Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd January 2015, 13:25   #4321  |  Link
Vincent Vega

i dont want any packages auto-disabled after 60 days

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...09#post1704409
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 06:24   #4322  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
Wondering if there have been any progress made regarding the adding of FDK-AAC into MeGUI.
I'm forking megui to github...really annoyed by SF. Still, 2-3 things to add and that should be fine...

btw, with this new year, megui is 10 years old !!!! Damned
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 08:27   #4323  |  Link
Barough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
I'm forking megui to github...really annoyed by SF. Still, 2-3 things to add and that should be fine...

Heard some others also say that they have become really annoyed with SF.

Looking forward 2 when ur finished with adding it

MeGUI 10 years old....... WOW
Barough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 01:29   #4324  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
What'd SF do?

So does that mean there'll be two versions of MeGUI?
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 08:41   #4325  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

It's mainly because I cannot commit anymore on SF even recreating a new password...and also how they manage/monetize the projects.

This doesnt mean that it will be 2 versions...it's just the hosting that's moving, at least for me.
Old 6th January 2015, 22:11   #4326  |  Link
Betsy25

KurtNoise,

Is Zathor still on board the MeGui ship ? Haven't seen anything regarding code chances recently.
Betsy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 08:45   #4327  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

He's still around here, don't worry...
Old 18th January 2015, 14:16   #4328  |  Link
Zathor

Yes, a little bit busy these days but still around.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 14:32   #4329  |  Link
Zathor

As I have received some messages about the update server, here are some details:

MeGUI is now down to one update server only. As this server is on its limit the update feature may have to be disabled in the future in total - therefore we ask for additional update servers.

The remaining update server was facing in December a download of ~500GB. I expect that when we release a new stable build or there are other bigger package changes that we will have a download volume up to ~2TB. This volume will be split over all available update servers so e.g. when there are 4 of them each will have to deal with ~500GB.

Requirements for a update server:
  • >= 500GB transfer volume available monthly
  • 1GB+ webspace
  • available over DNS / HTTP
  • FTP accounts for Kurtnoise and me or sync script in place so that the content of megui.org will be synced automatically (if anything goes wrong a ftp access may be a good idea nevertheless)
  • bandwidth does not matter so much as the detection & download of new packages is split over a few days

UPDATE: Luckily an additional update server has been added so we are now at 2 update servers. Nevertheless we are still searching for new servers.

Last edited by Zathor; 14th February 2015 at 16:31.
Old 18th January 2015, 18:07   #4330  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Zathor, Kurtnoise: Please check your PMs for an offer...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 13:42   #4331  |  Link
hello_hello

Zathor, Kurtnoise, or whoever's working on MeGUI these days.....

A fair while ago I asked about using frame rate conversion when L-Smash was indexing, and was told it doesn't have the ability. While that was no doubt true at the time, it appears that's no longer the case. I was looking through the readme file for the latest L-Smash version today and discovered it now has the same parameters for frame rate conversion as ffmsindex (ie fpsnum & fpsden).

I mention this due to the problem previously reported with ffmsindex and AVIs when it's frame rate conversion is used, and the apparent lack of interest in fixing it, so I thought I'd point out L-Smash can now do the same frame rate conversion, in case you weren't aware. It might be a good idea to switch to L-Smash as the default indexer, at least for AVIs.

I haven't tested L-Smash yet to see if it has the same issue, although I'd assume it'd be unlikely. I will try to test it at some stage fairly soon though and report back if I find a problem.

Cheers.
Old 13th February 2015, 13:35   #4332  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Sure...I will have a look but the sample provided by Overdrive is not available anymore. Could you upload another one please ?
Old 14th February 2015, 13:01   #4333  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

You have already avalaible a sample, regards sir.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...cal_Scroll.m2v
Old 14th February 2015, 14:03   #4334  |  Link
Betsy25

Quote:

Fantastic move !
Betsy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 16:46   #4335  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2523 [Update]               get update server configuration data from the update server itself
2522 [FDK-AAC Encoder]      added FDK-AAC encoder support
                            due to the FDK-AAC license the encoder will not be available in the online updater
2521 [Audio Encoder]        added custom command line support
2520 [Chapter Creator]      fixed sometimes incorrect duration (regression of 2516)
2519 [Update]               if an outdated package is enabled the update will be downloaded automatically (if auto update is not disabled)
     [Update]               reduced time after an inactive package will be disabled to 14 days
                            a lot of the last changes in the update handling are caused by the fact that the remaining update servers have to be protected
                            if you want to help please have a look here: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1706329&postcount=4410
2518                        updated copyright year to 2015
2517 [HD Streams Extractor] cosmetics
2516 [Chapter Creator]      added option to sort the title list by chapter count
     [Chapter Creator]      cosmetics
2515 [OneClick]             improved handling of track information in case no language information is available (regression of 2512). Part II
2514 [OneClick]             improved handling of track information in case no language information is available (regression of 2512)
Thanks to Tereay and LigH we have now a second update server. As the changes are in this build and the clients must adjust there is only the core package available currently. In the next days I will also upload other packages.
Old 15th February 2015, 06:31   #4336  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Sure...I will have a look but the sample provided by Overdrive is not available anymore. Could you upload another one please ?
It seems to happen with almost any AVI, although quite randomly. Attached is an example (about 10MB). When I index with ffms2 and the frame rate conversion is included in the script, frames 401 and 402 are the same. When I remove the frame rate conversion from the script the total frame count doesn't change but frames 401 and 402 are no longer the same, so ffms2 must be doing something odd.

So far I'm yet to see any oddness when L-Smash is indexing, with or without frame conversion in the script (except for the problem of ffms2 and L-Smash both treating AVIs with null frames as variable frame rate unless frame rate conversion is used).

The ffms2 oddness only seems to apply to AVI. Well.... it's fine for MKV but I've rarely used ffms2 with other file types myself.

http://ge.tt/6i3DZVA2/v/0
Old 15th February 2015, 06:33   #4337  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Thanks to Tereay and LigH we have now a second update server.
Thank you Tereay and LigH!!
Old 15th February 2015, 11:00   #4338  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Code:
2523 [Update]               get update server configuration data from the update server itself
2522 [FDK-AAC Encoder]      added FDK-AAC encoder support
                            due to the FDK-AAC license the encoder will not be available in the online updater
2521 [Audio Encoder]        added custom command line support
2520 [Chapter Creator]      fixed sometimes incorrect duration (regression of 2516)
2519 [Update]               if an outdated package is enabled the update will be downloaded automatically (if auto update is not disabled)
     [Update]               reduced time after an inactive package will be disabled to 14 days
                            a lot of the last changes in the update handling are caused by the fact that the remaining update servers have to be protected
                            if you want to help please have a look here: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1706329&postcount=4410
2518                        updated copyright year to 2015
2517 [HD Streams Extractor] cosmetics
2516 [Chapter Creator]      added option to sort the title list by chapter count
     [Chapter Creator]      cosmetics
2515 [OneClick]             improved handling of track information in case no language information is available (regression of 2512). Part II
2514 [OneClick]             improved handling of track information in case no language information is available (regression of 2512)
Thanks to Tereay and LigH we have now a second update server. As the changes are in this build and the clients must adjust there is only the core package available currently. In the next days I will also upload other packages.
For those who would like to test, fdkaac-0.6.2 are available from here :

x86 & x64
Old 15th February 2015, 11:54   #4339  |  Link
Barough

Quote:
For those who would like to test, fdkaac-0.6.2 are available from here :

x86 & x64

Thnx a lot
Old 15th February 2015, 12:26   #4340  |  Link
Barough

When trying to enable FDK-AAC so do i get the error message @ the same time i click on 'save' in the Settings

Log screenshot

Have tested it on both of my computers and it's the same issue on both of them

Win 7 Home x64 (Laptop)
Win 8.1 Pro x64 (Desktop)

Any clues what it can be due to because i dont have a clue myself