Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th January 2014, 22:56   #461  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,489
I like "FRank & Intel Media" better -- it gives credit where credit is due.

I have a half-SBS encode running right now using FRIMDecoder and X264 -- it's working flawlessly. I'm loving it.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 01:07   #462  |  Link
HWK
Registered User
 
HWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,059
Looking at bright side, those who are running win 7 can use frimdecode as a option to decode MVC, AVC and Mpeg2 and serve to x264 encoder.
__________________
If you fail to plan; you plan to fail, would you not agree? Think about it.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 14:22   #463  |  Link
videofan3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 304
FRIMSource for Avisynth - beta 1

Hi,

just for fun I started plugin for Avisynth

LoadPlugin ("some_path\FRIMSource.dll")
FRIMSource (codec="mvc", file="some_path\SRC_L.h264", dependent="some_path\SRC_R.h264", layout="sbs", cache=24, num_frames=250)


which is based on kernel of already tested FRIMDecode.

Since scrolling through elementary stream is not supported, I added there at least a cache for last N frames which can help a bit in case of subsequent temporal filters.

If anyone is interested - you can download this beta 1 from FRIMSource_v1.zip.

Remark: to be used together with libmfxhw32.dll or libmfxsw32.dll from Intel Media SDK or FRIM Package
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 14:34   #464  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
Hi,

just for fun I started plugin for Avisynth

LoadPlugin ("some_path\FRIMSource.dll")
FRIMSource (codec="mvc", file="some_path\SRC_L.h264", dependent="some_path\SRC_R.h264", layout="sbs", cache=24, num_frames=250)


which is based on kernel of already tested FRIMDecode.

Since scrolling through elementary stream is not supported, I added there at least a cache for last N frames which can help a bit in case of subsequent temporal filters.

If anyone is interested - you can download this beta 1 from FRIMSource_v1.zip.

Remark: to be used together with libmfxhw32.dll or libmfxsw32.dll from Intel Media SDK or FRIM Package
Nice job. I'm loving the fact that it decodes ALL legal BD codec types!
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 15:18   #465  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,489
I'm having problems feeding a SBS avisynth source into FRIMEncode.

AVISYNTH script:
Code:
LoadPlugin("frimsource.dll")
frimsource(codec="mvc",file="s:\working6\workfiles\00001.track_4113.264",dependent="s:\working6\workfiles\00001.track_4114.mvc",layout="sbs",cache=24,num_frames=1000)
AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
ConvertToYV12()
I can play the script in MPC with no problem, but when I try to encode it with FRIMEncode the result is:
Code:
D:\test>d:\bd_rebuilder\tools\frimencode -avi -sbs 2 -i frimtest.avs -viewoutput
 -o::mvc frimbase.264 frimdep.mvc -vbr 28000 40000 -u 4

ERROR: Cannot get YUV420 frame from input avi-file frimtest.avs

ERROR: File reader initialization failed.

ERROR: Cannot start encoding process.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 15:50   #466  |  Link
videofan3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'm having problems feeding a SBS avisynth source into FRIMEncode.

AVISYNTH script:
Code:
LoadPlugin("frimsource.dll")
frimsource(codec="mvc",file="s:\working6\workfiles\00001.track_4113.264",dependent="s:\working6\workfiles\00001.track_4114.mvc",layout="sbs",cache=24,num_frames=1000)
AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
ConvertToYV12()
I can play the script in MPC with no problem, but when I try to encode it with FRIMEncode the result is:
Code:
D:\test>d:\bd_rebuilder\tools\frimencode -avi -sbs 2 -i frimtest.avs -viewoutput
 -o::mvc frimbase.264 frimdep.mvc -vbr 28000 40000 -u 4

ERROR: Cannot get YUV420 frame from input avi-file frimtest.avs

ERROR: File reader initialization failed.

ERROR: Cannot start encoding process.
I repeated steps using your script but I faced no problem - video was correctly encoded.

Please check your VFW setting, if FRIMEncode can read YUV AVS - in general.

Remarks:
AssumeFPS(24000,1001) is not necessary, fps is retrieved from source.
Also, FRIMSource() returns video in YV12 thus ConvertToYV12() is redundant.
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 15:56   #467  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,489
I don't think I understand what you're saying. I can feed the same script into X264 and it encodes it without problem (but no MVC, of course).
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 16:02   #468  |  Link
Cedvano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 232
I have error "Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session"
I have put the libmfxsw32.dll in plugin directory.
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 16:08   #469  |  Link
videofan3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I don't think I understand what you're saying. I can feed the same script into X264 and it encodes it without problem (but no MVC, of course).
Please try to play with directories and setting of your Video For Windows subsystem (via ffdshow - I guess that someone in this thread already commented what needs to be set).

I didn't reproduce your problem. On my computer I repeated your scenario without issues...
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 16:11   #470  |  Link
videofan3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedvano View Post
I have error "Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session"
I have put the libmfxsw32.dll in plugin directory.
Please describe me more info.

libmfxsw32.dll is using standard Windows DLL-location system, and loaded automatically. Exactly as FRIMDecode or FRIMEncode do it.
(I.e. no special directories for it - I don't like such approach)

Last edited by videofan3d; 19th January 2014 at 16:19.
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 16:34   #471  |  Link
Cedvano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 232
Here my script :
Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\eac3\FRIM\FRIMsource.dll")
frimsource(codec="mvc",file="D:\Temp\left.264",dependent="D:\Temp\right.mvc",layout="sbs",cache=24,num_frames=2152)
And when I want to play it with MPC, I have error.
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 16:49   #472  |  Link
videofan3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedvano View Post
Here my script :
Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\eac3\FRIM\FRIMsource.dll")
frimsource(codec="mvc",file="D:\Temp\left.264",dependent="D:\Temp\right.mvc",layout="sbs",cache=24,num_frames=2152)
And when I want to play it with MPC, I have error.
Message "Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session" means that Intel Media Core cannot find any relevant library: neither libmfxsw32.dll nor libmfxhw32.dll (or its subcomponents)

Where is your libmfxsw32.dll located?

Remark: On my computer I have set
PATH= ..... ;C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK 2013 R2\bin\win32\; ....

and this is the only directory where is libmfxsw32.dll stored.
and everything works well.

Last edited by videofan3d; 19th January 2014 at 16:54.
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 16:52   #473  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'm having problems feeding a SBS avisynth source into FRIMEncode.

AVISYNTH script:
Code:
LoadPlugin("frimsource.dll")
frimsource(codec="mvc",file="s:\working6\workfiles\00001.track_4113.264",dependent="s:\working6\workfiles\00001.track_4114.mvc",layout="sbs",cache=24,num_frames=1000)
AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
ConvertToYV12()
I can play the script in MPC with no problem, but when I try to encode it with FRIMEncode the result is:
Code:
D:\test>d:\bd_rebuilder\tools\frimencode -avi -sbs 2 -i frimtest.avs -viewoutput
 -o::mvc frimbase.264 frimdep.mvc -vbr 28000 40000 -u 4

ERROR: Cannot get YUV420 frame from input avi-file frimtest.avs

ERROR: File reader initialization failed.

ERROR: Cannot start encoding process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
Please try to play with directories and setting of your Video For Windows subsystem (via ffdshow - I guess that someone in this thread already commented what needs to be set).

I didn't reproduce your problem. On my computer I repeated your scenario without issues...
Ok. For anyone else who is getting this error:

1. Select FFDSHOW from Start Menu/All Programs
2. Select VFW Configuration
3. On the DECODER tab, scroll down to "Raw Video"
4. Select "All Supported"
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th January 2014 at 16:55.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 17:24   #474  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedvano View Post
I have error "Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session"
I have put the libmfxsw32.dll in plugin directory.
Simply put the libmfxsw32.dll it into the Windows system directory, and you are done for all times.
Which system directory to choose has been explained in detail by LordMulder.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 18:03   #475  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,628
FRIMsource.dll works well here into x264 and into FRIMencode.

Script:
Code:
LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files Video\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\FRIMSource.dll")

FRIMsource(codec="mvc", file="00098.track_4113.264", dependent="00098.track_4114.mvc", layout="sbs", cache=24, num_frames=2000)
horizontalreduceby2()   #for Half-SBS
command for SBS x264:
Code:
x264.exe  "c:\Program Files Video\FRIM\FRIMSource_.avs" --bluray-compat --crf 20 --vbv-bufsize 15000 --vbv-maxrate 15000 --sar 1:1 --fps 23.976 --output "C:\temp\scratch\FRIMSourceTox264.h264"
command for MVC FRIMEncode:
Code:
FRIMEncode.exe mvc -avi -sbs 2 -i FRIMSource_.avs -viewoutput -o::mvc FRIMSource_Base_.avc FRIMSource_Dependent_.mvc -l 6 -cpbsize 3750 -vbr 6000 15000 -u 4 -profile high -level 4.1 -gop 24 4 0 O -PicTimingSEI off -EndOfSequence off

Last edited by Sharc; 19th January 2014 at 21:42.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 00:36   #476  |  Link
Cedvano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Simply put the libmfxsw32.dll it into the Windows system directory, and you are done for all times.
Which system directory to choose has been explained in detail by LordMulder.
Yeah ! works fine ! Thanks for your help.
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 23:26   #477  |  Link
frencher
French Love
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 431
@videofan3d
Strange test,
My left and right view source have framerate @ 25 fps
My CMD is:
Code:
"FRIMEncode.exe" mvc -i "FRIM.AVS" -avi -sbs 2 -viewoutput -o "L.h264" -o "R.h264"  -cbr 20000 -f 23.976 -u 1 -level 4.1
Framerate output is 25 fps
__________________
2013-11-29 MVC Player Free v0.0.2.6 BD & 3D BD's Player, Demuxer v0.0.0.8b, Recoder. Tutorial
Demo for MVC Player Free: Trailer 3D

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 23:42   #478  |  Link
videofan3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by frencher View Post
@videofan3d
Strange test,
My left and right view source have framerate @ 25 fps
My CMD is:
Code:
"FRIMEncode.exe" mvc -i "FRIM.AVS" -avi -sbs 2 -viewoutput -o "L.h264" -o "R.h264"  -cbr 20000 -f 23.976 -u 1 -level 4.1
Framerate output is 25 fps
It is clear (and expected)

For FRIMEncode parameters -w -h and -f are valid only for YUV planar input.
In case of avi input, these three are retrieved from .avi file (and on command line they are ignored)

You have to modify it already on "avi" level, i.e. adding command AssumeFPS(24000,1001) in your Avisynth script.
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 23:49   #479  |  Link
frencher
French Love
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
It is clear (and expected)

For FRIMEncode parameters -w -h and -f are valid only for YUV planar input.
In case of avi input, these three are retrieved from .avi file (and on command line they are ignored)

You have to modify it already on "avi" level, i.e. adding command AssumeFPS(24000,1001) in your Avisynth script.
OK thanks
__________________
2013-11-29 MVC Player Free v0.0.2.6 BD & 3D BD's Player, Demuxer v0.0.0.8b, Recoder. Tutorial
Demo for MVC Player Free: Trailer 3D

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:28   #480  |  Link
frencher
French Love
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Ok. For anyone else who is getting this error:

1. Select FFDSHOW from Start Menu/All Programs
2. Select VFW Configuration
3. On the DECODER tab, scroll down to "Raw Video"
4. Select "All Supported"
__________________
2013-11-29 MVC Player Free v0.0.2.6 BD & 3D BD's Player, Demuxer v0.0.0.8b, Recoder. Tutorial
Demo for MVC Player Free: Trailer 3D

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
encoders, mvc

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.