Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2016, 20:08   #741  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Hum, I have never encountered that problem, and honestly I don't think I can do something to avoid it.

There are stupid programs available on the net to simulate a mouse move of key press regularly while a certain window is open, or a certain program is running. Perhaps you can use that kind of trick, but I don't think it's something that should be hardcoded in BD3D2MK3D. After all, it's a Windows bug!

Perhaps there is also a power management option to NOT go into sleep mode when the notebook is connected to the AC power?
There's nice WinAPI function intended for your case:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx
Just call it like this:
SetThreadExecutionState(ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED|ES_CONTINUOUS);
P.S. Call it in your main program thread of course. Or I can write a simple program that monitors a state of other executable and calls this function.
Old 4th January 2016, 21:00   #742  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't call WinAPI functions from the command line, and the encoding is made from a batch (.cmd) file only. Anyway, I've found the solution: powercfg.exe. That should work fine with all versions of Windows.

If you wish, you can write a small program to automate the change when a certain program is running (or, IMO, better: when the CPU usage remains high for a long time). I'm sure it will be very useful to others, and perhaps also to me, but I don't need it for BD3D2MK3D. Thanks anyway.
Old 7th January 2016, 16:11   #743  |  Link
DarkCinema

Mvc-3d

Hi r0lZ,

I recently came across your great BD3D2MK3D program. I needed a way to keep the 3D Blu-ray PGS subs displaying correctly. Most media-players I tried like the Open Hour A400 and various Android KODI boxes display the subs of a 3D Blu-ray ISO in 2D. With BD3D2MK3D I now can convert to Full Res T&B with burned-in subs using the original 3D Plane information.

I am wondering if it is possible to convert the 3D Blu-ray to 3D MVC MKV with burned-in subs. Maybe in combination with MakeMKV this can be achieved? The MVC-3D MKV files can be played from the Android KODI boxes in I own while the FHD T&B can’t.

See: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4781
Old 7th January 2016, 16:38   #744  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for your kind words and welcome to the D9 forums!

You can already save as full-size frame sequential mkv (with hardcoded subs if you wish), but not as AVC/MVC, because that would require a totally different approach, due, among others, to the necessity to use another video encoder. In frame-sequential mode, the two streams are encoded in AVC. However, it should be possible to edit __ENCODE_3D.cmd to encode with the intel MVC encoder instead of with the current procedure. But sorry, I'm not interested to add the code to do it automatically, mainly because too few peoples are interested. Note also that the current free MVC encoder (from Intel) doesn't do a good job. IMO, for the same file size, it is much better to encode in Full-T&B or frame-interleaved with x264.

Also, I think that there are other tools closer to what you want to do than BD3D2MK3D. Perhaps you should try the FRIM encoder? I don't think it can hardcode the subtitles, but you can probably ask videofan3d to add that feature. (You will have to generate the 3D subtitles with BD3D2MK3D anyway, but that should be easy.) I have no idea of what should be done to produce the final MKV.

Note also that if you can find yourself the modifications to the AVS script and __ENCODE_3D.cmd to produce the AVC and MVC streams (and, if possible, also the modifications to do to __MUX_3D.cmd to create the final MKV) AND if it is not too difficult to implement that method in BD3D2MK3D, I may do it later. But I can't do it alone, because I don't have the right hardware to test AVC+MVC MKVs.

Last edited by r0lZ; 7th January 2016 at 16:40.
Old 7th January 2016, 17:23   #745  |  Link
DarkCinema

Wow that's a lot of information to take in. I am not that skilled in encoders and such. I tried the full-size frame sequential mkv, but it won't play on my TV.

I will have a look at the options you gave. Thanks.
Old 9th January 2016, 01:27   #746  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavanap View Post
There's nice WinAPI function intended for your case:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx
Just call it like this:
SetThreadExecutionState(ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED|ES_CONTINUOUS);
P.S. Call it in your main program thread of course. Or I can write a simple program that monitors a state of other executable and calls this function.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't call WinAPI functions from the command line, and the encoding is made from a batch (.cmd) file only. Anyway, I've found the solution: powercfg.exe. That should work fine with all versions of Windows.

If you wish, you can write a small program to automate the change when a certain program is running (or, IMO, better: when the CPU usage remains high for a long time). I'm sure it will be very useful to others, and perhaps also to me, but I don't need it for BD3D2MK3D. Thanks anyway.
Here's .exe file: http://sendfile.su/1191348
Here's the source if you want to compile it yourself: http://pastebin.com/wMJ2nE0r
Old 9th January 2016, 09:48   #747  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Good work! Seems easy to use. I will probably use it instead of the current method using powercfg.exe. But I need two precisions. Can you confirm that the original EXECUTION_STATE is restored when the PC reboots after a crash?

Also, if I use blocksleep to launch x264, the PC will never sleep while the process is running. Fine. But when x264 has finished its job, the whole process is not finished yet. The batch file must still mux the elementary streams to MKV, and that can take up to 15 minutes or so. The question is: When the original execution state is restored because the x264 process ends, is it a risk that the PC goes to sleep immediately, or can I assume that the normal delay before going to sleep (due to no user actions) starts over at that time?
Old 10th January 2016, 01:19   #748  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Good work! Seems easy to use. I will probably use it instead of the current method using powercfg.exe. But I need two precisions. Can you confirm that the original EXECUTION_STATE is restored when the PC reboots after a crash?
The state restored after child process is terminated. No matter what happened: crash or successful finish. I give the same return code of the child process as return code of blocksleep.exe

Quote:
Also, if I use blocksleep to launch x264, the PC will never sleep while the process is running. Fine. But when x264 has finished its job, the whole process is not finished yet. The batch file must still mux the elementary streams to MKV, and that can take up to 15 minutes or so. The question is: When the original execution state is restored because the x264 process ends, is it a risk that the PC goes to sleep immediately, or can I assume that the normal delay before going to sleep (due to no user actions) starts over at that time?
Well, I suggest to use blocksleep either for the whole .bat file (run cmd.exe), or use it for every long command. Note, if blocksleep won't be run for about 90 sec (Windows feature), there's a possibility the PC will go sleep. More than that, blocksleep does not change power profile, so if you use "battery save" kind a mode, the x264 performance may be slow.
This blocksleep functionality still has to be tested.
Old 10th January 2016, 10:09   #749  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I see. I will have to check it. At least, 90 seconds is enough to launch another blocksleep command. Thanks!
Old 11th January 2016, 13:03   #750  |  Link
frank
Banned

Here 2 Disney BD with the black frame Intel dec bug:
- The Monster AG
- The Monster Uni
With software decoding it works fine.
I use DGMVCsource as standard decoder. Fast and safe on all my devices.
I'm sure Donald Graft will find the bug, he is a good scientist and developer.

BTW: Pistachos (adware) MVC decoder was never faster than DGMVCsource with BD3D2MK3D on my notebooks (I7 3th-5th gen).

Last edited by frank; 11th January 2016 at 13:18.
Old 11th January 2016, 14:27   #751  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the info.
Can you try these movies with FRIMSource in hardware mode?
Old 11th January 2016, 17:18   #752  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
DO NOT USE v0.80! MkvMerge v8.7.0 doesn't work!
There is MkvMerge v8.80 now. Does it fix the issues?
Old 11th January 2016, 20:54   #753  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, the problem should be fixed. But I haven't checked v8.80 personally yet. Try to update MkvMerge, but keep the old version in case of...
Also note that the previous version did not work only with specific elementary streams. It worked most of the time.
Old 12th January 2016, 10:13   #754  |  Link
frank
Banned

Quote:
Can you try these movies with FRIMSource in hardware mode?
Monsters Inc 3D: FRIM works in hw mode.
But I had to set platform="hw" to get the hw-acceleration, not platform="" (auto).

Tested with BD3D2MK3D v0.79
I7 5th gen, Win10
Old 12th January 2016, 10:50   #755  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Strange. Have you verified the avisynth script generated in "auto" mode? Does it contain the right ooption for FRIMSource? If it's the case, maybe there is a bug to notify to videofan3D?

Anyway, I will have a look muself on the syntax generated by BD3D2MK3D. But I will not be able to verify if hardware mode is used in "auto" mode, bacause I don't have the right CPU.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:43   #756  |  Link
frank
Banned

Yes, I look at the fps too. hw mode is ~30 % faster.
I have edited the FRIMsource param in the script.

I use Avisynth 2.6.0
Laptop Asus UX303LA, I7 5th gen, Intel GFX5500, Win10.
Maybe FRIM has a problem to recognize the new hardware in auto mode, but acceleration worked with "hw".
DGMVCdecode has not this issue.

Last edited by frank; 12th January 2016 at 12:53.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:52   #757  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Even more strange. I thought that it's the Intel library that has to determine if the hardware mode can be used (in auto mode of course), not the avisynth plugin. But I may be wrong.
Old 17th January 2016, 15:32   #758  |  Link
GamBIT_Rus

BD3D2MK3D - Excellent program, thanks a lot!
Some issues:

1. Forced subs cant be hardcoded. While it is shown in movie.
I got many bd3d-iso with the forced subs in pgs, but each time I try to hardcode it, I get an error and braking the process before encoding the video. Like that:

Avisynth error:
Script error: there is no function named "SupTitle"
(__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, line 53)
x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'

or smth like that:

Done with warnings!
* No forced captions in "00001.track_4608.Rus_forced.2D.sup"! Stream skipped.
* BDSup2Sub "00001.track_4608.Rus_forced.2D.sup": No forced subtitles found.
Generating the avisynth script anyway. You may have to convert the subtitles to IDX/SUB manually.
* No forced captions in "00001.track_4608.Rus_forced.2D.idx". Stream skipped.

I tried to choose between different discs & forced subs - the same. Both "Hardcode subtitle methods". BDSup2Sub ++ & jar (I got java).
Sometimes happens the successful hardcode of the full sub stream. Forced subs - never. As it doesnt exist at all, although is shown in the list at 2 tab.

Another subs-problem is - auto-forced subs do not play in rip even at the PC. "Forced subtitles (auto)" point is present in MKV, and it tries to play as default, but empty always.

My opinion - BD3DMK3D doesn't read correctly forced subs, while shows a lot of it. Or the demuxing process gives the empty stream, or the program doesnt see it.

2. Would be great if BD3DMK3D could set checkbox "Exit and encode after successful demux" on. It's boring to set it manually every time the process started. Please make this setting in the options.
And would be great having option "low cpu priority" in the options too (such cmd-file is made anyway, why not to use it?)

3. h.265 encoded files are not playable at the LG 4K TV. Some 265-files made in DVDFab are playable. Tried different options - couldn't understand what's wrong with BD3D2MK3D. At the PC everything is OK. What is needed for TVs?
Old 17th January 2016, 16:29   #759  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hi, GamBIT_Rus, and welcome to the Doom9 forums.

1. The "No forced captions" warning happens only when, well, there are no forced captions in a subtitle stream.
It might be difficult to determine the right stream to encode, because it depends of the authoring of the original BD.

In some BDs, the same subtitle stream contains the forced and non-forced captions. In that case, the BD usually contains only a single stream in that language, and the forced captions are individually flagged as forced within the stream. You should select that stream, but with the "(forced captions only)" extension if you don't want to hardcode all subtitles. Unfortunately, it is impossible to count the number of forced captions in a stream without demuxing it, and it's way too long to do it when the BD is loaded in the GUI. So, you have to try yourself. If the subtitle stream doesn't contain forced captions at all, you'll get the warning, and the stream is skipped (and therefore not hardcoded). That's not a bug.

The second method to include forced captions in a BD is to create two streams in the same language. One stream contains all captions (including the forced captions, but they are not flagged as forced), and the other stream contains only the forced captions (again not flagged as forced). You have therefore to select the right stream. And in that case, you should NOT select the stream with the "(forced captions only)" extension, because since the stream has no forced flags, it will be skipped. You should instead tick the "Forced" checkbox, that instructs BD3D2MK3D that all captions in that stream are forced.

Unfortunately, in that second case, it is not possible to know for sure if it's the first or second stream in your language that contains the demuxed streams. And other streams in the same language can also be present, such as the subtitles for the director comments or the hearing impaired. To know what stream you should select, the best way is to play the MPLS with a good player that shows you all subtitle streams (in the same order than in the BD). I use PotPlayer for that purpose and it is easy to locate the stream with all subtitles. Locating the stream with the forced subtitles only might be more difficult, but if there are only two streams in your language, it's necessarily the other stream.

If you wish, you can also simply tick all streams in your language, to demux them all. When they are demuxed, you can easily load them in BDSup2Sub to examine them. Then, you must edit the AVS script to modify the file name of the stream to hardcode, and delete the unnecessary streams from the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file. That's not difficult, and you can be sure of the result.

You should now understand why BD3D2MK3D shows each subtitle twice in tab 2. When the first authoring is used and there are forced subs, you can use the "(forced captions only)" variant to extract the subtitles with the forced flag only. When the second authoring is used, they are useless (and always empty) and you must locate the right stream yourself, with a good player.

Anyway, there is no bug in the detection of the subtitle streams. There is currently nothing that can analyse the subtitle streams sufficiently rapidly without demuxing the streams to present you the complete information, and you have to figure out yourself what stream to use.

The "there is no function named "SupTitle"" problem is more difficult to understand. I have never encountered it, and if you don't try to add yourself a subtitle in the AVS script, and if you encode the final MKV with __ENCODE_3D.cmd (and not with another program!) it should work. Maybe for whatever reason your PC cannot run SupTitle.dll? Can you verify that it is in the "toolset" directory of BD3D2MK3D, with SupCore.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll ? Also, in the AVS script, the command LoadPlugin("path\to\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll") should not be commented out. (It should NOT begin with the "#" character). If all these conditions are met, the error message should never be displayed.

If really SupTitle doesn't work for you, try to change the "Hardcode subtitle method" in the Settings menu, and select VobSub. The quality is less good, but at least that plugin doesn't need M$ libraries to work, and it should be easier to run.

2. Sorry, but IMO, it is very important that the user waits at least until the demux process has started, just to be sure that everything works well. And it is not difficult to tick that box at that time.

3. The compatibility of the players with h265 depends of the player, its codecs and the hardware. I can't tell you what settings to use for YOUR TV. IMO, for a good compatibility, you should NOT use x265, still very new and somewhat experimental. (BTW, I have added the support for x265 in BD3D2MK3D at the request of some experienced users, but I can't assume the responsibility if that doesn't work. And I have added a warning when you select it. Have you read it?) You have to figure out yourself the parameters suitable for your TV. And the fact that DVDFab's encoding in h265 work fine means just nothing. I don't know its h265 encoder, but I know that it encodes in h264 with very basic settings (hence the bad quality) and x264 or x265 are much more powerful encoders. But you have to learn how to use them. Also, honestly, personally I don't use x265, and therefore I don't know it well.
Old 18th January 2016, 11:42   #760  |  Link
GamBIT_Rus

Hello! Thanx for answer.

Now I've found that the problem is BD3D2MK3D shows the subs streams as they are twice, with fake "forced' streams. Let's look
here are screenshots

Rus Eng Rus Eng. 4 streams.
Really - Rus Full, Eng, Rus forced, Eng. Sadly but isnt pointed which one full or forced. Maybe due to BD author, dont now. But players commonly do now what to do with it.
Further

any attempt to use the forced subs will bump with the error until you somehow begin to know that exactly the second stream (and exactly with no checkbox forced on) is forced indeed. worth to be genius, isnt it? :-))
an attempt to use that fake forced subs-streams will give an error and interrupt. its been long to understand this to me, each time you must wait whole BD3D demux.
By the way, I offer yoг to set checkbox "Exit and encode after successful demux" on by default. It wouldnt be complex to uncheck the box to smbd who anyway wants to stop process after dumux. To the majority it isnt necessary, I think, only annoying.

So, at first sight the problem may be solved by finding out which subs-stream is forced. That may be not easy if the forced subs are written 5 times a film, for ex. So, the better way could be if BD3DMK3D would not show "fake" channels that produce its crash. And if a BD does really contain any mark of "forced" or not stream is - to show it (for a coder to understand if a stream is full or forced only). If it is possible to make.

What for 265 - this codec is very effective, equally twice to 264. Huge CPU usage to code, but it costs. 4K Tvs support it in common, but not so easy like 264. So it does matter to code correctly. DVDFab has given my only one 265 movie to play easily like 264. BD3DMK3D no one. I want to understand why. Media info still doesnt make me understand. Maybe reframes or smth. Asking to know. Full SbS or Full O/U are made for 4K internal players, to watch this instead of BD, so its important that 265 would run easy.
By the way, totally agree that x264 gives the best quality, so want to figure out with x265. Think you underestimate to power and future of 265 codec. It's great you added this into a program.
Closed Thread