos(487,1040)}!
Dialogue: 0,0:00:35.01,0:01:10.00,3D,,968,8,8,,{\pos(1432,1040)}!
The right margin values should be 973,29 instead of 974,28 in red above.

I will fix that bug immediately, although it should not be noticeable in normal circumstances. [EDIT: Done.]
Quote:
I am inclined to use the Margins version anyway.
To avoid the bug, you should use the \pos version instead!

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th October 2016 at 12:34.
Old 25th October 2016, 12:58   #1095  |  Link
konikpolny

Thanks for the changes and info.
As regards the issue with SecondaryColour I should add that I observed this in MPC-HC, and might only be noticeable there, due to some intrinsic way for rendering subtitles. I haven't tried PotPlayer but it's very likely that it doesn't influence the appearance there at all.
Old 25th October 2016, 13:15   #1096  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, anyway, I have already changed the Secondary Color. The only point that I haven't changed so far is the margin in \pos mode. I don't think it is necessary to modify that.

If you want to check the fixes immediately, you can download the modified SRTtoASS3D.tcl here and overwrite the file in the toolset folder.
Old 25th October 2016, 13:52   #1097  |  Link
konikpolny

Thanks for the SRTtoASS3D.tcl update.
I think it's ok to keep the small margin in the \pos version as the reasons are legitimate.

Last edited by konikpolny; 26th October 2016 at 17:20.
Old 3rd November 2016, 08:37   #1098  |  Link
siyangfei

did any VapourSynth support? avs is slower than vs,when use E5 CPU to encode,i try to use FRIMsource from VapourSynth conditions by the way of call avs filters,and it worked,but still have some problems,because it cant seek and i cant encode a sample. did someone can offer DGMVC support?
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:50   #1099  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, siyangfei !

Currently, I have no plan to implement support for VapourSynth, simply because I 'don't think it will be really faster. Most (if not all) the time necessary to decode the video streams is spent by the MVC decoder, and it will not be faster because it runs under VS instead of AviSynth. It would be much more useful to optimize the available MVC decoders, and that's not my job. (And, BTW, FRIMSource might be a bit faster than DGMVCSource. Try it with BD3D2MK3D.)

BTW, currently, no MVC decoder can seek. To implement that, the decoder should create an index file (or, more precisely, two index files, for the two video streams) before beginning to decode the video itself (like ffmpeg or other non-MVC decoders do), and again, since I'm not the author of the MVC decoders, it's not my job.

Note that it is possible to encode only the beginning of the movie easily with BD3D2MK3D, if you really want to encode a sample. It is sufficient to edit the number of frames in __ENCODE_3D.cmd. Or you can of course encode the whole movie and then extract a certain segment with the MkvToolnix GUI.
Old 10th November 2016, 16:50   #1100  |  Link
odyssey

Hi r0lZ

Finally got the chance to try and replace subs with different language. Did so primarily by adjusting a retail sub to match one of the present subs. It works great and looks fantastic (with the right font). Thanks for your amazing work on this! I see that you even added a lot of more features to this. Haven't tried all of them yet, though.

On another note (perhaps slightly off topic), I tried trimming and adding clips together, to replace a translated (non 3D) title, with the original one. I tried both DGMVCsource and FRIMsource, and both of them are crashing Using VirtualDub, FRIMsource looked more promising, as it actually did the trim, whereas DGMVCsource seems to insist on starting on frame 0 all the time.

Any ideas why they act up like this?
Closed Thread